17 Assisted Living Facilities near Manlius, NY
Also serving communities of Oneida.
There are 17 Assisted Living Facilities in the Manlius area, with 2 in Manlius and 15 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Manlius is $5,295 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Fayetteville with an average starting cost of $4,120.
To help you with your search, browse the 107 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Manlius. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Manlius 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Baldwinsville with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Manlius, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Manlius, NY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Manlius
Manlius is a larger suburb of Syracuse located in upstate New York. Seniors in this town may enjoy spending time making friends in the 700-member strong Manlius Senior Center or strolling along one of the many area nature trails. Manlius has a population of 32,000, 20% of whom are aged 65 and older. These seniors may require accommodation in a senior living facility as they age. To serve their needs, Manlius is home to 2 assisted living facilities, with 14 more nearby.
The New York State Office for the Aging licenses and regulates assisted living communities in Manlius. These facilities are required to have certified staff on hand and provide certain levels of nursing care for residents.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Manlius
Weather in Manlius means long, snowy winters and warm summers. Seniors who have health conditions affected by cold weather may be uncomfortable here, while those who are sensitive to high heat may enjoy moderately warm Manlius's climate.
- New York does not levy state income tax on Social Security benefits and retirement account withdrawals under $20,000 per year. Seniors budgeting for assisted living in Manlius may appreciate the extra money.
- The Manlius area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Upstate University Hospital and Crouse Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Cost of living in the U.S. starts at a baseline of 100. Manlius's cost of living is right on par with that average, making it more affordable than other areas of the state. Important costs for seniors in assisted living, such as groceries, healthcare, and housing, are near the 100 average at 95, 98, and 104, respectively.
- Residents of Manlius have access to the Syracuse public transport system Centro. Seniors and those with a qualifying disability may be eligible for reduced fares. In addition, para-transport services are available by appointment.
- Crime rates in the U.S. are rated on a scale of 1 to 100, with 1 being the safest. Violent crime rates across the country average 23, while property crimes average 35. Manlius crime rates are lower in both categories, with a violent crime rate of 10 and a property crime rate of 25. Seniors are encouraged to use caution when traveling into Syracuse proper, however.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Manlius
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in Manlius start around $5,295 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Manlius and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Manlius
The state of New York offers payment assistance for those who need help paying for assisted living fees. This is a Community First Choice State Plan Option (CFCO), similar to a Medicaid waiver. This Assisted Living Program (ALP) helps residents who need nursing care pay for assisted living fees.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Manlius
Manlius and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Manlius, please visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Manlius
Manlius-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Manlius
Review of Brookdale Manlius
We had lunch at Brookdale Manlius and the food wasn't very good. The staff was very nice and very helpful. They were going out to some burger place for lunch when I was there. They had a couple of ... Read more
Review of Brookdale Manlius
My mom has moved into Brookdale Manlius. It's wonderful. I like all the activities they have. They have outings, exercise classes, and entertainment. They serve three meals a day. They provide the ... Read more
Review of Manlius Assisted Living Program
Our 85 year old Mom has been here for almost a year....We could not be more pleased with the place or the care she has received.......Susan, Kevin, Steph, John and the entire staff are just the bes... Read more