Brookdale Bellevue

Reviews of Brookdale Bellevue

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Bellevue

May 10, 2016

By JanetAFMYL

I chose Brookdale Bellevue for my mom. It felt homey and wasn't like a hospital or institution of any kind. It felt like a house when you're visiting friends or maybe going to a party or meeting a lot of people. They have very good food, the rooms are a good size, and people are friendly and very helpful. They do a lot of different things, like bingo, singalongs, movie nights and popcorn, and have entertainment come in, like singers and comedians. Right next to it are residential houses. It's not like a city; it's on the outskirts and everybody has a yard and dogs. It's very quiet, and they have areas outside in the courtyard where they can sit. The food was great and maybe a month ago, they got a whole new kitchen staff and a new chef so they're still trying different ways of doing things, but what they do is they come right to the table as if you were in a restaurant. They have one special and other options if you don't like what the special is, so they'll take your order and your drinks and bring your food out, just like you're sitting in a restaurant, so that's nice.

March 31, 2016

By Chuck22

The people, the rooms, everything were very nice at Brookdale Bellevue. The woman that we spoke with was wonderful. The rooms looked very accommodating, very simple but very clean and very noble looking. There was a lot of social interaction and everything.

January 06, 2016

By live on

The review page would not let me give less than 1 star, but I would give it a negative 5 stars. As a visitor, residents have come to me for assistance because there is never anyone around to help them find their rooms if they become disoriented. I'm a retired RN and feel that a nurse there that routinely takes orders and gives diabetic medication at the facility has made some very negligent errors, from not questioning a doctor's order that was contraindicated and caused serious side effects, to not giving a diabetic patient her injection. The food is low quality and there isn't sufficient input from a dietitian. Some food has been served cold that should have been heated (potatoes). This has been reported to the health department. When the husband of a couple fell and was taken by ambulance (called by a staff member) to the hospital, the next day a staff member asked the wife why she didn't inform the day staff about it. Apparently the staff members don't communicate properly among themselves and felt they could blame the wife with dementia for not reporting the incident to the next shift. Over the counter medications are only given with a doctor's order, but they don't get the orders for the resident. They also rely on family members to pick up prescriptions and bring them to the facility which is rather inconvenient. There is no nurse in the building after 7:30 pm, RN or LPN. There are the usual bingo and sing-a-longs done at all these facilities. I would not recommend this place if you can possibly avoid it. They do not have family updates/meetings and instead try to hide information about the residents from the family members by claiming HIPPA restrictions.

We appreciate you sharing your concerns with us. Please be assured the safety and well-being of our residents is our first priority, and we have shared your feedback with our regional team. We would like to learn more about your experience, and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296.

September 07, 2015

Brookdale Bellevue was very nice and clean. The people were very friendly. The apartments were small but clean. I like the location, and the atmosphere was very friendly.

July 31, 2015

By Marianne17

Our overall experience with Brookdale Bellevue has been very pleasant. Everyone is very helpful and attentive to my father. He has been there just a couple of months now. The rooms are kept up clean and neat, and there's plenty of room for him. The dining room is nice, and it's plenty of room too. Everyone knows where to sit, and the food is excellent. They have a great monthly schedule. There's always something going on. He really likes the masses because they provide a mass a couple of times a week.

July 13, 2015

By Susan113781450

I visited Brookdale Bellevue. The staff was very helpful and informative. They gave me the information that I needed and gave me ideas on what to do. There was an issue of not taking meds, and they gave me an idea on how they went about helping the patients with the importance of taking the meds. They had several levels. The rooms looked like standard rooms. It was small with a queen size bed, and a bathroom attached or in the room. It was almost like a hotel room. It has enough space for a TV. They had activities all set-up on the wall. I knew she mentioned they went out to the malls and different things. They had bingo, but I didn't really look at the activities scheduled for the month. I walked through their dining room. They had two set-ups -- one for people who were a little bit more independent which was on one side of the building and those who needed a little bit more help could go to the other side. It was basically a large room with round tables. It was set up like a restaurant, and they had their meals from a menu.

May 26, 2015

By Allen8

We did visit and the place seemed OK. We had a good tour around the place, and I was happy with the presentation. The staff treated us very well. We saw their rooms, and they looked very good as far as I could tell.

September 26, 2014

By Diane99455450

I am a resident and I like the atmosphere and the staff. They are all very happy and nice. The care and services provided are great. The food and the dining area are excellent. They have all kinds of activities and they also have a shuttle.

September 23, 2014

By Caring95172050

What impressed me was that they are taking care of the residents well and the people seemed to be happy there. For the price, the room is really adequate. They clean the room once a week and they have three meals a day. They had game and exercise room. The director of the place talked to me as well, and if my dad needs to go a place, I know where it would be.

July 29, 2014

It was a decent facility, I guess. We weren't overly impressed, but at that time they would not take Medicaid, so everything stopped. We looked around, and it was fine. The rooms were smaller and kind of closed-in. There were not a lot of places for patients to go socialize or anything. I think, just from a patient's standpoint, they need to offer more activities.

May 29, 2014

We had taken a tour. The place would have served sufficiently for our mother, had they had an available room, but they didn't have one. The staff were fine. I also happen to know a friend who had her mom there, and she thinks they do a fine job. They do activities all day long.

April 22, 2014

By Catherine11

It was very warm. I was instantly thrilled by the atmosphere in the lobby. The recreational director showed us around. The residents knew her. I was really excited how it was such a lovely, welcoming atmosphere. It was lunchtime, and the food smelled really good. There was nothing that they didn't want to show me. There was no holding back. Certainly if I was able, I would want my parents to be there. The rooms were great. They were able to show me one resident, and she actually had a cat. It was really cute. So she was happy to show us off the room, and I thought it was great. They have like a Sunday drive or trip where they can just go and take a ride or church once a week. If I could make it happen moneywise, then I would just have them there in a heartbeat. It's safe and friendly. I wouldn't have concerns about anybody's safety or well-being or somebody being neglected or abused.

January 27, 2014

By Nancy76219550

We visited and my mother ended up living there. We were very happy with the selection. They have an exercise class every morning. They have a devotional thing for the residents. They do cooking, they go shopping, and they go out on day trips. They do a lot of nice things. They have the bingo and the games and the crafts. My mom loves the food, loves the people, and she's very happy.

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Bellevue

Photos of Brookdale Bellevue

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Bellevue

• Pets: Yes

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

About Brookdale Bellevue

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Our community features all private apartments with private bathroom. Home-like environment, staff longevity, family oriented, monthly family parties!

Map of Brookdale Bellevue