Garden Gate Health Care Facility

Reviews of Garden Gate Health Care Facility

Nursing Home Reviews for Garden Gate Health Care Facility

September 04, 2019

By blvimmer

Susan should not work with anyone. My mother in law is 87 years old most of her children but not all are out of town and we have all heard how condicending and uncompasionate she is. Another note the food is horrible. I have viewed pictures of the "chicken and rice" wich in all actuality turned out to be chopped chicken. She personally did not need chopped up food and thought she was going to recieve fried chicken. She had a doppler preformed and the "staff" left her sitting there in her underware for 4 hours, she was right across from the nursing station! Final note they "lost" quite a few of her clothing items. All in all we expect your facility and others like it to respect and care for our live ones. You should rethink how you care for your patients. It will end up being a law suite.

Your remarks have been shared with our team. We would welcome the opportunity to speak with you in greater detail regarding the type of food your mother-in-law received and why it was presented that way. We will also be happy to address your other concerns. Please feel free to reach out to our Administrator or Director of Nursing. Thank you.

March 23, 2019

By Steven

Garden Gate Health Care Facility looks good. The staff provides everything she needs. They have all kinds of activities like Bingo, games, TV, newspapers, singing, and music coming in once a week. My mom's room is a little old-fashioned but it's adequate. The place looks professional. It's extremely high cost. You have to be at the Marriott Hotel to get your money's worth there.

March 23, 2019

By Mich0515

My Mom was in this facility 12/5/2018 thru 12/28/2018. It was very dirty. My mom, who was bedridden for her stay was not cleaned often and many times her call light was ignored for long periods of time. I visited her daily and every day I would clean her room and found used gloves and towels on the floor or on her sink. Her garbage was often over flowing. I discussed this matter several times with the staff and although they agreed with me that it was unacceptable, nothing was ever done to change it.

March 17, 2018

By pmcney

On March 13, 2008 my fater's wife filled out a specific menu request for my father's meals. To date he has not received what was ordered. Thursday I talked with the charge person and she said it she entered it in the computer and he was getting what mom ordered. Last night my brother was there and still the food ordered was not delivered. He does refuse a lot of food but the family has taken control of that. We feel that even if he just picks at what is there it is better than nothing. We are supplying Insure for nutrition and he drinks that. Also could someone monitor his water intake. He is not drinking enough and his hand is swelling.

Thank you for your feedback. Your comments have been shared with our staff. We believe our diet technician unintentionally used a menu from one of our other facilities which features slightly a different meal selection. The situation has since been rectified; we appreciate your understanding. Thank you.

February 02, 2018

By horrible.

Rude nurses. Don’t answer patients who need help. The nurses are fast to respond with not allowing them to make any choices for themselves. I seen a women in her 90 ask to just lay down and rest and she was told no it is almost time for lunch and replied your here for rehab I guess it is ok to take there rights decisions choices away from them and tell them what they are to do. She only asked for a rest after being up half the day. They crowd the tv room with patients I guess this is a way not to allow them to turn lights on and ask for help. I truly am so hurt to see patients get treated like this. Sad

Thank you for your feedback. Our team is committed to providing the highest standards of care and quality of life for our residents, as reflected in our high federal and state government ratings. We provide activity programs in the lounges for our residents that foster staff engagement and promote positive stimulation. We have found that our residents enjoy this interaction and reap benefits on many levels including a reduction in the incidence of falls. We would welcome the opportunity to speak to you in further detail regarding your comments. Since your name and number are not listed, we invite you to contact our Director of Nursing, Amy Schleer. We look forward to hearing from you.

June 20, 2017

By harhen

My uncle was at Garden GAte and had excellent care. It was truly a blessing for my aunt and uncle. The place was neat and clean. Food was delicious.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a rating. It was our pleasure to care for your uncle.

May 04, 2017

By Anon4589

This is a terrible facility. The aides are rude and the nurses incompetent. The rooms are small, hallways cluttered, and it's either too hot or too cold. The aides don't want to do work. My mother was there and she would be changed once a shift unless I told an aide. Even then she had to wait a significant amount of time. They were constantly understaffed which is probably why she wasn't changed often and explains the aides attitudes. I heard from various staff, it was also a bad place to work for. The food is terrible. They claim to be a 5 star facility but, I don't see it. Overall 0/10 stars. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Thank you for your feedback. Our team is committed to providing progressive clinically-focused care for our residents and a quality working environment for our employees. We invite you to visit the federal government’s website at www.medicare.gov to view our star ratings for quality measures, staffing, surveys and more. We would also welcome the opportunity to speak to you regarding your comments. Since your name and number are not listed, please contact our Director of Nursing, Amy Schleer at your convenience. We look forward to hearing from you.

October 10, 2016

By Robert Morton

The people at Garden Gate were wonderful. Bless them all.

Thank you for taking the time to provide a 5-star rating. It is appreciated.

October 10, 2016

By Peter Stankowski

I was at Garden Gate for rehabilitation after back surgery. The staff was great and the facility was clean and welcoming. I definitely recommend Garden Gate for therapy.

Thank you Peter for taking the time to provide a post about your experience at Garden Gate. It was a pleasure helping your recover after your surgery. Thank you for recommending Garden Gate.

October 19, 2015

By HonestFeedback

It's hard to believe this facility has received some good ratings. I guess that's just a sign of how bad many nursing homes are. My father was at Garden Gate a couple of years ago. His room was tiny, dark, and depressing and looked out onto the wall of another building. In December, someone kept opening the window in his room and leaving it open (possibly to smoke?). Of course, the staff denied it. We found his pills unswallowed in his mouth. He was brought to a freezing cold dining room dressed in just a light gown, and I would find him sitting in a wheelchair, two feet from the table, unable to even reach his food. The staff explained the cold dining room by saying that room was added on later and "it's always like this". The wound care he received appeared inadequate and the doctor too rushed. One of the nurses was fairly good. Hallways are cramped and cluttered and too many silly holiday decorations didn't help. I can only hope the administrators of this place have the opportunity to be patients/residents here someday.

Thank you for your feedback. Our team is committed to providing progressive clinically-focused care for our residents and a quality working environment for our employees. Your comments have been shared with our staff.

August 17, 2015

By star5520

My Mom is in Garden Gate for broken femur, she has to have the hoyer lift to get out of bed and to use bedpan, sometimes she sits for an hour waiting. Aides do not want to work, food is terrible, and it is not very clean, with tiny rooms. Would not advise anyone to be their family member here. It's bad when patients have their light on for help and 2 aides walk by and say they are not responding to any of the lights. I could go on and on, but I guess you get my drift. I can't wait till survey time.

Thank you for your feedback. Our team is committed to the highest levels of quality when it comes to the care of our residents and patients. Your comments have been shared with our staff.

March 27, 2015

I visited Garden Gate for my mother. I didn't care for the cleanliness of it. It seemed cluttered. It didn't seem like a home-living. It was more of an institutional living, and that turned me off right away. The staff did show me around. One thing different there than where my mom is now is that they had like little individual dining rooms with maybe 15 people in it. Overall, what they could improve on is to tidy up their hallways. That was the biggest turn-off for me. I was very unimpressed. Their main hallways seemed to be cluttered.

January 07, 2015

By Careless

My mother was placed there for rehab after a fall. She had been there before without any issues. This time it seemed that the staff was not very attentive. She ended up falling at night near her bed and bruised up her leg. Then the next day was taken to the the hospital when throwing up and incoherent. Turned out she had been overmedicated with her epilepsy pills and the doctor at the hospital told us she was "toxic" which was causing her blood pressure to sky rocket. Needless to say she will not be going back there!

May 30, 2014

By Kathy72052250

Garden Gate Health Care Facility was the first place that would take my mom for rehab, and she's been there ever since. It is an older facility; a medium scale for cleanliness and the look of it. The service is satisfactory and activities are great. However, the rooms are too small. They can make it bigger and cleaner. The food is terrible too. They could have a better menu and food choices, like more fresh food. In addition, the air quality is not good; it's either too hot or too cold.

Photos of Garden Gate Health Care Facility

Services and Amenities of Garden Gate Health Care Facility

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Individual
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Garden Gate Health Care Facility

Welcome to The McGuire Group’s family-owned Garden Gate Health Care Facility located in Cheektowaga, NY. Since 1979, we have been committed to pioneering and integrating progressive programs and services that include inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation, skilled nursing care, palliative care and respite/short-term care. Our facility also features a Complex Medical Care Unit, CMCU, providing patients with noninvasive monitoring of their cardiac performance through state-of-the-art telemetry. The result is an improved patient outcome and avoidance of hospital readmissions. Our commitment to quality has resulted in 5-star ratings from the federal government, which rates every facility in the country. In addition, for the past 5 years, the NY State Department of Health has issued a Nursing Home Quality Initiative that evaluates nearly 600 nursing homes in the state based on quality performance. Garden Gate is among an elite list of facilities state-wide that has achieved the top quintile status for 5 out of 5 years, with The McGuire Group being the only multi-facility provider in the state to have achieved this milestone. Our staff welcomes you to complete an online admission application and make an appointment for a tour.

Map of Garden Gate Health Care Facility