Garden Gate Health Care Facility

Reviews of Garden Gate Health Care Facility

Nursing Home Reviews for Garden Gate Health Care Facility

October 19, 2015

By HonestFeedback

It's hard to believe this facility has received some good ratings. I guess that's just a sign of how bad many nursing homes are. My father was at Garden Gate a couple of years ago. His room was tiny, dark, and depressing and looked out onto the wall of another building. In December, someone kept opening the window in his room and leaving it open (possibly to smoke?). Of course, the staff denied it. We found his pills unswallowed in his mouth. He was brought to a freezing cold dining room dressed in just a light gown, and I would find him sitting in a wheelchair, two feet from the table, unable to even reach his food. The staff explained the cold dining room by saying that room was added on later and "it's always like this". The wound care he received appeared inadequate and the doctor too rushed. One of the nurses was fairly good. Hallways are cramped and cluttered and too many silly holiday decorations didn't help. I can only hope the administrators of this place have the opportunity to be patients/residents here someday.
Thank you for your feedback. Our team is committed to providing progressive clinically-focused care for our residents and a quality working environment for our employees. Your comments have been shared with our staff.

August 17, 2015

By star5520

My Mom is in Garden Gate for broken femur, she has to have the hoyer lift to get out of bed and to use bedpan, sometimes she sits for an hour waiting. Aides do not want to work, food is terrible, and it is not very clean, with tiny rooms. Would not advise anyone to be their family member here. It's bad when patients have their light on for help and 2 aides walk by and say they are not responding to any of the lights. I could go on and on, but I guess you get my drift. I can't wait till survey time.
Thank you for your feedback. Our team is committed to the highest levels of quality when it comes to the care of our residents and patients. Your comments have been shared with our staff.

March 27, 2015

I visited Garden Gate for my mother. I didn't care for the cleanliness of it. It seemed cluttered. It didn't seem like a home-living. It was more of an institutional living, and that turned me off right away. The staff did show me around. One thing different there than where my mom is now is that they had like little individual dining rooms with maybe 15 people in it. Overall, what they could improve on is to tidy up their hallways. That was the biggest turn-off for me. I was very unimpressed. Their main hallways seemed to be cluttered.

January 07, 2015

By Careless

My mother was placed there for rehab after a fall. She had been there before without any issues. This time it seemed that the staff was not very attentive. She ended up falling at night near her bed and bruised up her leg. Then the next day was taken to the the hospital when throwing up and incoherent. Turned out she had been overmedicated with her epilepsy pills and the doctor at the hospital told us she was "toxic" which was causing her blood pressure to sky rocket. Needless to say she will not be going back there!

May 30, 2014

By Kathy72052250

Garden Gate Health Care Facility was the first place that would take my mom for rehab, and she's been there ever since. It is an older facility; a medium scale for cleanliness and the look of it. The service is satisfactory and activities are great. However, the rooms are too small. They can make it bigger and cleaner. The food is terrible too. They could have a better menu and food choices, like more fresh food. In addition, the air quality is not good; it's either too hot or too cold.

Photos of Garden Gate Health Care Facility

Services and Amenities of Garden Gate Health Care Facility

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Individual
  • Date Certified: 07/01/2019

About Garden Gate Health Care Facility

Welcome to The McGuire Group’s family-owned Garden Gate Health Care Facility located in Cheektowaga, NY. Since 1979, we have been committed to pioneering and integrating progressive programs and services that include inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation, skilled nursing care, palliative care and respite/short-term care. Our facility also features a Complex Medical Care Unit, CMCU, providing patients with noninvasive monitoring of their cardiac performance through state-of-the-art telemetry. The result is an improved patient outcome and avoidance of hospital readmissions. Our commitment to quality has resulted in 5-star ratings from the federal government, which rates every facility in the country. In addition, for the past 5 years, the NY State Department of Health has issued a Nursing Home Quality Initiative that evaluates nearly 600 nursing homes in the state based on quality performance. Garden Gate is among an elite list of facilities state-wide that has achieved the top quintile status for 5 out of 5 years, with The McGuire Group being the only multi-facility provider in the state to have achieved this milestone. Our staff welcomes you to complete an online admission application and make an appointment for a tour.

Map of Garden Gate Health Care Facility