Peregrine Senior Living at Orchard Park

Peregrine Senior Living at Orchard Park (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Peregrine Senior Living at Orchard Park

Memory Care Reviews for Peregrine Senior Living at Orchard Park

April 11, 2014

Father is now at Peregrine's Landing. I like this community. He has Alzheimer's, so it is a memory care unit. It is a smaller facility, which I thought was great, and it is only 5 minutes from my home. The place is clean and efficient. His room is spacious. He has a single bed and three chairs. We set it up with all of his personal belongings, and they all sit well. He likes his room. He has a bathroom facility within the room; however, there is no shower. The staff is excellent. They are very good and very attentive. They make sure that they help him if he needs it. Food is also excellent. My father likes the food. They give him two choices for every meal, and they are enough. They log what he eats so that I can see the notes about his progress. I would recommend this community to anyone.

September 21, 2013

By bad living

my mother was a resident at this facility my mother was attacked along with 5 other lady residence by a man they are keeping the man at the facility because they just received his check earlier this month I have to keep my mother at home let alone I had to pay for her stay at the facility wow she's at home and the man is still there this is very uncomfortable feeling the staff members are terrible especially a woman by the name of Mary her attitude is terrible and she is very demanding and she doesn't react with the residents at all I rate this a negative 0

Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations. Peregrine’s Landing at Orchard Park understands the unique situations that come along with dealing with residents’ with dementia and their progression in the disease. We are truly sorry you had to deal with this unpleasant situation, but we are proud to say we fixed it as quickly as we could, while following all regulations. Peregrine’s Landing at Orchard Park thanks you for taking the time to share with us your concerns.

August 26, 2013

By Charles21

I called up Quaker's Landing and made an appointment with them. I visited the place and they looked like they are very well suited for my wife's status. They understood my wife's problems and they were dedicated to those kinds of problem that she has. All my questions were answered and I was very pleased with their approach. They also have activities for the residents. They only admit private people. They don't accept Medicaid or Medicare people. I told them that they looked like the one that I will choose. The prices were comparable to other facilities.

By lovebug24

Walking into this community felt like I was walking into home!The management team and staff are very friendly welcoming. It was so nice to see all the residents enjoying the music. Some were actually dancing! Moving my mom was one of the most difficult decisions I EVER had to make. I cannot thank this staff enough for all of their support. They are my second family!

By theonlyplacetolive

Any illness, especially one that affects a parent's ability to care for themselves, is an emotional time. Fortunately for families there are compassionate memory care professionals that can help ease both the patient and family through these traumatic periods. The staff at Quaker's Landing has created a loving and caring atmosphere for Dad while giving me the peace of mind knowing he is getting the best of care. Dad enjoys variety of activities and in many ways he is doing more than when he lived on his own. Angelo D'Anna

By love quakers

Dear Quaker's Landing Staff and Friends, Quaker's Landing is "home" to Mom. This year marks her third year as a resident. The administration and staff are wonderful to her. She is happy and genuinely loved and cared for by all of the staff. She enjoys the music and art programs, as well as playing the Wii games and having her hair done in the salon each week. Playing Scrabble is fun for her and she has found new friends who like to play too. I can't say enough about how the staff pays attention to helping her physically and emotionally to deal with her memory loss, which is very scary for anyone facing the reality of Alzheimer's disease. As mom says, "Trying to remember is like chasing an echo." Thank you for all you do, Linda B. and family

September 09, 2011

By Krehetin

My grandmother stayed at Quaker's Landing Memory Care Community. It was hard because she was already forgetting quite alot when she had to go there. The place is really nice looking. My grandmother was very confused and didn't know why she was there. I found her wandering around trying to figure out how to get out when we got there. I don't understand why someone wasn't helping her. I talked to the staff and found out that she had set off alot of alarms that day. she kept trying to go out the door. It is a memory care facility, you think they would be used to dealing with that sort of thing, but it didn't seem as if the staff was up to it. My uncle told me that she was calling him 20 times a day to ask where she was. I don't know why the staff wasn't helping. We went to her room and it was nice. she shared a room with another resident. It was decorated cute and they had a bathroom in the room. We were there during lunch time, in my grandmother's room. I asked and they told me to wait, that they come for each resident one at a time. They never came for my grandmother. I finally had to ask again to remind someone to take her to the dining room. If I wasn't there, I don't know if she would have ate that day. I was also upset when I heard the medication that the doctor there put her on. It was way too much. They had her on a very powerful medication to sedate her. I think they wanted their residents incapacitated. I don't remember her name now, but there was a staff member that I saw being unfriendly to a resident. I wanted to report her. I didn't get the chance. My grandmother developed some health problems and was no longer eligible to stay there. You can have memory problems, but must be relatively healthy to live there.

May 30, 2011

By Mommy43

Friend or relative of resident

I have volunteered at Nursing Homes for over 6 years and I am fully aware of the conditions that elderly residents, especially residents suffering from Alzheimer's Disease, need to prosper. Mental activity to keep them stimulated is the number one most important things this can range from a simple hi, how ya doing? to a 15-minute conversation with an elderly person who is suffering from memory loss and mental decay. The Quaker Landing Assisted Living Community staff clearly fails to grasp this concept. When visiting their facilities to pay a visit to my Great Aunt I saw absolutely no interaction with residents. The residents were left to huddle together in a silent circle while the few staff members talked among themselves. The residents were constantly treated harshly and impatiently if they were even spoken to at all. The elderly need to be taken care of lovingly; I would definitely not recommend this assisted living community to anyone who cares for their loved one.
See all Memory Care reviews (16) See fewer reviews

Questions about Peregrine Senior Living at Orchard Park

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Relias and Peregrine University training, monthly and quarterly depending on the course.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Daytime: 24 Overnight: 4

What programs or activities does Peregrine Senior Living at Orchard Park offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Daily exercise, bingo, brain games- Let's learn Spanish, Friday Fun Facts, walking club, daily rosary, sing alongs, story telling. Long term memory engagement: photo albums, shadow box, videos, discussion, reminiscing.

medical provider assesses health and cognitive function annually or needed.

What techniques does Peregrine Senior Living at Orchard Park use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Music therapy to relax and help residents engage, Restaurant style dining, cuing if needed.

How does Peregrine Senior Living at Orchard Park keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

ED handles telephone and email communication & scheduled family conferences, in emergent situations someone from care department will contact designated family member.

Costs for Peregrine Senior Living at Orchard Park

Photos of Peregrine Senior Living at Orchard Park

Services and Amenities of Peregrine Senior Living at Orchard Park

• Coffee Shop
  • Features Extra: Library

• Tai Chi

• Minimum Age: None

About Peregrine Senior Living at Orchard Park

At Peregrine Senior Living at Orchard Park, we believe life is precious and worth celebrating every day. That is why we fully embrace The Peregrine Way in our community. What better way to celebrate life than to share new experiences with family and friends, enjoy simple pleasures, and explore new interest in a community that is your home? We specialize in providing a safe, secure and supportive home for your loved ones who suffer with memory loss. Here your apartment will provide you with privacy, dignity, and a loving atmosphere. Taking the lead in the care of our Elders, our focus is on wellness and promoting personal growth. In our Community, we identify and nurture the strengths of our Elders so they can experience the greatest quality of life while maintaining the highest degree of independence possible.

Map of Peregrine Senior Living at Orchard Park