Signature Senior Living

Reviews of Signature Senior Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Signature Senior Living

July 09, 2018

By Winnie

I visited Signature Senior Living. It was awful and very chaotic. The person at the front desk was answering the phone while feeding a patient at the same time. Somebody from the dining room came out and told her that a patient was in distress, but she didn't do anything. It wasn't a clean place and it didn't impress me. I didn't think it was attractive at all.

June 26, 2018

By Susan

Signature Senior Living is a nice-looking community. I saw the dining area, reception area, the rooms, and the recreation areas outside. The rooms they showed me were nice. There were a couple dressers, and the bathroom was clean and coordinated. The staff member that acknowledged me gave me a good tour and didn't keep me waiting for a long time. It looks like they have things to keep the residents busy like entertainment, movie nights, and so on.

July 17, 2017

By Eudene

Signature Senior Living was the best one of all I visited. The people there were extremely clean and seemed to be well cared for. The place and the rooms were clean and very nicely laid out. The location was a bit far from where I live. The bathrooms were clean.

November 01, 2016

By Ruth128524

The ratio of staff to patient was good. The facilities were very nice. They had different types of activities for the residents. They had a very nice dining room. It seemed like a very secure place; it did have security in place. The rooms were very nice.

February 29, 2016

By Naomi10

Signature Senior Living is a very nice place. It is clean and small but the people are very nice. Mom has a private room. They have everything one needs like a hotel. They have a synagogue. They have exercises, movies, and live entertainments on Sundays. They always have something to do the entire day everyday. The facility is Kosher and they have a rabbi on site. They also serve Kosher meals.

November 29, 2015

By Laura116358850

I really didn’t like Signature Senior Living at all; it gave me a very bad feeling. It was a very big, open space, but everyone was facing the TV. The activity room was a small, crowded, linoleum-floored room. Even though it was an activity room, they were all just set up in front of the TV. It wasn’t arranged so people could have a discussion group. There were some perfectly well individuals staying there all huddled outside in this one outdoor space. They could have rearranged their space in a way for people to interact.

October 27, 2015

By Gaspare

Signature Senior Living was quite nice. They didn’t have many amenities, but the dining room was pleasant. The rooms were nice, but small. They have studios and shared room options. The people were very friendly.

October 27, 2015

By Brent6

My mother-in-law has already been placed at Signature Senior Living. They're very friendly and they've got planned activities. The apartments look more like a hotel room. It's not the largest one that we've seen, but it's very nice. They're very accessible, and it's very easy to get a hold of her. The dining room is set up like a cafeteria. She seems to like the place quite a bit. They go to a show or an outdoor event once a month, and at least every day there's a community-involvement event.

February 23, 2015

By Allen5

Signature Senior Living is a good facility, and we love it. The food is OK. The people working here is very nice. My impression of the place is positive. The surrounding is fine. The only negative I have for them is that we have to pay for a full month even though we just came for a couple of weeks. However, I do recommend it.

May 17, 2012

By sbekerman

This is good place for elderly people. The facility is clean, hallways and family rooms are cleaned and well kept. There is enough lighting in hallways. There are roomy, safe elevators with a security person attending it most of the times. The facility is secure enough; elderly can't easily live the place without being noticed. They have nice, spacious entertainment room with comfortable chairs, small separate room with large TV. There is also secure backyard where residents can sit when the weather permits. The place has large dining room. As residents say, the food is good, and enough of it. Stuff is assists as needed. Rooms are spacious, for 1 or 2 people. There are large windows in each room. Also, there is basement section when religious services are hold. They also have nursing station in basement. The only negative comment is there is some smell on the living flours, but, I believe, it is because of the nature of the place.

Costs for Signature Senior Living

Photos of Signature Senior Living

Services and Amenities of Signature Senior Living

• Minimum Age: 55+
  • Pets: No Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: 331-F-022

About Signature Senior Living

Welcome to Signature Senior Living

Located in the heart of Brooklyn, Signature Senior Living (formerly Scharome Manor) is a six-story building overlooking the tree-lined boulevard of Ocean Parkway. Newly renovated and state-the-of-the-art, our expansive residence features beautifully appointed suites, a gourmet Glatt Kosher dining experience, well-outfitted lounges, a lovely patio area and an on-site Synagogue.

Our 6th floor is home to a self-contained, secure Memory Unit, with its own dining, entertainment and special recreation programming.

Our staff of dedicated professionals envelop our residents with loving, attentive care, while simultaneously promoting each resident’s independence and individuality. Assistance with daily living activities is provided based upon need.

Signature Senior Living offers seniors the opportunity to enjoy a vital lifestyle in a luxurious assisted living setting. Step into our gracious lobby enhanced by a baby grand piano and oversized aquarium and you’ll be inspired by our welcoming hotel-like ambiance. Here, residents bask in the warmth of friends and our devoted staff while taking advantage of an array of amenities, stimulating social activities and customized care plans.

Our central location at the corner of Ocean Parkway and Foster Avenue, within walking distance of many neighborhoods, allows you to remain close to those dearest to you.

A Secure Environment for the Memory Impaired

Our 6th floor is a dedicated and secure unit for residents struggling with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia. Staffed by trained health care professionals – including an attending physician, licensed nurse, registered dietitian, case manager, personal care attendants, medication assistants, social worker, psychologist/psychiatrists and therapeutic recreation assistants – this unit is self-contained with its own dining area and specialized recreation program. Our goal is to affirm the dignity, identity and self-esteem of each resident.

Our specialized programming caters to the uniqueness of each resident and features sensory and cognitive activities, reminiscence therapy and failure-free pastimes.

To better understand the disease process of dementia and effectively deliver safe care, our well-educated staff members take part in ongoing comprehensive training program conducted by Dementia Care Professionals.

To ensure our residents’ comfort, we deliver an array of services & amenities including:

• Glatt Kosher Fine Dining
  • Luxurious Private & Semi-Private Rooms
  • 24-Hour Concierge
  • Daily Housekeeping / Weekly Laundry
  • Personal Care Assistance
  • Medication Ordering & Administration
  • Comprehensive On-site Medical Staff including Full-Time Registered Nurse & Physician On Call 24/7
  • On-site Physical, Occupational & Speech Therapy
  • Transportation to & from Medical Appointments*
  • Individualized Care Packages available*
  • Case Management
  • On-site Parking for Families

Thank you for your interest at The Signature Senior Living. Please give us a call to schedule a Free Tour.

Five Star Luxury • First Class Care • Affordably Yours