The Village at Northrise

Reviews of The Village at Northrise

Assisted Living Reviews for The Village at Northrise

September 13, 2016

By Sandra464102

The Village at Northrise - Morningside was too big and too confusing for my dad. I had trouble finding my way around because of the way it was laid out. The rooms were nice, adequate, light, and welcoming. The place was well kept, and they have parts that were under construction. The dining room seemed a little dated in terms of decor. They had rooms on the ground floor with a little patio, but they were not enclosed, with little fences on 3 sides, so people could go in and out easily.

May 21, 2016

By CarolWOJNW

The Village at Northrise – Morningside was very nice. I liked the place. The staff seemed really nice. They took us around and showed us different activities and a one-bedroom with a living room, bathroom, small kitchen, and bathroom. They had a dining room and meals included, exercise and quilting classes, an outdoor swimming pool, and all kinds of activities going on every day. I would recommend it. It had three levels of care: independent, assisted, and nursing home.

May 10, 2016

By Happy Daughter22

My mother has been in The Village at Northrise - Morningside for about five weeks now in a one-bedroom apartment. They had a couple of different rooms available, so we were able to choose a room that we felt was close enough to the elevator and would be easier for her to reach. It’s a large compound wherein they have independent, rehab, and a nursing home. The place is well kept, and we felt that it would be best for her. They bring in local musicians and people to play or sing as entertainment. They also have bingo and movies. My mother is not really happy with the food and says it's OK.

August 31, 2015

The Village at Northrise was acceptable. It was nice, and it was smaller. The marketing person was very nice.

August 30, 2015

My husband was at The Village at Northrise. It was OK. However, they didn't have any private rooms there. The situation of who they are put in the room with can be very distracting, and that's what I hate about it.

July 28, 2014

By Jgt

The food is not good at all. The nurses seem to do a good job and are very caring, but the food quite often is just horrible. I've talked to the local management on three occasions and their response is shallow with no follow up. I can't come close to recommending this facility today. It used to be good but when Genesis bought it the food and their forced recipes were enforced and really the management won't even eat it.

June 19, 2014

I don't really feel the Village at Northrise has much concern for the belongings of the residents. My mother-in-law lost quite a few clothes and diamond rings. There were some people that seemed to care. I talked to one staff member, and she said I couldn't go back to where the laundry was, and there was another one in the same position in a different shift, and she walked me back there and helped me find about 10 pieces of clothes. She still was missing a lot of clothes when we did leave, and I never got them. The cleanliness was OK. She was not in the Alzheimer's side, although she has Alzheimer's. The permanent patients that were there for Alzheimer's, you walked in there and it did stink, while on the temporary side where she was, it didn't stink. The food was not good. I had planned that my sister-in-law and I would go eat lunch with her every day there, but the food was not anything my sister-in-law could eat. We would go eat at the senior center before we would go visit her. I loved working with the physical therapists, and that’s what she was there for. They were really good, very helpful. They were so informative. If she fell again, I’d struggle to decide whether she would be there or not because I did like the physical therapists.

October 29, 2012

By healthcare_provider

Morningside Assisted Living Center provides a spacious, clean, and pleasant atmosphere in Las Cruces, one of the most popular places to retire in the country. The staff is courteous, professional and appear to take a personal interest in all the residents. They have a lot of events ranging from bingo to special speakers. The place is well lit and clean, it doesnt even smell like some of the other assisted living places that smell sterile. The rooms are well designed and spacious. The facilities are located in a quiet part of town, but is still within 10 minutes of Mountain View Regional Medical Center and 15 minutes of Memorial Medical Center. Most Dr. offices are within 15 minutes. Las Cruces is is large enough to have everything you need but still with a small town feeling. A fire department is located across the street providing emergency medical services when needed. Morningside is one of the nicest assisted living places in las cruces, new mexico

September 13, 2011

By Sally2

This is a very spacious friendly assisted living center. While it does cost a good sum, it seem worth it to family members who can afford it and want peace of mind for their loved ones.

Independent Living Reviews for The Village at Northrise

Nursing Home Reviews for The Village at Northrise

Questions about The Village at Northrise

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at The Village at Northrise. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We are currently at 90% capacity on our census for ALF. Ages Range 55-100+ Our Residents love the Activities Director who is motivated and has the compassion for our residents in Assisted Living.

What programs or activities does The Village at Northrise offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Daily Morning Exercise Weekly Entertainment Grocery Shopping Arts & Crafts Outside Excursions

What places are near The Village at Northrise or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Walmart Shopping Center Walgreens

What transportation services does The Village at Northrise offer to assisted living residents?

Van Transportation to and from Medical/Dental appointments Mon - Fri

What makes the chef or dining program at The Village at Northrise exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

A variety of American & Ethnic Foods. Three different Entrees from the daily menu

What safety features or security measures does The Village at Northrise offer to assisted living residents?

Security Gates at the entrance and exit of the campus Front Door Locks in the evenings

How does The Village at Northrise keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Weekly Zoom/Phone Calls to the family

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at The Village at Northrise during daytime and nighttime hours?

1 to 8

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at The Village at Northrise. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

95% Occupancy at ILF 60 - 100+ Outside Excursions

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Walmart Walgreens

What transportation services does The Village at Northrise offer to independent living residents?

Van Transportation to and from Medical/Dental appts Mon - Fri

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Coffee Area for Residents to visit

What safety features or security measures does The Village at Northrise offer to independent living residents?

Front Door Locks in the evenings Security Gates at entrance/exit of campus

If The Village at Northrise accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Small dog/cat under 20lbs for $250 Pet Deposit and shot records from vet

Costs for The Village at Northrise

Photos of The Village at Northrise

Services and Amenities of The Village at Northrise

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites

About The Village at Northrise

The Village at Northrise is a sixteen-acre community providing a wide array of services to the senior community. The Hallmark provides independent living with a few pluses that residents come to appreciate. The Hallmark has 60 individual apartments. We offer studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom floor plans. Rent is month to month and includes all utilities with the exception of phone service. Morningside Senior Living provides private accommodations along with personal care and nursing case management. Desert Willow I provides a 31-bed short term rehabilitation nursing center with a Transitional Care Unit coming soon, while Desert Willow II offers Memory Support.

Amenities

• Scenic views
  • Suburban setting
  • Beauty Salon / Barber Services
  • Cable Television
  • Comfortable common and lounge areas to gather with friends and family
  • Dining Room