10 Assisted Living Facilities in Las Cruces, NM
Also serving communities of Hatch.
The average cost of assisted living in Las Cruces is $3,197 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 40 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Las Cruces. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Las Cruces 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Las Cruces, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Las Cruces
Located just across the New Mexico border from El Paso, Texas, Las Cruces is a fairly small city of 100,000 residents, almost 15 percent of whom are 65 years or older. For older Las Cruces residents needing or desiring assisted living care, the city is home to 10 assisted living facilities. In Las Cruces, as in all of New Mexico, the New Mexico Department of Health regulates assisted living facilities on the state level.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Las Cruces
- The cost of living in Las Cruces is 9 percent lower than the national average. Staple items such as housing, groceries, healthcare and transportation all cost less in Las Cruces than in a typical U.S. city, making it an attractive destination for budget-conscious seniors.
- Transportation options are limited for seniors who are unable to drive. Buses are available to seniors at a discounted rate of only $0.50 per ride, but routes are limited and tend to be focused around NMSU and a few major roads. RoadRunner Transit also offers free van ride services for people age 60 and older, but trips need to be scheduled at least two weeks in advance.
- The climate in Las Cruces is ideal for seniors who like it to be warm and sunny but who also want to experience at least a semblance of a real winter. The city gets almost 300 sunny days per year, with average summer highs well above 90. However, January lows average below 30 in Las Cruces, and the city gets an average of three inches of annual snow.
- Seniors in Las Cruces are required to pay state taxes on Social Security benefits and other retirement income, but depending on their income, they may qualify for a deduction to offset some of those taxes.
- The air quality in Las Cruces is right at the national average. Seniors with asthma and other breathing difficulties can feel as comfortable in Las Cruces as in a typical U.S. city.
- The Las Cruces area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Memorial Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Las Cruces
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New Mexico
Assisted Living costs in Las Cruces start around $3,197 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Las Cruces and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Las Cruces
There are several options that can help you pay for assisted living in Las Cruces. Supplemental Security Income Category G is a federal assistance option, and New Mexico offers Centennial Care, a Medicaid program, to eligible seniors.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New Mexico page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New Mexico page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Las Cruces
Las Cruces and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Las Cruces, please visit our Assisted Living in New Mexico page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Las Cruces
Las Cruces-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New Mexico are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New Mexico page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Las Cruces, NM
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Las Cruces
Review of The Village at Northrise - Morningside
I had an issue with an attendant not taking my mom to the restroom but it was addressed quickly by Ryane and others. They were responsive and attentive after the issue was brought up. Ryane took g... Read more
Review of Good Samaritan Society - La Cruces Village
Good Samaritan Society - Las Cruces Village didn't offer as much. The restaurant and some of their amenities were in a different building and it would've been too far for my mother to walk between ... Read more
Review of Good Samaritan Society - La Cruces Village
Good Samaritan Society La Cruces Village is mostly independent living. And they have a little nursing home that is a separate place from the independent living. It's near Memorial Hospital. The dif... Read more