16 Assisted Living Facilities in El Paso, TX
Also serving communities of Canutillo.
The average cost of assisted living in El Paso is $3,207 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,425.
To help you with your search, browse the 76 reviews below for assisted living facilities in El Paso. On average, consumers rate assisted living in El Paso 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 8 families in El Paso find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in El Paso, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in El Paso
With its sunshine, golf courses, zoos, hayrides, parks and outdoor festivals, El Paso, Texas, is considered one of the top places to retire, so it's no wonder that 72,617 seniors call the city home. For those seniors who might be in need of assistance with daily life activities, El Paso has 17 assisted living facilities. In El Paso and throughout Texas, assisted living facilities are overseen by the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in El Paso
- Texas does not tax private or public pensions, Social Security benefits or retirement savings account income, so seniors in El Paso can make the most of their retirement income.
- The cost of living in El Paso is 87.2, slightly lower than the national average of 100. Seniors may also find that groceries and healthcare and affordable in El Paso.
- El Paso has good air quality. On a scale where 100 represents the areas with the cleanest air, El Paso has a rank of 66, eight points higher than the national average of 58. Seniors with respiratory ailments might find breathing easier in this Texas city.
- The El Paso area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Kindred Hospital and The Hospitals of Providence Transmountain Campus, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- El Paso has a warm, dry climate with July highs of 95 degrees and January lows of 32. With annual rainfalls of only 11 inches and yearly snowfalls of six inches, the city gets 297 sunny days each year, 92 more than the U.S. average of 205. Families might want to ensure that facility rooms have air conditioning to keep seniors cool during the summer months.
- Although most assisted living facilities are secure, seniors and their families may have peace of mind in knowing that El Paso has low crime rates. The city has violent crime rates of 22.1 and property crime rates of 30.6, both lower than the national averages of 22.7 and 35.4, respectively.
Paying for Assisted Living in El Paso
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Texas
Assisted Living costs in El Paso start around $3,207 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in El Paso and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in El Paso
Eligible seniors in El Paso may apply for funding assistance through two government programs: the STAR+PLUS HCBS waiver program, and Supplemental Security Income.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in El Paso
El Paso and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in El Paso, please visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in El Paso
El Paso-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in El Paso, TX
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in El Paso
Review of Royal Estates of El Paso
We toured Royal Estates of El Paso. It's a controlled tour, but I got to meet the chef, and he invited me for lunch. The tables were very nicely set, they had white tablecloths on the tables, and i... Read more
Review of Good Life Assisted Living and Memory Care El Paso
My aunt is in Good Life Assisted Living and Memory Care El Paso. Everything is great and everybody is nice. The manager got her all set up, and they work with the nurse. They are accommodating, and... Read more
Review of Royal Estates of El Paso
Royal Estates of El Paso was big and had independent living and assisted living. They had a lot of activities, and the rooms were really nice and were more like studio apartments. Everything was ve... Read more