Desert Peaks Assisted Living and Memory Care

Desert Peaks Assisted Living and Memory Care (844) 325-8230

Reviews of Desert Peaks Assisted Living and Memory Care

Assisted Living Reviews for Desert Peaks Assisted Living and Memory Care

August 30, 2015

I found Desert Peaks for my husband. I like the location. I like the facility and the personnel. I just like this place. They have a lovely room. I would recommend this place to anybody.

I am so glad you chose Desert Peaks! We are truly a family here, and I am sure you have already experienced that! We are celebrating National Assisted Living Week September 13 - 19, starting with a Luncheon on Sunday the 13th for Grandparents day at noon. I hope you can join us and bring the grandchildren too! We have events all week including our Care Team Appreciation BBQ at noon on Tuesday, a Wine and Cheese Social at 2:pm on Wednesday, and ending the week with Dinner and dancing with the "Oldies and Goodies Band" on Friday, from 4 - 7. Families and friends are always welcome to all of our events and celebrations. I hope to see you at all or some of the celebrations that week! Thanks again for joining our family!

July 31, 2015

Dessert Peaks is a very small place. The rooms are extremely small and not very comfortable as far as I could tell. They have small suites with a little living area, a bedroom, a bath, and a tiny kitchen area where you could mainly make coffee or something like that. They also have Alzheimer's care there. They were in the process of redecorating -- they had just sold to another company -- and my impression was it was not very attractive or very comfortable. The location is very comfortable because it's in a little road with trees, and as you know we are in the dessert here, so the surrounding trees are very pleasant. The managing director was the one who took me around, and she was very nice, but I made the decision that this was not the place I want my husband to be.

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate hearing from you. Yes Desert Peaks is small. We have only 45 units. For those seeking a small, intimate, family environment with a lot of social engagement in the dining room, on the patios, courtyards, porches, and other common areas with friends and families it is a good fit. Our remodel is coming to a conclusion now, including the remodel of some of our 1 bedroom apartments. We have new flooring, new paint, and new parking lot. We also expanded the Mountain Vistas neighborhood providing more specialized programming for those who have Alzheimer's or other cognitive challenges. The Assisted Living Neighborhood has amazing new flooring in the large dining room, which we use as a dance floor and party room when we have our monthly musical events. I am glad you liked our location! It is such a beautiful country setting, with lots of patios and outdoor space. We even have a Desert Tortoise habitat in one of our courtyards, and we all enjoy the natural habitat here. Please free free to stop by if you are in the neighborhood and see the changes, and join us for an event or a meal. We would love to meet you. Thanks again for taking the time to tell us your impressions. We take all feed back to heart.

July 20, 2015

My mom is at Desert Peaks. It seems to be OK. My mom has a room by herself right now until they get some more people. However, I think they would probably need more employees. They do have trips on Tuesdays and Thursdays. They would take them for doctor's appointments. They have a lady that does their hair onsite, but she is only there on Mondays. Also you can go in and spend the whole day with your family member. They play bingo and board games, so I think it is alright. The memory care units are locked, and the other ones are not locked, so there are actually two sides to the facility. The facility is very clean, and everyone has been friendly.

Costs for Desert Peaks Assisted Living and Memory Care

Services and Amenities of Desert Peaks Assisted Living and Memory Care

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Psychiatric Care

• Minimum Age: None

• State Licenses: 1T2075

About Desert Peaks Assisted Living and Memory Care

We are truly a family at Desert Peaks Assisted Living and Memory Care and we warmly welcome you to experience the good people who live and work here. Our team believes if you do the right things, the right things happen. We understand that caring is what makes us human, and we work with passion and joy to create a culture of caring! Our team is guided by goodness, loyalty, faith, and fun. You will notice that this is more than a job for our care team. This is HOME!

We offer a vision of growing older that demonstrates how our elder years can be the best, richest, most meaningful time of our lives. We believe you can begin this adventure whatever your age, physical, or cognitive condition.

Whether you are a Boomer seeking the best for your mom, a senior interested in securing your own future care, or someone who enjoys the companionship and wisdom of elders – you have started in the right place. We invite you to join us for an hour, a day, a week, or longer to experience what Assisted Living and Memory Care Neighborhoods can really be like.

Map of Desert Peaks Assisted Living and Memory Care