Solstice Senior Living at Las Cruces

Solstice Senior Living at Las Cruces (844) 325-8230

Reviews of Solstice Senior Living at Las Cruces

Independent Living Reviews for Solstice Senior Living at Las Cruces

August 31, 2015

My ex-wife has signed up for Golden Mesa. The rooms and apartments are fine. The dining room looks nice. What I like most about it is you can age in place. As your health deteriorates, you can add services. I think it is a very good feature.

July 31, 2015

Golden Mesa is a much larger facility. Very well-run, it seems to me. They had both private separate villas, and then they had rooms inside the main building. I was invited for lunch, and the food was good. It was not outstanding, but I didn't expect it. It was OK, but there again we decided not to make the move.

March 31, 2015

By Virginia41

Golden Mesa was a big facility. We have tried the food and it was nutritious and good. The staff was wonderful. It was just too big. I am afraid she would get lost in there because she is blind. They said that she would not and promised to take care of her. It was a really nice facility, but it was too much. I would recommend this facility though. We have friends living there.

July 29, 2014

We have visited Golden Mesa. The rooms are really pretty and very nice, but it's a little pricey. It's in a beautiful area with a beautiful landscape. They do have activities if the residents want to attend them. It?s got everything you want and if they don?t have, they'll help you find it and do it for you. They are very accommodating.

June 19, 2014

I visited a place called Golden Mesa, and it's delightful because: 1. I could have a pet 2. They had a swimming pool 3. It's in Las Cruces and I have a lots of friends there. I also used to work at the theater department of the university there, and I would be able to work at that placeagain . The staff treated me nicely. It was very clean, and it was more like a homey environment.

June 12, 2013

I visited Golden Mesa for my mother-in-law. It's a very nice facility. It's clean and organized. The people who run the place are very cordial and happy to help. They have studio rooms, one-bedrooms and two-bedrooms unit. They provided three meals a day. Our only concern is that they do not provide assisted living care which my mother-in-law needed at that time.

May 07, 2012

By Long-distance daughter

This is a safe environment for elders in lovely apartment style living - studios, one or two bedroom units and separate villa homes with meals are provided in a large open diningroom - all for one monthly fee. Activities and events are available on a daily basis. In-house salon and therapy is available for an additional fee. They have gone through a steady stream of hosts and personnel, but the current couple are caring and professional. They look out for the residents.

January 27, 2012

By CareGiver8

I have visited and toured the Golden Mesa Retirement Center and have known several past residents. Golden Mesa is a bit different from the other facilities in Las Cruces. While several of the other facilities offer a range of living options, from independent living, to assisted, to nursing care, Golden Mesa only has the independent living option. They are part of a nationwide chain and residents from one location can stay at another when on travel. Golden Mesa's charter is to cater to the more active retirees, those who want to feel like they are on a permanent vacation, with all meals and some activities provided. In fact, the apartments at Golden Mesa don't even have a real kitchen (just sink and mini-fridge), so it would be hard to prepare your own meals even if you wanted to. This kind of facility just doesn't seem to be that great a fit for Las Cruces. That's why I know so many PAST residents. The still-young retirees have other options here, and the halls of Golden Mesa seem to be filled with residents in wheel chairs and walkers, residents who look ready for assisted-living. Management focuses on reducing the vacancy rate with promotions and referral bonuses, but maybe instead they should realize what they are offering is not what most Las Cruces retirees are looking for.

July 28, 2011

My mother-in-law had a stroke 8 months ago and at 92 working hard at recovering. This facility staff did the entire move and room set up, installed the accessibility options needed and went out of their way to welcome her to the community. We have been their many times to visit with her and joined her for meals. The cook is actually a master chef and it really shows. There are plenty of choices brought around by cheerful staff on rolling carts. This is done in courses which allows for a very pleasant dining experience. The other residents are positive and she has made many friends. It makes us happy and eases our hearts when we see her happy. My husband and I would really recommend this facility.

Costs for Solstice Senior Living at Las Cruces

Photos of Solstice Senior Living at Las Cruces

Services and Amenities of Solstice Senior Living at Las Cruces

• Housing Extra: Cottages

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails

About Solstice Senior Living at Las Cruces

Independent living is just that, you live independently enjoying the company of your friends and neighbors while we provide the convenience of restaurant-style dining, housekeeping, laundry, transportation services and much more. We believe you have earned the right to a care-free lifestyle. Let us do the daily chores so you can do the daily fun!

Map of Solstice Senior Living at Las Cruces