Solstice Senior Living at Las Cruces

Offers Independent Living

151 N Roadrunner Pkwy, Las Cruces, NM 88011
Solstice Senior Living at Las Cruces (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 30 days

Up to $4500 in rent incentives in the month of March.

Reviews of Solstice Senior Living at Las Cruces

Independent Living Reviews for Solstice Senior Living at Las Cruces

November 20, 2016

By Gerald021680

I thought the facility was very good, and we were treated very well. There’s a single room, but Golden Mesa didn’t have a washer; it was extended away from the main facility. The food that they prepare was very good, and when we went there, I think they set us up with a couple who has just moved in. They have different classes, and it’s close to my daughter who lives there.

September 13, 2016

By Elva664760

I am living in Golden Mesa. The facility is nice. The amenities are OK. It is a clean community and very well taken care of. They provide all three meals, linens, and transportation, so it is a good facility. Overall, the food is good. The apartment is very nice, very clean, and updated. The staff is excellent.

June 10, 2016

By Hazel540040

I am living in Golden Mesa, and it's very nice. I think it's considered one of the best ones in the country because it's owned by Holiday. First of all, the groundsand the atmosphere are great, and the people that run it are very nice and accommodating. There's very little to complain about. The food is OK. The room is much smaller than what I am accustomed to because my home was very large and the space is very limited. It's average for senior living places.

September 07, 2015

We looked at Golden Mesa, and it was lovely. The apartments were very bright. The cottages were large and pleasant looking. It just didn’t fit us. They don’t have many activities. Many of the residents seemed mobility challenged. It just didn’t seem like an independent living place, but the residents were very warm and nice. It’s just not for us. We have eaten there, and it was rather institutional. The meal times were inflexible.

August 31, 2015

My ex-wife has signed up for Golden Mesa. The rooms and apartments are fine. The dining room looks nice. What I like most about it is you can age in place. As your health deteriorates, you can add services. I think it is a very good feature.

July 31, 2015

Golden Mesa is a much larger facility. Very well-run, it seems to me. They had both private separate villas, and then they had rooms inside the main building. I was invited for lunch, and the food was good. It was not outstanding, but I didn't expect it. It was OK, but there again we decided not to make the move.

March 31, 2015

By Virginia41

Golden Mesa was a big facility. We have tried the food and it was nutritious and good. The staff was wonderful. It was just too big. I am afraid she would get lost in there because she is blind. They said that she would not and promised to take care of her. It was a really nice facility, but it was too much. I would recommend this facility though. We have friends living there.

July 29, 2014

We have visited Golden Mesa. The rooms are really pretty and very nice, but it's a little pricey. It's in a beautiful area with a beautiful landscape. They do have activities if the residents want to attend them. It?s got everything you want and if they don?t have, they'll help you find it and do it for you. They are very accommodating.

June 19, 2014

I visited a place called Golden Mesa, and it's delightful because: 1. I could have a pet 2. They had a swimming pool 3. It's in Las Cruces and I have a lots of friends there. I also used to work at the theater department of the university there, and I would be able to work at that placeagain . The staff treated me nicely. It was very clean, and it was more like a homey environment.

June 12, 2013

I visited Golden Mesa for my mother-in-law. It's a very nice facility. It's clean and organized. The people who run the place are very cordial and happy to help. They have studio rooms, one-bedrooms and two-bedrooms unit. They provided three meals a day. Our only concern is that they do not provide assisted living care which my mother-in-law needed at that time.

May 07, 2012

By Long-distance daughter

This is a safe environment for elders in lovely apartment style living - studios, one or two bedroom units and separate villa homes with meals are provided in a large open diningroom - all for one monthly fee. Activities and events are available on a daily basis. In-house salon and therapy is available for an additional fee. They have gone through a steady stream of hosts and personnel, but the current couple are caring and professional. They look out for the residents.

January 27, 2012

By CareGiver8

I have visited and toured the Golden Mesa Retirement Center and have known several past residents. Golden Mesa is a bit different from the other facilities in Las Cruces. While several of the other facilities offer a range of living options, from independent living, to assisted, to nursing care, Golden Mesa only has the independent living option. They are part of a nationwide chain and residents from one location can stay at another when on travel. Golden Mesa's charter is to cater to the more active retirees, those who want to feel like they are on a permanent vacation, with all meals and some activities provided. In fact, the apartments at Golden Mesa don't even have a real kitchen (just sink and mini-fridge), so it would be hard to prepare your own meals even if you wanted to. This kind of facility just doesn't seem to be that great a fit for Las Cruces. That's why I know so many PAST residents. The still-young retirees have other options here, and the halls of Golden Mesa seem to be filled with residents in wheel chairs and walkers, residents who look ready for assisted-living. Management focuses on reducing the vacancy rate with promotions and referral bonuses, but maybe instead they should realize what they are offering is not what most Las Cruces retirees are looking for.

July 28, 2011

My mother-in-law had a stroke 8 months ago and at 92 working hard at recovering. This facility staff did the entire move and room set up, installed the accessibility options needed and went out of their way to welcome her to the community. We have been their many times to visit with her and joined her for meals. The cook is actually a master chef and it really shows. There are plenty of choices brought around by cheerful staff on rolling carts. This is done in courses which allows for a very pleasant dining experience. The other residents are positive and she has made many friends. It makes us happy and eases our hearts when we see her happy. My husband and I would really recommend this facility.

Costs for Solstice Senior Living at Las Cruces

Photos of Solstice Senior Living at Las Cruces

Services and Amenities of Solstice Senior Living at Las Cruces

• Housing Extra: Cottages

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails

• Get Costs

About Solstice Senior Living at Las Cruces

Independent living is just that, you live independently enjoying the company of your friends and neighbors while we provide the convenience of restaurant-style dining, housekeeping, laundry, transportation services and much more. We believe you have earned the right to a care-free lifestyle. Let us do the daily chores so you can do the daily fun!

Map of Solstice Senior Living at Las Cruces