CareOne at Valley

Reviews of CareOne at Valley

Nursing Home Reviews for CareOne at Valley

June 26, 2014

By Wayne8

My dad stayed at CareOne when he was recovering from his surgery. The staff was very nice. It was a completely different type of setting. It was more like in between a hospital and assisted living. He was in a semi-private room, and the situation depended on who his roommate was. You would never know who you were going to get. He had some roommates who didn't say anything, or some complained that he had his TV too loud. I guess that's part of the territory, but they looked on him constantly, like they should do. They gave him good care, and we had no complaints. He had physical therapy. Everybody was very nice and did a nice job. We never found him not taken care of when we went there. They were doing everything they could do, and I couldn't ask for anything more. While I was there, they would come in to sweep and mop the floor. One of his complaints was that his food was sometimes cold. I asked him why he didn't complain about it, and he said, "No, I don't want to cause any trouble." So I went and talked to the supervisor. I said, "My dad's food came cold, and that's not right." He said, "Oh, that shouldn't be. We'll take care of it." From then on, his food never came cold, they always made sure it came hot. He also liked omelets for breakfast, and they made sure that they brought him an omelet, whether it be cheese or western. He craved omelets almost every day, and he really enjoyed it. Some people won't ask, but all I did was make a phone call and they took care of it. I couldn't complain about that. He was happy there and had good care.

July 31, 2013

By Jasmine5

After surgery, they put my mom is at Caring One at Valley for rehabilitation. The facility is fine. The nurses are wonderful and give attentive care. The rooms are okay. It is five minutes from my home so I can see her every day.

January 06, 2012

By ant

My mother is currently at CareOne (November, 2011) and I am very thankful for the quality of care she is getting. The sad reality of any managed care setting (think: nursing home) is that it's at best, a 50-50 crap shoot, odds that nobody likes when it comes to the care of their elderly parent. At CareOne at Valley, I'd have to say that 80% of the aides and 75% of tne nurses are outstanding. Stand out nurses include Carole, John, Beverly, Gersey, Linda and Denelle (sp?). Aides like Gloria, Sean, Carol, Michelle and many others are wonderful beyond thanks. The director of Social Services, Stefan and the nursing director, Marion, are caring, attentive and excellent with follow-up. Stefan has repeatedly gone above and beyond to make sure my mother's comfort level was optimized, not easy when anxiety is such a large part of her condition. Yes, for a small minority, working at CareOne may be just "a job," but for the majority, helping seniors is their profession and their calling. You can't put a price on peace of mind. CareOne was the best choice possible and provides the best care to my Mom, under very trying circumstances.

Photos of CareOne at Valley

Services and Amenities of CareOne at Valley

• Housing Extra: Private & Shared Rooms

• Minimum Age: None
  • Pets: No Pets Allowed

About CareOne at Valley

care-one.com

Let CareOne help you take the worry out of long-term care. Our knowledgeable specialists can help you and your family navigate all of the care options available. Plus, you and your loved one will be assured of a comfortable, seamless transition to the long-term care environment.

Most important, our staff includes experienced registered nurses, certified nursing assistants, nursing directors and managers who not only provide outstanding care but also treat each resident like a member of their own family.

Our long-term care team includes:

• 24-hour-a-day registered nurses
  • Activity and recreation staff
  • Certified nursing assistants
  • Licensed nutritionists
  • Social services
  • Spiritual support services
  • On-site physician services including internal medicine, podiatry, ophthalmology and dental care

In addition to our outstanding health care programs, our commitment to a personalized delivery of care is supported by a variety of unique services, including our acclaimed fine dining and a range of contemporary recreational activities.

Map of CareOne at Valley