Arbor Terrace Morris Plains

Reviews of Arbor Terrace Morris Plains

Assisted Living Reviews for Arbor Terrace Morris Plains

September 18, 2021

By Sgblick

Care is generally very good to excellent ! Rooms are very nice too. Unfortunately, Food is average at best and a missed opportunity to build community bonds and enjoy a simple pleasure. The food options are too limited and no access to fresh local ingredients.

Hello, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback. Feel free to reach out to us if you need anything. Have a wonderful day.

August 05, 2019

By Dawn

I visited both assisted living and memory care sides of Arbor Terrace Morris Plains. The building facilities were very new and reminded me of a hotel. The rooms were on the smaller side, as well as the dining, and they had assigned seating and two different dinnertimes. The food was pretty good.

November 30, 2017

By Heidi

Arbor Terrace Morris Plains is an absolutely immaculate, attentive, well-run, brand new facility. I know people that have transferred into the facility because the food is so good. Activities depend on what floor you're on and the level of service needed. My mom is on the senior living floor, but they also offer Bridges, which is sort of in-between senior living, and a group of folks on the first floor which is called Evergreen and is for Alzheimer's care. The type of activities my mother does is everything from outings to church, to the theater, to activities internally, everything from word games, to news and events, to cooking activities, to arts and crafts, and exercising. It's really quite nice. The staff knows every resident by name and they're incredibly caring. The only negative is, at the end of a mealtimes, for those that need assistance getting wheeled back to their rooms, there's not enough bodies to move a massive group at the exact same moment. The facility is spectacular. There's nothing I'm unhappy about. It's not cheap, but it is priced correctly. I really like the plans they laid out. I like the facility and I like how they are handling mealtime and the options. Rather than being set with just one or two options, they have a much bigger variety on the menu that they can offer every single day as an alternative to the regular meal and they cater to diet better than the other facilities.

June 12, 2017

By P hill

My. Mother n law was one of the first occupants in the Evergreen Memory Section and it had been the best experience we could have asked for We can not thank the people who have helped us from the beginning and continue to impress us everyday with their job well done The place is beautiful and most importantly the care is fantastic... Kevin, Mary Beth, Christina and Sharon And the hands on aids are all wonderful and we can't thank u enough. We are so happy we chose Arbor Terrace The Hill Family

Memory Care Reviews for Arbor Terrace Morris Plains

Questions about Arbor Terrace Morris Plains

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Monthly training on an on-going basis

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Arbor Terrace Morris Plains. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our community has three neighborhoods which are based on cognitive health. Senior Living - Bridges - Evergreen. Our average age is 87.5. Our engagement program taps into the wide range of our residents interest. We are open to adding your passion to our engagement calendar.

What programs or activities does Arbor Terrace Morris Plains offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Wide range of engagement programs based on resident interests.

What places are near Arbor Terrace Morris Plains or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are right in the heart of Morris Plains. Grocery store , coffee shop, eateries and banks all on our block.

What transportation services does Arbor Terrace Morris Plains offer to assisted living residents?

Medical service 2x per week within a 10 mile distance.

What makes the chef or dining program at Arbor Terrace Morris Plains exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our dining director enjoys incorporating family recipes into our menu. Wide range of choices - daily specials and large everyday specials.

What safety features or security measures does Arbor Terrace Morris Plains offer to assisted living residents?

Key fob locks - Front desk staff 8:00 am to 8:00 pm - Single door entry

How does Arbor Terrace Morris Plains keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Frequent correspondence - monthly Family Forum meetings

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Arbor Terrace Morris Plains during daytime and nighttime hours?

Varies to neighborhood

If Arbor Terrace Morris Plains accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

walking path around building

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

monthly in-service - special dementia training

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

With all of our departments here in the daytime we have about 35-40 people in the building. Overnight we have 6 staff members on duty including an LPN

What safety features or security measures does Arbor Terrace Morris Plains provide to protect residents who wander?

Evergreen is a secured neighborhood

What programs or activities does Arbor Terrace Morris Plains offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Our memory care program is based on the GEMS program. Variety of programs based on the strengths of residents

RN - prior to move-in -- at 30 days -- every 6 months or as needs change

What techniques does Arbor Terrace Morris Plains use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

assistance from resident care aides - hand over hand techniques - Ask us about our Dining with Dignity program

How does Arbor Terrace Morris Plains keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

1:1 calls - family forums

Describe the neighborhood around Arbor Terrace Morris Plains. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Lovely downtown small town feel

Is Arbor Terrace Morris Plains affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

nearby Morristown Medical Center

Costs for Arbor Terrace Morris Plains

Photos of Arbor Terrace Morris Plains

Services and Amenities of Arbor Terrace Morris Plains

• Occupational Therapy

• State Licenses: Pending

About Arbor Terrace Morris Plains

Arbor Terrace is nestled in the heart of Morris Plains, with in walking distance to everything. We offer services for all seniors. If your looking for a fun, relaxing lifestyle with great food and friends then you found the right place. We offer a wide variety of service to meet you where you are!

Some of our many features include:

• Many floor plans to choice from
  • Movie theater