Medford Care Center

Reviews of Medford Care Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Medford Care Center

July 22, 2019

By grandson122

My grandmom was at the Medford Care Center for 5 weeks for a fractured hip. Everyone was so nice. The staff really treat you like family. The room was very clean and the food was excellent. My grandmom is a picky eater and loved the food. The doctors were very attentive. i would recommend Medford Care to anyone who needs rehab or long term care.

July 19, 2019

By ChrissyT1234

I was reading some of the other reviews before placing my dad at Medford Care Center for rehab. I was not impressed but I live in Medford so I wanted to, at least, go and take a tour of the building. The Admission person was very good. She answered all of my questions and was very informative. She gave me a tour of the building and explained the different departments to me. One of the most impressive things to me was that they do not use any temp agency employees. WOW! Can you believe that? All of the people that work there work for the center. My dad has dementia so seeing the same person will help to comfort him. When walking around the building, there were no "funny" smells. It smelled and looked clean. The two bells that were going off were answered quickly. The dining room is big and bright. The employees were friendly throughout the building. While it is a little outdated and not as fancy as some of the other rehab places, I was pleased with the presentation. I decided to send my dad there. We had a couple bumps in the road at the beginning, but each was addressed and rectified. They really want to make things better. I am glad that I gave them a try. I hope that reading the reviews aren't enough to discourage anyone. Go and see for yourself! I'm glad that I did!

June 12, 2019

By Happy 234

This facility is severely under staffed and very run down. Not enough activities. Resident sit in hallway with nothing to do. Crank beds. Staffing on 3-11 and 11-7 very poor. Food is okay. Building run down. Rooms are not very nice. Need to be updated. Some staff are very caring others not so much. If your loved one needs to be fed go in at meal time and make sure it is happening. Wait time for call lights to be answered are very long. No cable tv and internet not great. Cell phone reception not good. My advice: make yourself visible, visit often and voice your concerns so your loved one gets the care they deserve.

January 09, 2019

By jadedoboe

My father paid MCC his entire life savings in return for 8 months of suffering. Most of the staff, particularly the aides, have no empathy for the people who live there, who appear isolated, ignored, and confused. Nursing care was sub-standard- too much time passed before serious conditions my father had were detected, and he often ended up in the hospital. After 2 staff meetings by my request, nothing changed. The food was disgusting, and my father was often given no assistance to help him eat, so he kept losing weight. Grooming was almost non-existent- my father was often unclean, and I had to shave him and cut his nails. He was miserably unhappy there, and it was a blessing when he died. I would never send anyone to MCC.

June 30, 2018

By lilly423

Place smells like urine 24/7. Rooms are run down and rarely cleaned thoroughly. I'm there a lot and see a lot. Personal conversations between nurse and aids are more important than helping a woman yelling for help while on the toilet. If you can't be here everyday, don't put a loved one here. If I could I would remove my loved one, but I can't. Please don't place anyone here, care is subpar. Reception and administrative staff are very nice, but they are not the ones taking care of your loved ones.

April 13, 2017

By Jennifer807026

Medford Care Center is nice inside -- better than the other ones I saw. The room was OK when I first got there because it was just a 2-hour notice before we transferred my friend from the hospital, but now it's starting to look like a room. The staff is OK, but I'm not really sure if they're feeding him like they're supposed to. They told me there was going to be a one-on-one person to feed him, but I don’t see that happening. They should probably improve their staffing ratio because I don’t seem to find a lot of staff available. I see aides but not nurses.

March 19, 2017

By Mitchie996

My mother was in there for 10 days as part of rehab. To begin with the room was filthy, dust bunnies on the floor, hair on the sink and dirty personal belongings left in the drawers from the previous patient! I signed her up for laundry service which was not done once while she was there. No one gave us any instructions when we checked in except to say that she would be assigned shower days. She got one shower the entire time she was there and that was the mandatory shower you take when you get there. Most of the staff was very friendly but as mentioned in previous posts they are short staffed. The doctor assigned to her would not return phone calls, I never even knew her name until we left. I would recommend another place if possible.

March 14, 2017

By flowers456

My Dad was there for Rehab and ended up staying long term. They have made a lot of changes lately. I can honestly say I have not experienced the problems that were posted, when I did my research. The facility was recommended by a friend. I find that I feel part of a family.

February 26, 2017

By yuckyplace

we have to constantly buy more night gowns and underwear. she does not have laundry service so her soiled clothes should be there in a bag to bring home and wash. some thing is missing just about every day. the nurses are nice, and good but waaaaaaay overworked!!! The aids are lazy, sassy, and not caring!!! I wouldn't take my dog there!!!

August 24, 2016

By rucrock

the people that are working for the most part are good. Not enough staff especially on the weekends. have a Parent at this faculty. Don't have enough aids . If I could take care of my parent at home I would but I can't. wish they would get there act together. It is in a great location .. Nice wooded lot nestled in Medford. Very old beds some are crank. No cable tv in this day and age. NOT ENOUGH STAFF!!

August 20, 2015

By kewpie

My mother was admitted to Medford Care Center on the day of the major snow storm that never really happened. The staff was there to welcome her. She went into the facility dependent on oxygen, a peg tube, incontinent and unable to walk after a massive stroke. She left there with many friends, no oxygen, eating and walking with a walker. The nursing staff is excellent. Everyone from the housekeeping staff to administration was top notch. They all took an interest to the care that my mother received. She gained 10 pounds while there and was eating full meals when she left. She was walking with a walker when she left and made lots of friends with the staff! They are the best!

June 07, 2015

By Debbie Lib

I thought this place was horrid. So many people sitting around with no attention whatsoever. They lost my moms clothes three times. We moved her out the other day and when they dropped her off they sent two bags full of stuff. One bag had nothing at all that belonged to her and the other bag had a few tops that belonged to her. No pants at all!!! Disgraceful. We even wrote her name inside in permanent marker. I had to run out for the third time and get her new pants. Her bottom was so sore and red from not being changed and she had a sore on her butt that obviously was never addressed. I could not wait to get her out of Medford Care Center. She automatically looked better after a few hours in the new place. We also asked them to be carful of what they were feeding her because she was gaining soooo much weight. She could hardly move without being short of breath because she's so overweight. At home she loved junk food but I though with supervision she would be eating more well balanced meals. We even asked them if they could get better control on how much she was eating. She has dementia so she really doesn't know the last time she ate. She just eats whatever you put in front of her.

April 29, 2013

By alexanderbeckham

I visited this facility and had a personal tour with someone named Mary. At no time was I ever shown a room with 4 beds. When I went back to see where my loved one would be placed, I was taken to a 4-bed room. I think the advertisement and the person who showed the facility was very deceitful. No way I could trust them with someone I love

July 30, 2012

By srnjks

On a positive note, if I had to rate the cleanliness of this facility I would rate it about a 4. However, I didn't feel that my relative received the quality of care she deserved. The center was overwhelmed with patients and way under staffed. During my presence, I watched my relative hit the nurse's button on plenty of occasions and it took a very long time for someone to respond to her call. When the nurse or nurse's aid did respond they would apologize and state that they were in charge of 18 other patients. In addition, I felt that the food menu could have been healthier then what it was. For instance, one evening my relative was served a processed cordon bleu chicken breast that was loaded with sodium even though she had hypertension and shouldn't have that amount of sodium part of one meal.

Services and Amenities of Medford Care Center

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 07/01/2020

About Medford Care Center

Medford Care Center is a senior living provider in Medford, New Jersey that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Medford Care Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Medford Care Center