The Chelsea at Manalapan

Reviews of The Chelsea at Manalapan

Assisted Living Reviews for The Chelsea at Manalapan

December 26, 2013

By Dorothy34

My mom has been in The Chelsea since September. Just the entire environment there I found to be very warm, cheerful and friendly. It's a community there, maybe 62 or 63 residents. The staff is very attentive, very warm, friendly and it's a family environment. Everybody knows each other and the staff knows everybody's name, they know every family member by name. When you walk in, they say hello and they call you by name. It's a very warm, caring, supportive environment and everyone seems very happy there. I liked the studio apartment that was available very much and the location, I have two cousins that live nearby. The dementia had progressed and she wasn't doing well and she's a new woman there. She's happy, she's participating in activities. They have a nice schedule of activities going on every day both in the facility and trips out. They have an exercise class in the morning several days a week. They have a walking club but in this weather stays mostly indoors. They play casino, bingo, Scrabble and movies, they have discussion groups. I can't say enough about it. My mother is very happy there and I'm completely thrilled with them.

July 23, 2012

By Jorb82

I was quite impressed with the facilities. The housing seemed to be quite nice. Attendants were very kind and always helpful. My family member was very pleased with the living conditions there, however was uncomfortable with the atmosphere of an assisted living home. I do not believe this to be any fault of the company itself, but simply the fact that she was not used to an environment with many other people in it. The grounds were well kept, and I was always impressed with the location.

Questions about The Chelsea at Manalapan

What programs or activities does The Chelsea at Manalapan offer to enrich residents' well-being?

At The Chelsea at Manalapan, we offer The Chelsea Lifestyle Enrichment Program designed to promote quality of life. Activities include Wellness Wednesdays with our Nurse and Spice it Up presentations with our Chef.

What places are near The Chelsea at Manalapan or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Our Community is centrally located in the heart of Monmouth County. There are several restaurants and markets nearby which make it convenient for families when visiting.

What transportation services does The Chelsea at Manalapan offer to assisted living residents?

A Chelsea Van is on-site for trips, and in addition, we can take Residents to doctor appointments in the area.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Chelsea at Manalapan exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

The Chelsea at Manalapan offers Specials to select from during lunch and dinner which change seasonally in addition to Always Available options. We also have a delicious dessert menu including pies, ice cream and so many other sweet treats!

What safety features or security measures does The Chelsea at Manalapan offer to assisted living residents?

Concierge is available from 8am to 8pm. After this time, the doors lock and the building is secure.

Costs for The Chelsea at Manalapan

Photos of The Chelsea at Manalapan

Services and Amenities of The Chelsea at Manalapan

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites

• State Licenses: 05MOOY

About The Chelsea at Manalapan

Located in Manalapan, New Jersey, offers the very best of town and country assisted living.

Located in the beautiful town of Manalapan, Monmouth County, fine shopping and dining are literally at our front door, surrounded by beautiful views of peaceful countryside and farmland. Step outside and relax under our covered porch in a comfortable rocking chair while taking in the scenery.

Features & Amenities

• 24-hour professional trained staff
  • Full-time registered nurse (RN)
  • Health and wellness program
  • Daily scheduled activities
  • Scheduled transportation to shopping, local attractions, events, and more
  • 24-hour emergency response system
  • On-site physical, occupational and speech therapy
  • Weekly housekeeping
  • Linen and laundry service
  • Restaurant-style dining room with delicious, nutritious menu choices
  • Private dining room for family meals and special events
  • Daily cocktail hour
  • Sun room
  • Covered Patio
  • Beautiful great room
  • Activities room
  • Beauty/barber salon
  • Specialized 4-hour care for those with memory care needs

We offer a small, home-like atmosphere. Because of this we are able to offer the best in person-centered care.

Map of The Chelsea at Manalapan