Brookdale Inver Grove Heights

Reviews of Brookdale Inver Grove Heights

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Inver Grove Heights

November 28, 2014

By Julie46

I was told by the other assisted living that my sister was living in, that she would need skilled nursing. But the level of acuity is so high here at Sterling House that she can live here in a home setting and still receive heavy nursing care.

November 28, 2014

By John102307250

I am looking for future assisted living options for my wife and possibly myself, and I know that from what I've seen here at Sterling House, this is a place for us. The care staff is above and beyond.

July 07, 2014

By Caringrealitive123

Horrible. My great-grandfather has lived here for about 2 years and every day since has been horrible for him. It all started when he got in a car accident and his wife was killed. He's been in a downward spiral ever since. The room is just the right size for him but the carpet reaks of a strong urine odor and is very gross. The workers are incompetent and don't seem to care about the residents. They have meetings with the residents once a month to discuss some issues that they would like to have fixed and the workers don't seem to fix the problems. The food is horrible. The residents don't like the food and there is no fresh fruit for them to eat either. There is no sense of empathy for the residents and what they have been through or what they care about. At night there needs to be a lot more help. With only 2 people on staff it takes a long time to get 19 residents ready for bed and I understand that but we waited 2 hours for a worker to come in and I had to get her after we pulled the cord and she was sitting on her phone. Some of the workers are very rough with the residents and they get bruising from being yanked. Overall I would not recommend putting your realitives in this home.

December 16, 2013

By Nancy74956550

My father is a current resident of Sterling House of Inver Grove Heights. It is a facility that is owned by Brookdale. We're really pleased with this place. What we really like is that there are only 19 residents there, so my father gets a lot of individual care. I've worked in long-term care for 27 years so I really wanted to find him something with smaller amounts of residents, so this place is working out very well for us. I ask my father every week how he likes it, he says it's okay, it is not home but it is okay. So that's a good thing. His room is just a typical room with a bathroom, a small refrigerator and a separate sink. It is small but it works for him. Another thing I like about Sterling House is that my father knows people there. There is a neighbor that lives there and another person there that he worked with, so there's nice socialization for him.

Questions about Brookdale Inver Grove Heights

What programs or activities does Brookdale Inver Grove Heights offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We know that every resident has unique dreams and passions that continue to grow throughout life. That is why we work to create a place that goes well beyond physical support-to a socially connected community with opportunities to challenge the mind, lift the spirits, revitalize purpose and nurture the heart. We call this Optimum Life and believe it provides the ultimate in senior health & wellness. And, everyone can live one-regardless of challenges that may come with age. Our award winning, evidence-based programs provide a customized, integrated pallet of opportunities designed to support the pursuit of living well. At its foundation is the ability to maximize functional abilities. Our Brookdale B-Fit exercise program is designed with that as the goal. This cutting edge program encompasses the latest research & guidelines for seniors to provide a fun, holistic and stimulating exercise experience that we customize to accommodate the needs and challenges of each resident’s abilities.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Inver Grove Heights exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

A great meal is one of life’s simple pleasures. At Brookdale, we believe dining well is part of living well. You'll enjoy restaurant-style dining with chef-prepared meals in an elegant dining room. Each day features a three course meal with an appetizer, main course and dessert, along with a variety of menu options that changes daily. Brookdale's Culinary Arts Institute is a professional development program designed to enhance the food preparation and presentation skills of our dining and culinary arts team at our senior living facilities. To encourage socialization regardless of our seniors abilities, we support the needs of the residents through the assignment of resident care assistants if needed.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Inver Grove Heights offer to assisted living residents?

Brookdale Inver Grove Heights has 24/7 care associates to ensure there is always someone available when you need them. There is also a safety pull cord in every room of the apartment and each resident has a pendant that serves as a medical alert system.

How does Brookdale Inver Grove Heights keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We hold regularly scheduled care conferences to verify that the resident is receiving the care and services they want and need. Our community leadership team coordinates individualized wellness needs in collaboration with the residents additional care providers.

If Brookdale Inver Grove Heights accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We absolutely love to accommodate our residents furry family members and have services available to support their care needs as well. We have ample outdoor areas right outside our front door and a large area in the back yard.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our staff is very involved in the day-to-day lives of our residents, with the aim of providing an enriching and caring experience for them. Each member of our staff is always willing to go above and beyond for residents. For our associates, this opportunity to serve others is more than a job — it’s a passion. Our staff is extremely well-trained and highly-experienced, ensuring that they are able to properly care for your loved one. All new Brookdale associates complete the Associate Foundations orientation program prior to working with residents, which includes between 10 and 25 hours of training. Our associates also continue their education throughout the year, as they participate in monthly annual in-service trainings.

Photos of Brookdale Inver Grove Heights

• Pets: Yes

Types of care

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

About Brookdale Inver Grove Heights

Brookdale Inver Grove Heights provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

We are a one level, ranch style community: no stairs or elevators. We are very homey and have a dedicated, trained staff to care for your loved one. We offer on site physician visits, OT/PT, speech therapies on site along with Vision, Hearing and Podiatry.

Map of Brookdale Inver Grove Heights