Grace Homes Hopkins, MN

Assisted Living Reviews for Grace Homes

July 24, 2013

By buffer1

Other

The staff was always short staffed. Seemed nursing was never there.. The owner was very in-personable.

Dear buffer,

Thank you for your feedback. Sorry to read you feel Grace Homes is at times short staffed. Our staffing ratio of one Certified Nursing Assistant per 3-4 residents during awake hours allows our staff to provide patient, personalized care.

September 27, 2012

By Diana5

Initially it was kind of an emergency situation as far as placement goes. They were so willing to go above and beyond. My grandpa was in a hospital. When he was being discharged, they offered to pick him up from there and bring him to their home. I just think that was above and beyond. They suit the perfect needs for my grandpa. Grace Homes does a lot of organic cooking. All the meals are home cooked. That's another bonus from that facility. He has a private room by himself. It's just a bedroom but it's very cozy and warm. It's really nice. He's happy there but of course he'd rather be in his own home but that's not an option with his dementia. He needs 24-hour care. I think that it's definitely the second best if you can't be in your own home. The staff is wonderful. They're just loving and caring.

September 12, 2012

By Carol13

We chose Grace Homes because it's a residential home in a nice setup instead of a nursing home. The ratio between staff to patients is better. I like the homey environment. It's very clean,sunny and odor free. The community in general is friendly and family oriented. It's a very much personalized care. They have their own room and they can bring things from home. She is in a single room in a house like a one floor living. The food is excellent. They serve organic and homemade meals and nothing with preservatives. She's very happy there. I feel like that they have a team effort in trying to coordinate care. They have very open communication and I feel very comfortable to discuss with them how things are going with my mother-in-law.

December 23, 2011

By Mary1945

The house smelled wonderful - the residents were helping the staff to bake - inside the house is sunny and bright, the bedrooms were larger than I had seen at other facilities. All the bedrooms on the main level of the home which seemed to make it easy for the elderly to get around the house

Costs for Grace Homes

• Low Fat
  • Vegetarian

• Pets: All Pets Allowed

• About Grace Homes

Nine bed memory care home for seniors with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia. Our rambler home is set on an acre lot nestled in a quiet residential neighborhood surrounded by mature pine trees.

We offer 24/7 care provided by health care professionals and support staff who are specially trained to manage the unique needs of residents living with memory loss and cognitive decline.

We focus on providing a safe, familiar and stimulating family home environment.

We believe activities that revolve around the daily jobs and duties that one would do at home can enrich each resident’s quality of life.

We gently encourage residents to participate in their own personal care, as well as help the staff bake, garden and plan celebrations.

Couples Suite currently available