Presbyterian Homes of Bloomington

Reviews of Presbyterian Homes of Bloomington

Assisted Living Reviews for Presbyterian Homes of Bloomington

March 21, 2018

By ForeverGrateful

My parents enjoyed living in a beautiful independent living apartment for almost 10 years, ate at their dining room nightly and often bought lunch from the bistro. There are movies shown Friday night and Saturday afternoon, many activities, a bank, store, exercise facility with a pool, movie theater, pool table, outside areas, guest rooms, and best of all ... lots of friends. Mom had parkinson's and eventually went to the long term care facility. Everything is in 1 building so dad could walk to see mom several times a day! Then Dad got cancer and was in the rehab area several times and finally joined mom in long term care. At the end, the hospise nurses marvelled at the care here as they traveled the facilities in the metro area!! The staff is incredibly patient, kind, loving and optimistic in each area. They have weekly chapel services and they are on the cable channel if you can not attend. You can move in here knowing there is not any illness in your future that they can not handle! We will forever by grateful for this wonderful place!

November 08, 2017

By Rita

Gideon Pond was fine. They gave me a list of activities, and they had plenty. They had exercise rooms, woodshop, cards, chat rooms, religious services, and movies. I think I placed my name on the list.

May 27, 2017

By joyce218757

Presbyterian Homes of Bloomington had a lot of amenities. The apartments were on the smaller side, but the place was bright and airy. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. They had a large, open area; a library; a movie room; an exercise room; and a little café.

April 19, 2017

By Robert316340

I visited Presbyterian Homes of Bloomington. The staff was very nice, excellent, helpful, courteous, and polite. The rooms were clean, well appointed, well painted, taken care of, had good maintenance, and very enjoyable.

July 20, 2016

By Barbara278660

Presbyterian Homes of Bloomington is a very nice facility, but for us, it is too expensive. Actually, when we toured facilities, we decided that what was really great for my mom was independent living with supportive available, so we changed from going to assisted living to independent with supportive care. The staff at Presbyterian Homes of Bloomington is excellent. The rooms are very good. The facilities are very nice. The dining area, the common areas, the library, and the chapel, those kind of facilities are all very beautiful and very nice.

July 09, 2016

By Visitor728867

We went to Presbyterian Homes of Bloomington. They’re excellent. We talked about what they had to offer, but we did not tour any rooms. The dining area was big. We saw some activities.

October 28, 2015

I looked at Gideon Pond Terrace. Their room was an average room, but the kitchen did not have garbage disposal or microwave. Gideon Pond Terrace seemed to be friendly, but nothing really stood out that I remember. It wasn't anywhere like the other facility.

August 20, 2015

By Caring112048450

I had broken some ribs in December and was in Presbyterian Homes in January. It was wonderful actually and was very nice. I was in the rehab center, and there were five different areas located in the actual place -- one for non-assisted living, one for assisted living, two of them for rehab, and one was for dementia. I didn't get to see a whole lot of it because I was in bed most of the time except for when I was in physical therapy. I thought it was very clean, there was nice physical therapy for what I needed, they had good meals and good access to the things that you needed, and the rooms were quite nice. I did pay extra for a private room because I don't believe that it is easy to recover from anything in a double room. They were on top of my medications and obviously understood what I needed as far as I was concerned.

March 29, 2014

By Rick18

Presbyterian Homes was a massive community. It was very big. They had all levels of care, from independent through nursing home. They also had a lot of staff. Everybody was very pleasant, but the place was very big, so I'm not too sure you would get the individual care that you need. There were plenty of activities. There appeared to be plenty of programs for people to participate in. Also, their rooms were a very good size.

November 22, 2013

My dad has only been at Presbyterian Homes for a couple of weeks. He has a stove, microwave and toaster in his room to fix breakfast and have snacks there. He does that on occasion. They have better facilities for fitness. The facilities are more to his liking and the other residents there can engage in more stimulating conversation with him. I don't think that he really has any complaints. If he doesn't like what's on the menu for the day, he can go down a different cafeteria which is kind of a la carte and order what he wants. He likes to have that option. The staff is good. He likes the new place now. It seems to be a better fit for him.

June 26, 2013

By caring0390

It is an old building, but it has a pool. It does not have all the facilities nearby like church and shopping.

November 06, 2012

By mpls

It's a beautiful building. The staff are trained well. The facility offers many activities for the residents to help keep them engaged.

August 20, 2012

By upset1

My parents and I got to see the facility due to the fact my mom was there for care from the hospital. My mom has ALS and they were thinking of moving there. After eatting the food, talking to the staff, and the people I and my parents decided this is one of the worst places to live. It was fility. The person who should us an apt said when we walked in just pull the shades down and you won't see the garbge cans. Also my mom being in a wheelchair could not move around. It was nasty. I would not recommond this place to anyone.

May 14, 2012

By REALTOR

This is a first class facility, connected to a church and YMCA, with a strong base of volunteers working in concert with a very professional and upbeat staff. Resident, visitors, family and others always feel welcome and comfortable. A great place to live, work, visit, enjoy.

Independent Living Reviews for Presbyterian Homes of Bloomington

Nursing Home Reviews for Presbyterian Homes of Bloomington

May 18, 2011

By slclynn

Visited this facility

Presbyterian homes and Services are also known as PHS. The facility is very clean. In fact it is one of the most immaculate assisted living facilities that I have been in when I professionally provided services to the residents there. The facility provides both skilled nursing and personal care assistance. The staff is very friendly and professional and the residents that I visited there reported that they felt the staff treated them well, with respect. Presbyterian serves individuals with Alzheimer's disease and addresses residents who are at all levels of functioning including those requiring minimal assistance for mobility, and those who are highly dependent for their physical and mental needs. The facility provides onsite physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech as well as recreational therapies. The organization provides skilled nursing and personal care services. Presbyterian Homes and Services offers long term residential, short term, and respite care in a setting that has comfortable furniture and décor. For those who want more privacy, private rooms are available.

About Presbyterian Homes of Bloomington

Presbyterian Homes of Bloomington is a senior living provider in Bloomington, Minnesota that offers residents Assisted Living, Assisted Living, Independent Living, and Nursing Homes. Contact Presbyterian Homes of Bloomington for more details on services and rates.

Map of Presbyterian Homes of Bloomington