Maryhaven Southgate, MI

Reviews of Maryhaven

Independent Living Reviews for Maryhaven

March 07, 2020

By J.G.

I went to Maryhaven. They were asking way too much than what was stated, the rooms were more like studio apartments, and it looks more like a hotel, than anything else. The people were just sitting around, and not doing much, or anything.

December 23, 2019

By Sherri

My father has moved into Maryhaven. It is a good place, and I don't have any complaints as of yet. Upkeep has been good, and it's very clean. The staff is wonderful, too. There are many different activities. The dining room is very nice. The residents sit down, someone comes up to them and asks them what they would like, and they bring it to them. The dinner I had was very good. They have field trips, arts and crafts, Bingo, and trips to the grocery store.

August 18, 2019

By D.B.

I chose Maryhaven. The room is a studio, so it's small, but that's all I can afford. I signed the lease on a Saturday, and on Sunday they moved my furniture in. The staff was very pleasant. They clean and they serve meals three meals a day. They have bingo, they take the residents on trips, and they have shuttles that go to the grocery store. It's not a new community.

Dear D.B., Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments about Maryhaven. We are so happy that we can offer affordable housing options that include three meals, housekeeping, transportation, utilities and activities. We value our residents and are dedicated to your continued comfort and happiness. Warm Regards, Maryhaven Staff

March 06, 2019

By Melissa

I toured Maryhaven, but it wasn’t right for my aunt. It was decent. The room was very small and claustrophobic. The staff was friendly.

Thank you for your feedback, Melissa. Maryhaven offers Affordable Housing for seniors, starting at just over $900 per month for a studio, including 3 daily meals, utilities, housekeeping, activities and transportation. While the studio apartment may have felt on the smaller side, there is incredible value for the price! We do offer larger apartments that may have been a little higher than what your aunt was looking to spend, but those do afford at least double the space of a studio apartment. We also offer several common spaces for socializing and group activities, so those definitely serve as an extension of our residents' living space. I hope that your aunt has found something that is comfortable for her. We appreciate your consideration of Maryhaven, and we wish you and your family the best!

Costs for Maryhaven

• Check

About Maryhaven

All-Inclusive Rent
Independent Living Starting At: $981/month

At Maryhaven, you'll enjoy all-inclusive amenities at an amazing value.

Proudly serving Downriver Seniors for 35 years!

We'll take care of the maintenance, cooking, social events and more, so you can stretch your budget even further. Need supportive services -- we have partnered for that. We've thought of everything. At Maryhaven, you'll gain lasting memories, fellowship and friendship which are priceless.

Here are some of the features that make life at Maryhaven a delight:

• A full activities program based on resident interests
  • An elegant dining room with three nutritious Chef-prepared meals daily
  • Emergency medical alert pendant
  • Comfortable lounges for use at your leisure
  • Beauty and barber shop
  • Availability of visiting physicians, nurse wellness programs, physical therapy, podiatry and home care
  • Beautiful outdoor courtyard
  • Every apartment has its own private entrance

All Maryhaven Independent Living apartments come with a long list of features, such as:

• Individual climate control
  • Wall-to-wall carpeting
  • Window treatments throughout
  • Refrigerator
  • Complete maintenance services
  • Safety devices, including a smoke detection system and lavatory safety bars
  • Air conditioning