Countryside Retirement Community Jackson, MI

Reviews of Countryside Retirement Community

Assisted Living Reviews for Countryside Retirement Community

May 15, 2018

By Deb

John Ganton's Countryside is great. It's a happy place and they have great workers there. I would definitely recommend it. There are a lot of activities for my mother-in-law to do to keep her busy, like adult coloring books. They have at least one or two things going every day. She's there for independent living for now. The dining room is excellent. I haven't met anybody there that hasn't been smiling. They're very pleasant to her. There are four separate villas at this place, but she can go to each and every one of them through a bus that they have on campus if she wants to do a different activity. The community is a little bit more down to earth.

June 18, 2016

By Robert351528

John Ganton’s Countryside Care Center had a little bit of everything to offer to everyone, whether they'd be living in a single home unit or in the several different buildings on-site, like music and transportation to shopping and entertainment in the evening. The staff was extremely courteous and friendly. They provided an area for people to plant flowers or vegetables.

October 12, 2012

By supersquash44

I thought the facilities were nice and communal. There was a lot of interaction between the residents. This was nice to see considering the social nature of my grand mother. When we would go to visit she always seemed dignified and in good spirits. It was almost like she felt at home there. You could always tell that she did not quite feel comfortable because the nurse would come over with medication and would simply enter and take care of business as opposed to knocking and treating her with any kind of privacy. As social as grandmother was, she also valued her privacy. This lack of privacy caused her to remain on edge and nervous until she finally ended up at the hospital where she passed away. When she was interacting with the other people, it was not over silly games or puzzles which were in great abundance. It was just around a dinner table or just in a circle where the old ladies would talk and talk. My grandmother retained her mind for the most part during this time and she really appreciated the processional nature of the staff working here. There was never a time when she complained about any of them.

July 10, 2012

By docscanlon

While attending game day I was able to observe a very friendly staff. They were friendly to me and their tenants. The facility was fairly new but well kept. There were plenty of seating for guests and the tenants. I viewed a couple of the rooms and they seemed well kept. They both had nice looking beds and it appeared that each room has a TV and their own bathroom. I was impressed with the amount of flowers and the selection of the decor. There were special days planned for the tenant such as game day and family day. I was able to have lunch there as well. The food was pretty good and there was a nice selection for the tenants. I have only attended one of the game days, but I am planning to attend more. Overall I was impressed with the retirement home and would feel comfortable with having family staying there.

Costs for Countryside Retirement Community

Photos of Countryside Retirement Community

Services and Amenities of Countryside Retirement Community

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites.
  • Housing Extra: Cottages

• Nurse On Staff: Onsite 24/7

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed.

• State Licenses: AH380381401

About Countryside Retirement Community

One Campus, One Community, all located on Robinson Road in Jackson, MI

Nestled on more than 100 acres, Countryside is the most comprehensive adult-living campus in Michigan. Here, we provide exceptional housing for all stages of adult life, making it easy for community members to stay in an environment they know and love as their needs change. Recently rated the best in Michigan in senior service, Countryside is a remarkable place to call home.

Countryside is beautiful, convenient and fun! Both inside and out, Countryside provides exceptional features and amenities custom-tailored to the unique needs of our adult community members. This includes; beautiful and spacious living areas, peaceful lounges and elegant dining rooms – all of which are wheelchair accessible. This environment is further enriched by a fitness center, library with computers and internet access, beauty and barber shops, on-site medical care and pharmacy, and much more. We also offer an exciting range of stimulating social events and excursions to add to the fun.

Outside, our campus is just as enriching. Residents can picnic next to our outdoor waterfall, wander along beautiful walking paths or relax in the serenity of our memorial garden and courtyards. This picturesque environment promotes an active, healthy lifestyle, making it easy for residents to enjoy the outdoors…and life.

With Independent, Independent Plus, Assisted Living, Memory Care, Rehab and Skilled Nursing, our campus covers all needs.

We pride ourselves in offering every option in retirement living. We have been family owned and operated since 1968.

Map of Countryside Retirement Community