Potomac Valley Nsg & Wellness

Reviews of Potomac Valley Nsg & Wellness

Nursing Home Reviews for Potomac Valley Nsg & Wellness

December 04, 2016

By Native Wildflowers

We also had difficulties with the doctor not speaking directly with us. Unacceptable. I would not recommend this place.

October 24, 2016

By CaringMember

I would NOT recommend this facility at all. We had a loved one in this facility for months that they promised to care for and help address their special needs. They insisted they had the skills but the resident only got worse. The staff would not allow us to speak with the attending doctor who was only talking to facility staff. They insisted they would address the needs. They would not even address regular care such as clipping of fingernails. We had to point this out to the staff. When we decided to move on to another facility, they resisted and did not help, they told us other facilities would not take him. In fact, other facilities did take him and were able to do in a few short weeks what PV could not do in months, at our cost. They insisted on additional aids at our expense because they could not treat the resident adequately. They did not attend properly to submission on insurance claims which we needed to correct and manage. Look elsewhere if you caress your loved ones care.

October 05, 2016

By Tess128870

My brother spent at least 10 or 13 days at Potomac Valley, and he regretted it thoroughly. The rooms were like hospital rooms -- small and old, antiquated. We attended a few activities, but I was not happy with the treatment unfortunately. The food was well-balanced; I have to give them that. The portions were good, and it was healthy and nutritious. The dining area was less than desirable. My brother was place in a hallway with a lot of dementia patients who screamed a lot, and he was very sensitive to noise having had a brain aneurysm. Not a lot of accommodations were made to make him comfortable.

December 25, 2015

By Naseem

The worst rehab in the Maryland . After the experience of village at Rockville the Potomac valley is the place I will not send my dog . This place has the worst care and whole place is do dirty and sticks . It is a pathetic place and authority should close this facility . My husband fell in front of the nurse and the second day was hit by the Ivy machines . Most horrible place to take your loved one !

April 22, 2015

By peachdax

Short of staff.: Especially in the evening and weekend resident can wait in the room for ever after push nurse call button. Also some staff can be very rude. Communication also a problem. The different shift worker or different frequently not aware of new changes of patient's need. ie Resident medication dosage changed, the nurse was not aware, the medication envelop still provide the old dosage. Lack of team work Worker refuse to provide the simple request by the resident, resident has to wait until the designate nurse available to help the resident Website stated "Rehabilitative services are available six days per week" Rehabilitative worker maybe in the office but will not provide service, only therapist to provide the service. Some therapist work only part time and do not have enough time to provide services to residents. Have good entertaining programs.

December 11, 2014

By Sco

Awful! My mom is currently on oxygen and uses a walker. They expected her to push the oxygen machine and use the walker while going to the bathroom. Impossible!!. I noticed seniors sitting in the dining room sleeping while staff talked among themselves ignoring their care. My mom wasn't even on the right amount of oxygen. She is usually on 6 liters and they had her on 2!!! The staff mentioned to me that they hadn't have a chance to review her records. Seriously don't you read the patients records before you transport them to your facility. Don't be fooled by the high star rating.

June 20, 2013

By disgusted person

This place needs to be shut down asap!!!!!!! The up keep of the place is terrible paint chipping,bathrooms are disgusting,bugs,the staff is terrible they leave the resdients in the main dinning area at night in there bed in front of the tv.they are never friendly to anyone.there is no attention to the residents at all i wouldnt send my dog here.at night the staff is in the hall way loud talking and laughing how do u expect the residents to rest

February 22, 2013

Potomac Valley offer the level of care that my mother needed. She's been there for about two months now. The staff seems to be very caring and they seem to be able to handle Alzheimer's patients in a way that they need to be. They do offer activities for the residents. We like the way that they're handling the patients.

January 08, 2013

By horrorshow witness still in shock

Stay away, A third-world lack of communication, miscommunication center, run pretty much by a dominant culture. This brings misunderstanding, misrepresentation in speech received and given. IMPOSSIBLE TO GET TO TALK WITH NURSES, AIDES, ESPECIALLY, MISCOMMUNICATION AND LACK OF ASSISTANCE FROM HEAD OF NURSING. AIDES DISTANT AND DISRESPECTFUL, MAIN FOCUS OF NURSING STAFF IS PILL PREP AND ADMINISTERING, THEY HAVE NO TIME FOR SPECIAL ATTENTION IF NEEDED, IF IT'S TIME FOR THE AIDES TO LEAVE, THEY IGNORE NEEDS FOR BATHROOM ETC, TO THE NEXT SHIFT. THAT'S ONLY AN ATOM OF WHAT'S NOT RIGHT. IF THE FAMILY MEMBER HAS ALZHEIMERS, YOU MIGHT RECONSIDER, A FOCUS OF THEIRS. AIDES HAVE TWO JOBS AND COME IN TIRED, IRRITABLE, DISRESPECTFUL, UNAPPROACHABLE, AND POSSIBLY CARING ILLNESSES AT TIMES FROM PREVIOUS JOBS AT OTHER FACILITIES. My review is not only poor, but "HORRENDOUS"

Services and Amenities of Potomac Valley Nsg & Wellness

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Limited Liability Company
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Potomac Valley Nsg & Wellness

Potomac Valley Nsg & Wellness is a senior living provider in Rockville, Maryland that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Potomac Valley Nsg & Wellness for more details on services and rates.

Map of Potomac Valley Nsg & Wellness