Morningside House of Laurel

Morningside House of Laurel (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Morningside House of Laurel

Assisted Living Reviews for Morningside House of Laurel

January 28, 2015

I moved my mother to a place called Morningside House of Laurel. Everything is going well. My mother has dementia, and they are managing her health and so forth. They are taking care of her physically, and they are encouraging her to participate in activities. I am confident that she is safe and that she is being cared for. The staff seems to be very dedicated. She is in the assisted living facility, and she is in a private room. It is a large studio apartment with a bed, a place for a living room, and a big bathroom with a safe shower, and she has no kitchen because she is really not safe with a stove. For someone with moderate dementia who is managing to take care of herself in some ways and not in other ways, it is quite suitable. They had a nature talk the other day that she actually enjoys. They do bingo, and they have an activities director who comes in and evaluates her. They started her with physical therapy. They also have current events forum and a walkers club. The food is quite good, and the grounds are lovely. They have a large area outside that is safe that they can wander off, but it doesn't seems to be fenced in. If she wants to go outside, she can go outside and walk around. She has a nice view out of her window of trees and grass. They have a sun porch where there is a fireplace. It is an area like an enclosed patio. The room has many windows that she can sit and watch the snow fall. I chose them as being the best for my mom and for her particular needs.

January 09, 2015

By Mbennet

I researched many Assisted Living facilities and by far Morningside House impressed me the most. I was especially impressed with Amanda Owens. She is very knowledgeable about Morningside House and besides that she is extremely caring about everyone that resides in this facility. My cousin will be residing there as soon as he gets out of the Rehab Facility in Bowie, MD. Overall I believe I made the right decision in picking Morningside House the moment you walk into this facility the front desk person - her name is Renee - is very friendly and nice and the Administrator Brandon Queen is exceptional to work with. Thank you for this opportunity to express my views regarding Morningside House.

April 29, 2014

Morningside House of Laurel was nice and clean. It was just big and expensive, too. I think my mom would be better in a smaller place. They had a big cafeteria, and it looked nice. The room that my mom would have been in looked very nice, but she couldn't afford that. Then there was one she would have to share with somebody else, and that was just a regular-sized room. I just met one woman who was trying to sell the room; she was nice and helpful.

October 25, 2013

The staff at Morningside House of Laurel seemed to be very pleasant when I went there. The facility is very nice and clean.

Costs for Morningside House of Laurel

Photos of Morningside House of Laurel

Services and Amenities of Morningside House of Laurel

• State Licenses: 16AL0370-J

About Morningside House of Laurel

Senior assisted living at Morningside House of Laurel offers residents the best of both worlds. All benefits of our senior living community are combined with a full spectrum of senior care services to create a premier senior assisted living community. Residents enjoy beautiful surroundings, on-site amenities and social programs alongside continual on-call medical care.

At Morningside House of Laurel, we adhere to state-of-the-art standards of senior assisted living while providing a special touch. Our residents receive personal and comprehensive care and are consistently treated with the dignity and respect they deserve. Whether our residents need help with day-to-day activities, getting to appointments, or medication management, our caregivers kindly and competently meet those needs.

Our assisted living community in Laurel has been purposefully designed to provide you or your loved one with a nurturing, comfortable, home-like environment that is attractive and easy to navigate. We foster community and family by hosting many activities and events each month. Residents are encouraged to participate in as many pursuits and outings as they like, appropriate to their ability. No matter what, everyone is treated as an individual person with unique needs.

At Morningside House of Laurel, our residents live life to its fullest as they age in place.

Assisted Living Amenities

• Personalized Care Plans
  • 24-hour Staffing
  • Emergency Response System
  • Scheduled transportation to local shopping and medical appointments
  • Award winning Wellness Everyday™ programs, provided 7 days a week
  • Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
  • Brain Health University™
  • Beauty and Barber Shop
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • All utilities and basic cable included
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team

Map of Morningside House of Laurel