Digby Place

Reviews of Digby Place

Assisted Living Reviews for Digby Place

March 29, 2017

By Cheri161386

Before I took my mom and dad into Digby Place, I went in and had dinner and everything so that I could observe the residents, and I did this with all 3 places. This was the only place that I took them with me the very first time that I went, and when we got in there I just got an immediate feel of a nursing home instead of assisted living. There were a lot of odors in the place. They took us on our tour straight across the dining room, and your feet stuck to the floor the whole way across the dining hall. So it wasn’t a super clean place and then the dinner that they served us for lunch was a beef stew that was just really bad. Instead of serving us in the dining room like they said they would so that we could visit with the residents, they served us in the office. We didn’t actually get to go into the dining room and sit with people we knew. It was a smaller place and a lot more expensive. I just didn’t feel like they got the care they were going to get at either of the 2 other places we visited. The staff seemed to be really nice. We got pretty good treatment when we get there. I just didn’t feel like the services.

August 22, 2016

By Paul241328

Digby Place was very good. They had a good variety of activities. Their prices were high. They had five or six levels of care, so once you got up to the higher levels, it would get expensive. The staff was very good and seemed to be very caring and knowledgeable. My experience with them was very positive. Digby House had the best enclosed courtyard. The building surrounded it, so there was no possibility of escaping. The facility was designed so that you could walk around the entire facility and the courtyard. That was kind of an advantage. The courtyard was the largest one I've seen as well. The only drawback for the most part was the cost.

December 30, 2014

By Mary103610550

Digby was small; that’s one reason why we chose the place for my parents. I didn't have a problem with the staff. It's only got 39 rooms in it. It has an entertainment room like a little theater for watching movies, a library, a visiting room, and a bunch of chairs for if your family comes in; you can go sit there. The building is square, and there is a nice and open middle area where people can go outside there. It's enclosed, so you don't have to worry. My dad has dementia so if you went out there, he could not go wander. It has a home atmosphere and very small.

October 24, 2014

By mccoy3

My family was placed in a very tough situation when my mother had a stroke. Digby Place provided us with the solution that was tailored towards mom's needs. She loves the people at Digby because they treat her like family

Costs for Digby Place

Types of care

• Meal Preparation

• Get Costs

About Digby Place

Digby Place provides thoughtful, compassionate care in a warm, senior living community. We develop individual care plans to meet the needs of each resident. A full-time registered nurse is available 24 hours a day to provide clinical oversight and coordination of care. We welcome pets and help our residents flourish by offering a variety of activities, such as arts and crafts, bingo, exercise classes, educational seminars, Qigong, card and board games, and sports nights. We go on visits to the local senior center and outings for shopping and dining. We strive to offer high quality assisted living in Lafayette, which ensures our residents have the care and attention they deserve.

Map of Digby Place