Providence Healthcare and Rehabilitation

Reviews of Providence Healthcare and Rehabilitation

Nursing Home Reviews for Providence Healthcare and Rehabilitation

November 09, 2015

By Rebecca42

My mom is at Providence. The staff has been better now than they were before. They are better trained and seem to be doing a good job now. They go out to shop, but they don't have a lot of activities. They show a movie on Fridays and give them popcorn, and every once in while, they will have somebody come in for entertainment. The room is a hospital-type room with two beds, a little dresser, and a shared closet. I wouldn't eat at Providence. It is like institutional food and not very good. The dining area is just a big room with nothing special to it. They put all of the residents in this one big room, and they don't always help when some of them do need the help. They need to improve on the attention given to the residents. Sometimes they leave them in the common room by themselves. With their care plan, they don't always follow up. My mom sometimes isn't taken to the washroom as often as she should be taken; I've found her wet or with stool all over her. They just need to follow a routine with the residents. The cleanliness is fair. It is not really dirty, but there are times where they have not cleaned properly.

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to write a review. We are glad that you’ve noticed improvements in our community. We’re sorry that some aspects of your mother’s care have not been up to your standards. We want to make sure that both you and your mother are happy with Providence — please contact us directly at (630) 969-2900 with any issues so that we can follow up.

July 30, 2012

By Bill S.

My 85 year old mother, an Alzheimer's patient (Mild/Moderate), has been in respite care at this facility while I have been arranging her relocation to be closer to me. The memory care unit of this facility is relatively new (less than a year old), but I have been thoroughly impressed at the level of care she has received. The people are EXCELLENT. The only reason that this is not 5-stars is that the facility itself is somewhat dated but otherwise well maintained.

Photos of Providence Healthcare and Rehabilitation

About Providence Healthcare and Rehabilitation

If you're ready for the peace of mind that comes from dealing with a name you trust, choose Providence of Downers Grove for your rehab or skilled nursing needs. We partner with leaders in rehabilitation services to help people of all ages rebuild skills diminished by illness or accident. And our skilled nursing care has been accredited and certified by the Joint Commission.

Map of Providence Healthcare and Rehabilitation