The Pointe at Kilpatrick

Reviews of The Pointe at Kilpatrick

Assisted Living Reviews for The Pointe at Kilpatrick

June 29, 2012

By sedit

The facility was clean and the staff we met were incredibly friendly and warm with my grandmother. She was not very mobile, and on one occasion we stopped there to pick her up to take to our house for Thanksgiving and the staff went above and beyond when it came to helping her out of bed and into a wheelchair, then into the car and back to her bed when we came back. I would definitely recommend this facility if the need arises in the future.

May 01, 2012

By Mary Ann P.

My Mom was at the Pointe for over 6 years in the New Day section. There is absolutely nothing negative about this facility. Between management, caregivers, CNA's, the nursing staff, all are caring, diligent and helpful individuals. If it wasn't for their supportive natures, I don't think my Mom or I would have dealt well with the dementia. Mom flourished longer than most because of The Pointe and the diligence of its staff. How I wish Mom could have stayed but her dementia got to a point whereby she now needs Nursing Home care. There isn't a day that goes by where I don't miss seeing everyone at the Pointe.

December 07, 2011

By Herbert G.

My grandfather was at Point at Kilpatrick for about six months. I visited him on most wednesdays and fridays, because I was working at Orland Park Mall. I liked the way the nurses treated him, and he always seemed to be clean when I went to visit him. I am the type to be a bit fiesty when I see wrong, but these people were really nice. They had activities for the clients who were still able to do such things. My grandfather used to play cards quite a bit with a few of the other men there. The place was a lot cleaner than the home he was at before. There were no bugs walking around, and the patients all seemed to be fairly comfortable. You can notice when patients look fearful, but these people seemed to be okay. I beleve this was the right choice for my grandfather at the time, because he needed assistance with some of his daily functions. He never complained of being hit, or anything which means they helped him with no problem. I believe this is how it should be.

Questions about The Pointe at Kilpatrick

What programs or activities does The Pointe at Kilpatrick offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Our community amenities offer a wide range of activities to suit the tastes of any resident, from educational programs, religious opportunities, entertainment, exercise, brain fitness to arts and crafts, and from our wellness/fitness clinic to our Internet library. At The Pointe, all of our residents play an integral role in the planning of the programs and activities and participate in our Resident Council regarding everything from food to events.

What transportation services does The Pointe at Kilpatrick offer to assisted living residents?

The Pointe at Kilpatrick offers scheduled transportation.

How does The Pointe at Kilpatrick keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Our residents’ care plans are always established by their needs, and ongoing health assessments help our residents face the challenges of day-to-day life. Our health services range from medication reminders and transportation to memory care and hospice care. Our kindhearted staff is devoted to meeting the individual needs of each of our residents, and we provide support through medical services, emotional support, spiritual resources, and purposeful programs and activities.

What safety features or security measures does The Pointe at Kilpatrick provide to protect residents who wander?

We take our responsibility to you and the ones you love very seriously; thus, safety and security are paramount at The Pointe at Kilpatrick. Our specially designed, secure community features a range of security measures, systems, and activities designed to help ensure the safety, comfort, and convenience of each resident. Here are the features we offer to our memory care residents: •We offer a small and tightly knit neighborhood, serving only 18 residents •We have state-of-the-art safety and security systems in place •We have 24-hour personalized care for each individual resident Your loved one is safe and secure here at The Pointe at Kilpatrick, where your family is our family.

Describe the neighborhood around The Pointe at Kilpatrick. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

The Pointe at Kilpatrick is a Supportive Living and Memory Care Community located in picturesque, natured filled Crestwood, Illinois. Our beautiful community is located in a central spot, just blocks away from the Little Calumet River and nestled between several forests and nature preserves.

Costs for The Pointe at Kilpatrick

Photos of The Pointe at Kilpatrick

Services and Amenities of The Pointe at Kilpatrick

• Housing Extra: Shared Living

• About The Pointe at Kilpatrick

The Pointe at Kilpatrick is a provider of apartment living for those 65 and older in Crestwood, Illinois.

The Pointe at Kilpatrick offers the highest standard of supportive living to our residents. Our community provides assistance in the activities of daily living allowing residents to maintain their independence and enjoy the companionship of other residents of their generation.

A Dependable Assisted Living Community In Crestwood, IL

As life expectancy continues to rise, more and more seniors will need assistance. According to a recent study from the Department of Health and Human Services, a stunning 70 percent of Americans aged 65 and over will require long-term care services at some point.

With the cost of nursing home care on the rise, millions of elderly adults worry they may be left in the cold. At The Pointe at Kilpatrick, we believe that every senior should get the help they need, regardless of their net worth. To address this growing problem, our assisted living community provides supportive living, as well as other services.

Supportive Living

A relatively new option, supportive living was created to fill a desperate need for affordable long-term care services. Designed for elderly individuals with reduced income, it creates huge cost savings by combining apartment-style housing with personal and group care services. Unlike nursing homes, residents can live as independently as they like and take part in the decisions that affect them. Even though it is less expensive, many patients prefer supportive living to the alternative, because it affords them greater control over their own lives.

Accommodations & Services

Whether they want a one-bedroom apartment or a shared suite, our assisted living community lets incoming residents choose where they’d like to hang their hat. Here are just a few of the amenities these accommodations offer:

• Resident-controlled thermostats
    • Cable television
    • Microwave and refrigerator
    • Laundry services
    • Emergency response system
    • Maintenance staff services

Memory Care

Because it requires a higher staff-to-resident ratio, not every assisted living community has its own memory care department. We are proud to offer dementia-specific care services in a safe, secure environment. Because it serves a small number of residents, our memory care unit is able to provide personalized care. In addition to housekeeping and laundry services, our staff also designs nutritional management programs for each resident.

Why Us?

As an assisted living community that offers subsidized senior housing, The Pointe at Kilpatrick appeals to a wide audience. We are happy to welcome seniors from Midlothian, Alsip, Palos Heights, Orland Park, Tinley Park, Worth, Chicago Ridge, and Blue Island to our community. Whether you are someone who worries about the high cost of long-term care or someone looking for an independent living arrangement, we can create a plan that provides the services you need at a price you can afford. We also offer specialized care, such as memory care, and other services that are not offered at many assisted living facilities.

Our philosophy of care may be different from that of many of our peers. In an effort to preserve the independence and privacy of our residents, we provide assistance only when needed. This lets residents live their lives as they see fit in a warm, welcoming community that includes residents of their age group and experienced caregivers.

Schedule A Tour

Do you have questions about our assisted living community? The Pointe at Kilpatrick in Crestwood, IL invites you to call and schedule your free tour today.

Map of The Pointe at Kilpatrick