The Pointe at Kilpatrick

Reviews of The Pointe at Kilpatrick

Assisted Living Reviews for The Pointe at Kilpatrick

June 29, 2012

By sedit

The facility was clean and the staff we met were incredibly friendly and warm with my grandmother. She was not very mobile, and on one occasion we stopped there to pick her up to take to our house for Thanksgiving and the staff went above and beyond when it came to helping her out of bed and into a wheelchair, then into the car and back to her bed when we came back. I would definitely recommend this facility if the need arises in the future.

May 01, 2012

By Mary Ann P.

My Mom was at the Pointe for over 6 years in the New Day section. There is absolutely nothing negative about this facility. Between management, caregivers, CNA's, the nursing staff, all are caring, diligent and helpful individuals. If it wasn't for their supportive natures, I don't think my Mom or I would have dealt well with the dementia. Mom flourished longer than most because of The Pointe and the diligence of its staff. How I wish Mom could have stayed but her dementia got to a point whereby she now needs Nursing Home care. There isn't a day that goes by where I don't miss seeing everyone at the Pointe.

December 07, 2011

By Herbert G.

My grandfather was at Point at Kilpatrick for about six months. I visited him on most wednesdays and fridays, because I was working at Orland Park Mall. I liked the way the nurses treated him, and he always seemed to be clean when I went to visit him. I am the type to be a bit fiesty when I see wrong, but these people were really nice. They had activities for the clients who were still able to do such things. My grandfather used to play cards quite a bit with a few of the other men there. The place was a lot cleaner than the home he was at before. There were no bugs walking around, and the patients all seemed to be fairly comfortable. You can notice when patients look fearful, but these people seemed to be okay. I beleve this was the right choice for my grandfather at the time, because he needed assistance with some of his daily functions. He never complained of being hit, or anything which means they helped him with no problem. I believe this is how it should be.

About The Pointe at Kilpatrick

The Pointe at Kilpatrick provides apartment living with assistance for those 65+ regardless of income and in need of regaining or maintaining their independence. As a certified Supportive Living community, The Pointe provides a home where rent includes meals, medication management, housekeeping and social programming. The Pointe, located in a secure residential neighborhood, also offers a financial option for those with limited income.

Sometimes living at home alone may cause depression, lonliness, fear, poor nutrition, or lack of personal care which may result in illness or accidents. The Pointe at Kilpatrick provides peace of mind for families looking for help with care of a loved one or for an older adult searching for a retirement setting without having to worry about financial hardship.

The caring, professional staff at the Pointe at Kilpatrick creates an extended family which provides companionship, programs and structure without sacrificing privacy and individuality. Life at The Pointe is directed by those living here. Food committees control menu choices and anyone can recommend social and educational programs. Family visitis are encouraged and pets are welcome.

The Pointe at Kilpatrick is unique due to it's all inclusive price and the lifestyle it provides. Due to loyal staff, customer satisfaction scores rank in the top 10% in a national comparison. In addition, doctors such as geriatric physicians, psychologists, psychiatrists, optomitrists and podiatrists hold office hours on-site making additional healthcare services convienient. The Pointe also has specially trained staff and a separate neighborhood for Alzheimer's and dementia care.

Map of The Pointe at Kilpatrick