Aston Gardens at Tampa Bay

Reviews of Aston Gardens at Tampa Bay

Assisted Living Reviews for Aston Gardens at Tampa Bay

August 07, 2014

By Jane88338150

My mother decided on Aston Gardens. It seemed pretty expensive in the area where it is spread out and they have different sections where they have the assisted living and nursing home. Also, it only had 3 floors instead of the building of many stories that you had to take the elevator. In other words, you have to walk covered walk ways to go to your eating. The staff was really nice there.

April 11, 2014

By Carol79784750

Aston Gardens is my favorite. It's a little expensive, but we might consider it. I was just there for a meeting; then I went ahead and looked around. This is a bigger facility. The facility itself was very nice. The people I saw were so happy and friendly. They took me in to see the rooms; they're very nice with good sizes. They had a lot of activities. I saw the list and it's three times longer of the things they do. The people were singing, there were Christians there.

December 26, 2013

Aston Garden is one of the bigger and newer facilities. They have everything from Alzheimer's care, independent living or assisted living. It's clean and the people were nice. They have a pool, transportation and a couple of dining halls or sports bar. The dining hall is really nice. It has lots of tables where you can sit as 2 or a table for 8. They have buffet food available. The apartments have 2 or 3 bedrooms.

September 19, 2013

By Rey14

My wife is in Aston Gardens. It has a very nice rural setting and the accommodations are very spacious. She has her own room with comfortable surroundings. The staff is very caring and the ratio of caregivers to residents is quite large. I was very satisfied with the services they offered.

July 23, 2013

The staff is very caring at Aston Gardens. The rooms are a little small. There are plenty of activities, bus tours, shopping trips, bingo, ministerial, painting and ceramics. The food is okay and the dining room is spacious enough. They should improve on the food and the size of the rooms.

June 07, 2013

By caring5528

Aston Gardens was beautiful. It was well-kept, clean, and maintained. They had lots and lots of activities in there. I highly recommend it. It's my first choice for my parents, but they have decided to stay in their home for the moment.

May 31, 2013

Aston Gardens had very nice, clean and lovely high-rise buildings. The living room facilities are away from the main building where the dining room and the activities are and that's why I couldn't live there. I have a problem with my leg and it's just too far for me to walk from one of the other buildings to the main building. As far as choices go and if the set up were different, I'd probably be living there now.

April 29, 2013

By Roger4

It is a very nice facility. The only thing is they have several different buildings and you have to go downstairs and outside to get to and walk to the main building where the dining room and where most the activities are. So you're outside and exposed to the weather. It's a much larger, expansive facility. We had lunch there and we were not as impressed with food there as compared to the other facilities and their staff there didn't seem as friendly also.

May 09, 2012

By ksealy

Everyone at the Aston Gardens living facility was very helpful and informative. They helped me understand the care that would be taken yo ensure my parent was satisfied. I wouldn't just place my parent anywhere, but I felt they had known what they were doing enough for me to trust them with a loved one.The staff there was great and the place is very clean and well kept. I could see my parents as often as I needed to. I was surprised to see how satisfied some of the others that were staying there were. No one complained about anything the whole time I was there.A lady named Mary at the front helped me with all the paperwork and walked me through everything. The only complaint I would have was the lack of activites they had for the people staying there. But on the other hand the people that were there were not of the ability to do much by themselves

May 19, 2011

By edsteveleslie

Friend or relative of resident

My widowed mother-in-law was getting up there in her years and after yet another household accident, her kids (including my wife) were forced to find a facility that could take care of her. While she resisted the ideas every time it was brought up, we booked a trip to visit the facility and learn more about the day-to-day living for seniors in her age range. We live in the Nine Eagles part of Tampa and Ashton Gardens is conveniently located right around the corner from us less than 10 minutes away. My mother-in-law ended up loving the facility, list of activities and saw that most of the people there were still very active. Her resistance faded away until she heard about the costs involved in residing there. To say it was expensive would be an understatement but in the end, my brother and sisters-in-laws were able to make the financial side work. My mother-in-law ended up moving in earlier this year and absolutely loves the place. It's a beautiful living facility and she really is starting to thrive with the other lady residents. I'm not sure why this wasn't explored sooner since even I can tell a difference in her demeanor. My wife's concern, however, is the fact that her Mom may live well into her 90s and beyond (good family genes!) and though she has many investments, the annual price of staying there may be an issue long term. We would all hate if she had to be moved to a lesser facility or have to deal with some of the horror stories we've all heard about homes that are under-staffed or that have no activities or structure. For the time being though, she's not injured herself and everyone (including me) are happy that's she in good hands, safe and secure for the time being. Her old neighborhood was starting to go downhill and we were all worried about her daily safety at home and while running errands. Those concerns are now gone at Ashton Gardens. Final analysis: Ashton Gardens is a top notch place for seniors and certainly a good decision for our whole family (mine and in-laws). Only issue is the costs which are high when compared to other area homes. Long term I hope her kids will come up with a better plan on affording this place. That or we all pray her investments rebound. That's my two cents. Thanks!

Independent Living Reviews for Aston Gardens at Tampa Bay

July 13, 2016

By Albert302238

We had a very nice tour at Ashton Gardens. We had lunch there, and it was good and well prepared. We are on a waiting list for one of the villas. We were very happy with it.

July 20, 2015

By Mary110681250

We are going to Aston Gardens. I like the units. They had activities like bridge, and that interested me. I had eaten there, and food was just fine. I liked the floor plan.

July 13, 2015

By Gene17

We have moved into Aston Gardens. The administration and staff are all very involved in their work with the residents and the home; we are all part of each other. We have a one-bedroom apartment, which is very nice and adequate for just the two of us. It is pretty well-kept, and they provide service for whatever we need . They have exercises, painting classes, and various domino and card games. The food has been very good all the time. The home is now in the middle of remodeling inside and out, so they are shuffling around the dining rooms while they are remodeling, but overall it has been very good, and they've been able to handle it very well.

August 06, 2014

By Goose1

I went to view this facility while my daughter was here from Colorido. She works with the seniors with there medicare problems so she was able to obtain all the necessary information that would cover all the areas that would needed to be covered for my wife and me. We were given a tour of the facility and all questions on the needed cost were explained. We were given a great tour of all units and full explained cost. Had a very nice meal and view all of the clubhouse and given a copy of all the events they have during the month. We were invited back for an other visit and to give them a call or return visit if we came up with any questions we felt we needed to discuse.

September 19, 2012

By Mike12

My relative told me that the service is very nice, they really know how to treat other people, in general a very good experience.

Costs for Aston Gardens at Tampa Bay

Photos of Aston Gardens at Tampa Bay

Services and Amenities of Aston Gardens at Tampa Bay

• Fee Structure Extra: Community Fee: $2,500

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites
  • Housing Extra: Villa

• Pool

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Nurse On Staff: We Have 24 Hour Nurses.

• Tai Chi

About Aston Gardens at Tampa Bay

Aston Gardens At Tampa Bay is located on 120 lush green acres close to shopping, cultural activities, golf, and state-of-the-art medical care in the Tampa, Florida area. Choose a luxurious apartment for independent living, a villa to own or lease, or an assisted living or memory care suite. Whatever your lifestyle needs, Aston Gardens At Tampa Bay offers spacious floor plans, resort amenities, and exciting activities that make every day a fun-filled one. Our professional staff members are experts at delivering superior service, and our talented chefs are well versed in preparing delightfully delicious gourmet meals served restaurant-style.

As a new resident in an independent living home at Aston Gardens, you can lock in your monthly rent for three full years! Be sure to speak with a Senior Lifestyle Counselor to get all the latest details. Also, ask about the Aston Gardens Home-Sellers Assistance Program, an innovative new opportunity to help you begin enjoying life at Aston Gardens while your home is listed for sale. For the ultimate in carefree living, choose Aston Gardens At Tampa Bay, America's award-winning senior-living community in Florida!

Map of Aston Gardens at Tampa Bay