Grand Villa of St. Petersburg

Reviews of Grand Villa of St. Petersburg

Assisted Living Reviews for Grand Villa of St. Petersburg

February 09, 2021

By Adriana

My mom was at Grand Villa of St. Petersburg for three months. They had activities for the residents. The facility was very nice and pretty well laid out. They were under quite a few more restrictions at that facility, but it served her needs at the time. She was in a studio, but it was large. I had called several times and never got a return phone call from them, but they called and provided updates. I was just less satisfied with their response to my inquiries. I don't know if they had a beauty salon, but they had someone who could come in and provide haircuts. They had a swimming pool and grilling areas. I don't think anyone is allowed to use the swimming pool because of COVID. They had a tennis court, but it was to my understanding that the only one who ever used the tennis court or the pool usually would be grandkids per se versus residents. They had pool tables and a little cafe that was nice. They had nice amenities.

Hi Adriana, we miss your mother and hope she’s doing well! We do have a salon on site, but it wasn’t open during your last visit due to the state’s COVID restrictions. Our pool has been open too, even if no one has wanted to take a dip! We’re sorry to hear the third party providers didn’t connect with you as often as you wanted, but unfortunately, we don’t have any control over their response times. We always enjoyed our conversations with you!

January 15, 2020

By Scott

Grand Villa of St. Petersburg was very nice. The inside was nice as well. I didn't like that it's a little further from my house and it's off of a busier, not as desirable area of town, because there's interstate noise behind it. The residents looked a lot older and frailer than my mother. The staff member was very good during the tour. The food looked very good; they have a chef. If you don't like anything on the menu you can get something else. It's off of a main street with some shopping centers across the way.

September 03, 2019

By Robin

We will most likely be using Grand Villa of St. Petersburg for mom. They seemed to be very educated when they were telling us all about the place when we were there. The staff seemed to be very caring and concerned, they're the only ones who sent me what they call an 1823 form, so I can get a health assessment for my mother. They showed us the variety of rooms that they have and told us how we won't have to move her if her memory loss gets worse. That's what we were looking for in the first place, somewhere we can move her in and keep her there until time passes. The atmosphere of the place is excellent. We've talked to Scott who was one of the head people there and the lady who checks in on when we'd move my mother or if we're ready yet. We feel that this is going to be the best place for her. We had a date for lunch there but things got cancelled, but we'll eventually want to check out the food and just needs to reschedule it. My mom has to have her hair done all the time so they have a little salon there, they have a mini store in case she needs stamps and things like that. They also have doctors that come in for all sorts of things that the residents need, like medication. They have all kinds of doctors that come in like a chiropractor, she needs a foot doctor and they said they can provide that and they can also provide general practitioner. They also have an exercise room, a nice pool, a beautiful outside area. Everything is very clean and I didn't notice any weird odor coming from anywhere. One of the things that really caught my eye was the way the dining area was set up. That's what we feel would be a lot more comfortable for my mom after she has been situated. We went there after we had been for like 6 places, and that's when we decided that that's where she should be. They provide a bus every day to take people out shopping if that's what they need, or if they need to go somewhere or do something. They do little tours like go to some people's old neighborhoods, or just go out for the day. They have a lot of stuff they can do so that they don't have to just sit there and stare at the wall all day.

May 03, 2018

By Charles

Grand Villa of St. Petersburg was terrific and conveniently located to where we have a condo about four miles away. It was spacious, and I really liked the fact that it had a lot of windows, so it was sunny and a lot of natural light came in which I felt was important for people with memory care problems. The rooms were spacious and laid out nicely. The staff was very informative. All the dining areas looked like they should have been on a cruise ship, and it had a movie theater. We liked everything about the place. Of the facilities we visited, this was the best.

November 30, 2017

By Kurt

Grand Villa of St. Petersburg is impressive. The person who assisted me was very helpful. It used to be a hotel resort, so it's more hotelish than homey. With all the rooms, you aren't sure if you're in a hotel resort or in an assisted living. There is a grandiose pool and a tennis court. However, my dad prefers more of a home-style than a resort-style community.

May 03, 2017

By Chuck051056

My mother moved into the memory care of Grand Villa. It's been fine. They were the only facility that would allow her to keep her dog. The grounds are excellent. The place is fine, well run, and pretty close to me. The room is air conditioned. It's like a nice motel. I've been told that the food is pretty good.

December 16, 2016

By Donald234813

I visited Grand Villa and was very impressed. I thought their price was reasonable, the facilities were very clean, and the building was extremely attractive and pleasant. Although I did not deal with any of the care workers themselves, the manager was very good.

November 06, 2016

By Linda132862

Grand Villa has independent living, assisted living, and memory units. It was nice, and it had a swimming pool. I looked at a 1-bedroom, and it was nicely setup with a living room, bedroom, shower, and kitchenette. I can cook, and if I don’t want to, then I can go to the dining room or have it delivered in my room.

November 02, 2016

By Judith278624

The residents at Grand Villa of St. Petersburg were out and about, and the inside of the facility is very large. The common areas encourage socialization, and while we were there, a bunch of people gathered in the little cafe where they have coffee, drinks, and donuts. Because it's so new, it appeared to be very nice. The memory unit upstairs was beyond belief. They had all types of activities and socialization areas where people could sit, and they looked like they were just resting in their own recliners. They didn't look like they belonged in a nursing home situation. They had a little aviary, a fireplace, and a nook where people could go with their families, and the activity director involved them in activities. They have a nurse on-call.

November 01, 2016

By Jerry823078

The people at Grand Villa of St. Petersburg were very attentive and very thorough. They included everything without me having to ask. They had very good attitude, and they had commendable facility and operations.

August 22, 2016

By Judith707147

I toured the Grand Villa. The people that helped me around were wonderful. We didn’t eat there, but the food looked good. The thing that I like about it was that along the bottom floor, they had patio apartments, so that your little apartment opened right onto a little patio. That’s where I wanted to stay. There aren’t any available right now, but I told them that whenever one becomes available to call me.

August 18, 2016

By Rebecca874850

Grand Villa is one of the cleanest assisted living facilities I’ve been in. I like the size since it’s not so large and has beautiful common areas, and the food is good. My mother is very happy with the food overall. They need to work on some staff issues, nothing major, just mainly in the dining room, but since April, they put a much better system in place. She’s happy with the residents. The staff is very friendly and say hello.

August 18, 2016

By Ann641271

I went to the grand opening of Grand Villa, and they showed me two models in the living facility. One was a one-bedroom that was very nice and had a small kitchenette area with a microwave. There was a nice living area, a good-sized bedroom, a bathroom, and a closet. There was a studio which I did not like because of the way it was laid out. They had a beautiful swimming pool. They had all kinds of prices and extra charges for extra services.

June 11, 2016

By Carol178210

We visited Grand Villa. The place was very nice, but the rooms didn't have any closets. It guessed it was hotel at one point in time since it still looked like a hotel room. We did not like the rooms there. The common dining area seemed fine. It was set up restaurant-style. The staff was very nice.

June 10, 2016

By DeborahCWZIA

Grand Villa of St. Petersburg was absolutely beautiful but definitely was way more than what Mom needed. It’s very clean and had a pool, walking path with birds chirping, and was absolutely amazing. I want to move in, but it was too far away.

May 10, 2016

By LoisOMOLN

I went to Grand Villa. The people were very friendly but were not able to assist my client because of his health issue. I got as far as the front desk and spoke with the management. It seemed like a very nice place. The staff was excellent, very friendly, and very informative. I would not mind living there when I get older. They could improve on increasing their licensing, so they would be able to administer medication.

November 29, 2015

By Lisa116333150

I know that Grand Villa had a very nice program and very nice floor plan, but it was more of an assisted living place. They didn’t have the services that my dad would need, like help getting up and down, but they had a wonderful program.

June 20, 2015

By Patricia103767650

I went to Grand Villa. When we went in there, the first thing that hit me was that this place was like a resort. They spent a lot of money on it. The entrance is very, very nice. The staff was so pleasant. The activities that they offered for the people were unbelievable. They have games, swimming, and aerobics. There is an in-house beauty shop and an in-house movie theater. The dining room was just exquisite. The facility itself was so nice. However, my mother needed nursing care to assist her to take her insulin at night, but at Grand Villa, the nursing staff would leave at 5 p.m., and my mother needs to take the insulin before bed. That was the problem to me. Grand Villa was a little more reasonable; plus that facility accepted Veterans benefits and Medicaid whereas the other facility would not accept those two finances. There is security there, so I felt comfortable that my mother would be OK there. The rooms were not as well appointed as the other facility, but that was a minor thing as far as I am concerned.

April 24, 2015

Grand Villa of St. Petersburg was great. It was a lot more quiet. I loved the people, and they knew what they were doing. They took me and my family on a great tour. They had studio apartments, and they were just fine for me. The food was excellent. The social recreation was fantastic! They came out with a monthly list, and they were doing something all the time. It was something that I really liked about it. They had all different kinds of activities, different kinds of classes, different kinds groups, religious services, and they even had rides. Their property was huge, and they would allow my little mini schnauzer.

March 25, 2015

I have already moved my mom to Grand Villa of St. Petersburg. I like that it is a brand new facility, and it is close to home. My mom's room is small, but they keep everyone in the community room, and then they only go up to their rooms at night. The staff is very caring, friendly, and attentive.

January 24, 2015

By Marilyn17

The staff of Grand Villa at St. Petersburg is very helpful. We have eaten there several times, and the dining room is very elegant. They have activities like bingo, and they take the residents out for sightseeing every weekend. They allowed us to decorate my mom’s room, and it is being kept clean. It is like a hotel.

Memory Care Reviews for Grand Villa of St. Petersburg

• Occupational Therapy

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

About Grand Villa of St. Petersburg

At Grand Villa of St. Petersburg, a premiere senior assisted living community in St. Petersburg, Florida, our friendly staff help residents get the most out of every day by providing the highest level of Assisted Living care in a stress-free environment. Our variety of lifestyle choices allow residents to spend less time taking care of daily chores and more time enjoying life.

Grand Villa of St. Petersburg Senior Assisted Living Community provides a lifestyle that promotes physical, mental, social, intellectual, and spiritual well-being. We offer Assisted Living, Personal Care and Memory Care, as well as Respite Care and short-term stays in our beautiful resort-like community.

At Grand Villa of St. Petersburg, we understand your needs may change over time. That's why we offer various lifestyle options to meet those needs. This level of personal attention gives you the opportunity to live life with dignity for one all-inclusive monthly fee.

Map of Grand Villa of St. Petersburg