Westminster Shores Saint Petersburg, FL

Reviews of Westminster Shores

Assisted Living Reviews for Westminster Shores

May 11, 2013

By caring1177

The Westminster Palms has a whole apartment that's just like any other home. And, when you can't be independent anymore, they'd take you to assisted-living, which is in the premises, but in a different building.

July 11, 2012

By chris1985

I've had nothing but good experiences in this facility, it's more of an upscale type facility mainly for the richer people but worked hard their entire life. Anything and everything is provided to them they live in their own house which is absolutely beautiful 2 story house right on the water, everything is done for them the yard care their meals are cooked and provided for them in a dining room hall with friendly staff. When the people that live at this facility become ill or whatever the case is they are moved to a separate ward where medical staff is there again all of them are friendly as can be and couldn't ask for any nicer people to take care of your elderly ones you love. No transfers out of the living place is really needed all of the staff their are highly trained so I thinks that's more relaxing for the people that are there, well I know for me it would be. It's really a beautiful place to live I've always been greeted with a smile and a hello whenever I came across the staff. They have security around the complex I'm pretty sure on a 24 hour basis even though the neighborhood is nice as can be. My grandmother literally walks out of her backyard and about 30 steps is looking down on water with a deck to go out further in the water great for fishing. They have a lot of little events to keep people happy their and their minds entertained, and often do special things during the holidays for the people that live there and their family. My negative comment although none of my business really is that upon her getting this home and this company saying basically you give us x amount of dollars and we will provide you with this nice home and all of these features that go along with it, she paid a high price tag for it and when she passes on that house goes back to them for them to pass it on to the next person that decides to take part in that living facility, I kind of think that's a fair shake I think what you pay for should be yours to keep but again none of my business. Also my grandfather doesn't live with my grandmother in the house due to him being really ill now and his memory is basically horrible so he lives on the ward where they monitor him basically that part of the facility isn't all that glamorous for the elderly he shares a room with another person has to deal with that persons problems let alone his own, which I think is really a horrible way to live out the remainder of your life. I would bring him somethings just odd little things that he needed at the time for instance I bought him really nice shaving razors because he didn't have any at the time well I came back about two weeks later and they were all gone not saying staff stole it but there was certainly enough there to last him months probably 50 dollars worth of nice razors. Also when I was a bit younger and wanted to stay over for weeks on end with my grandmother to hang out with her I guess its their company policy to not allow their guest to have people over for a extended period of time which doesn't make sense to me what so ever. All the houses on this community are all in a I'd say one mile distance my grandmother lives right near the chow hall or dining facility I'd say so it's easy for her to get there seeing how she's not doing too great of shape these days herself. Also the dining arrangements are lovely it's a 2 story building overlooking water you can choose from a menu of like 10 different items for that day, they provide the 3 meals per day so, cooking and buying groceries isn't something she has to do regularly or even at all. I generally spend about 20 minutes every time I go there having my grandmother introduce me to people that I swore I already met the prior week but hey maybe it's a combination of her memory and theirs and maybe she's showing her grandson off a bit. Their Christmas arrangements are lovely they have someone come by and decorate all of the outside of the houses for the Christmas spirit they prepare a wonderful meal for the Christmas meal with a desert you probably couldn't find in most 5 star restaurants. All in all the facility is beautiful and I feel very comfortable having my grandmother and grandfather living there and carrying out the remainder of their lives after all they both worked for it for many years and I'm sure was a dream to retire in a wonderful facility where they have limited worries about life and can just live in paradise or as close as possible to it. Hopefully when I get a bit older I can have something close to it or better to where I can live my life out.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Westminster Shores

About Westminster Shores

Westminster Shores is a senior living provider in Saint Petersburg, Florida that offers residents Assisted Living and Continuing Care Communities. Contact Westminster Shores for more details on services and rates.

Map of Westminster Shores