Port Charlotte Rehabilitation Center

Reviews of Port Charlotte Rehabilitation Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Port Charlotte Rehabilitation Center

June 26, 2017

By Salbright

I would recommend this facility to any family or friends. The facility was exceptionally clean and maintained clean. The staff members (nurses, nurse assistants, physical therapist) are wonderful! My family member knows them all by name and feels extremely comfortable and confident with them. Such a wonderful facility for anyone in need of PT and/or assisted living facility!

June 05, 2017

By marylu

I was in the rehabilitation for 3 months. Each person I was associated with from beginning to end provided excellent service. Kimmer O has an excellent team. I would recommend this facility to anyone. The nursing staff was also excellent when I was in the nursing home section.

May 05, 2017

By Appreciative Husband

You never expect your wife to have a stroke-I was beside myself when it happened to me. She was unable to care for herself and I didn't know what I was going to do. When the hospital planner gave me a list and said pick a facility to send your wife to I had no clue! I went to tour 3 facilities and thank God I ended up in Port Charlotte Rehab on the third try - it was amazing to me how the facilities vary from one to the another. Without asking many questions you would never know. When I asked about therapy I found out how different the facilities do it-you wouldn't think there would be a difference, but Pt. Charlotte Rehab actually works in teams and they're all certified in different areas to treat my wife with their Stroke team. There equipment is top notch and specifically made for seniors for the ease of use. With all their encouragement and extremely hard workouts with therapy, my wife was able to do the therapy and walked out of there with a walker which she could not do when she entered. My hats off to This wonderful rehab/nursing for giving my wife back to me!! We are looking forward to going to their outpatient services.

May 01, 2017

By shboggess3

My grandmother was a patient at PC Rehab from July 2016 until she passed in November 2016, and we could not have had better care for her in the last few months of her life. From the CNA's to the nurses everyone was great with her and so patient. The facility itself was always clean and the staff was always friendly. The last few days of my grandmother's time at PC Rehab she was not with it mentally but the staff always made sure she was cared for and had everything she needed when we, as the family, could not be there. The day she died, one of her CNA's that took special care of her sat with he after his shift had ended because he knew she would be gone when he reported back the next day...that is the type if people you find at PC Rehab and I would no hesitate to refer anyone to this facility. I work in the medical profession myself and very picky on these type of things and I was impressed daily.

April 29, 2017

By Suzymobile

My husband went through alcohol detox at a local hospital, but had lost so much cognitive and muscular ability that he needed physical rehab in order to learn how to walk again. Not only did he have physical rehab needs, but we were preparing for future alcohol rehab. When I learned that I needed to choose a rehab facility for him, I didn't know where to turn. My first instinct was the wrong one: find a place closest to home and to the hospital, one that promised that he could order takeout food if he didn’t like their menu. Funny what your criteria become when you’re under stress. Luckily, his hospital roommate’s wife and I had unburdened to each other, and she knew more about the local rehab scene than I. She recommended Port Charlotte Rehab, which she said had been recommended to her by many others. I made in-person visits to two facilities, realizing that you never really know. But one thing I understood was that it would be important for him to have smoke breaks. Cutting out one bad habit was going to be hard enough; I didn’t want him undermined by having all his freedoms curtailed. The staff I spoke with at PC Rehab were strong, reasonable, clear about the rules, and it just seemed right. My husband isn’t the easiest of people to please, but he was pleased and impressed with all the physical therapists, cafeteria staff, smoke-break monitors, and nurses. Needless to say, I was on edge, but the staff at PC Rehab, from day one, were upbeat and supportive, and suggested that I be the same if he was going to succeed. There were as few restrictions on patients as possible. He was able to basically spend weekends with me, take as many smoke breaks as he wanted, find foods on the menu that pleased him, even make friends among his smoking buddies. He was there for a month, pushed himself hard to walk farther and stronger than they asked or expected. He was determined to walk again, and not to drink. As it turned out, alcohol rehab wasn’t in the cards, as it wasn’t covered by our insurance, but with his strong start at PC Rehab, he’s still sober eight months later, walking perfectly well, and not only back to his old activities, but 100 percent better than he was before.

April 08, 2017

By M. Sharp

My mother was a resident multiple times for recurrent kidney infections which left her very weak and confused. My hats off to the PC Rehab for their encouragement and hard work to make it possible for me to take her va k home again and again. Getting her to drink enough fluids is the battle. The staff are very friendly and treat her like family each time she comes in. They are very patient with her.

March 22, 2017

By J.Kouyoumgian

The nursing care was excellent! My husband has been here for a year- I have experienced the nursing care on his end to be excellent. Now that I have come to Pt. Charlotte Rehab, I have experienced the Nursing and Rehab services myself and found it to be even better. I never felt neglected. They were always there to help me. The therapists pushed me when they needed to, but never too much that I didn't feel that I accomplished something at every session. The food was great too! I would highly recommend Port Charlotte Rehab to anyone who needs it!

February 12, 2017

By Sparklingone

There is a shortage of nurses no matter where you go in Florida. This place is no exception. It takes them forever and a day to answer after you press the call button. It's very important for family to visit the patient everyday to keep on top of things.

February 04, 2017

By Senior Lady

I was suppose to be there for two weeks to recuperate from surgery but requested discharge after 6 days. There are some great nurses/CNA,'s, other staff, however night shift nurses/CNA's did little to take care of me. I needed assistance to the bathroom and I needed ice changed out on the foot. I did not receive the care on the late night shift and had to constantly set my phone to wake me every two hours. I am 71. This is not what I expected. One night, I received no dinner. My cast had to be redone in the Dr.'s office after being soaked at night when ice bags leaked. Transported to Dr. to change cast. I requested discharge asap. Occupation Therapy did home visit the next day. I got out yesterday. Glad to be home and to get some rest. Unfortunately, NIGHT TIME COMES and you are left to deal with it. It was frightening to fear you were going to fall getting into a wheelchair to get in the bathroom alone because they would not answer call bell. Beautiful yes, nice staff yes, but don't hang around for the late shift. I am happy to be out of there. c

November 24, 2016

By Aussiemom

My mother was here last year for Rehab. She could not have received better care and attention. I was able to eat with her in their bistro and found the food delicious. There were many spots for us to visit outside of her private room like the library or one of their many courtyards and lounges. Therapy had my mom up and walking and she was getting stronger everyday from their state of the art therapy equipment. Their therapy pools were impressive. You could not ask for a better place to choose for your loved one to receive nursing and therapy care.

November 17, 2016

By Dbeck

My mother was there and passed in March she was there for three or four years had excellent care they treated her like family was very sympathetic to her needs I would recommend this facility to all of your friends and family.

November 17, 2016

By Kldavis13

After a lengthy illness and status post open heart surgery, I was abrehensive about having to go to a rehabilitation center. I was happy I chose Port Charlotte Rehab as I received the best care possible from everyone at the facility. They treated me like family and always went the extra mile to make my stay at the facility comfortable.

February 26, 2015

By joer0194

I was an inpatient for one month. No complaints. Very good experience. OUTPATIENT THERAPY IS A DIFFERENT STORY. The authorization process is rocky. NEEDS ATTENTION. Care itself is exceptional but omething is wrong in approval process between facility and my ins cp FLBLUE HMO.

December 03, 2014

By Pizzoferrato

My mother received excellent care. She recently passed away. She was a resident for over a year.

December 09, 2011

By Louhi1

The nurses seemed to be busy all the time, but apprarently there are not enough of them. Patients lay in their wet/dirty diapers until the smell is so bad, there is not a chose but to bring it to their attention. The patients are only checked upon when they call the nurses station or if it is medication time or meal time. There are a number of patients that are already able to get around by themselves and are ready to go home. Patients are accually there and are not allowed to leave the facility for a home visit or just a day outting. It seems they are prisioners of this facility. I would not recommend this facility for patient care. They do have a good rehabilitation program, however, but should be used on an out patient basis.

Services and Amenities of Port Charlotte Rehabilitation Center

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 08/01/2019

About Port Charlotte Rehabilitation Center

Port Charlotte Rehabilitation Center is a senior living provider in Port Charlotte, Florida that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Port Charlotte Rehabilitation Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Port Charlotte Rehabilitation Center