Villa Grande on Saxon

Reviews of Villa Grande on Saxon

Independent Living Reviews for Villa Grande on Saxon

June 03, 2021

By Paul

Villa Grande on Saxon was a 62 and older apartment. Their apartments were very nice, but they didn't have any food service or anything like that there. It's a fairly new complex. The staff was very nice.

September 25, 2020

By B.C.

I loved Villa Grande on Saxon. It had a jacuzzi by the pool, the rooms were larger than the other place, they had a washer and dryer in the apartment, and it had a full kitchen. The outside was very nice. They had a library and a big puzzle room. The staff was very nice.

February 28, 2019

By Sandy

My tour at Villa Grande on Saxon was good. The good thing about it for me is that you don't have to buy the food plans. I don't want to go to a place that makes you buy the food plan, because it adds too much expense to the community. Very few places include the food plan. I don't want a food plan because I go north at least 3 months a year, and I would have to pay for the food plan all the time I'm gone. The staff was very good and did a very good tour. I also like this community because it has garages. The building has four stories. It's dated and has 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom units. It was very clean and well-kept, it was very nice. They have an extensive activities schedule. They take the residents to the groceries store and the doctors in their buses. So they have transportation which is good. They also have a calendar of activities and they go to various tourist kind of places. So that's good for the time when I've decided not to drive my car. They have breakfast in the morning if you want it. They also have get-togethers, a meal you can participate in, but it's not a regular thing. The place is kind of isolated and you'd have to drive to everything or be taken.

June 30, 2018

By Barbara

Villa Grande on Saxon was attractive and beautiful. The staff was very gracious. They left a very good impression on me. Everything they did was top notch, but I knew I wouldn't be happy there. They only had a caterer come in several times a week. They had a small shop where you buy sandwiches.

November 29, 2017

By Rick

Villa Grande on Saxon was a very nice place, but it was very costly. Otherwise, it would be the place I'd choose. They showed me a 2-bedroom apartment and it was very nice. All the people there were very nice. The lady who assisted me was very informative, very nice, and very friendly.

March 29, 2017

By BB374240

Villa Grande on Saxon is the one that I think I will go to if and when my homes sell. It seemed very clean. I peeked in corners and closets as I looked around, and from what I saw, it looked pretty well-kept and clean. I was impressed with the fact that I could still cook my own meals in my room, but there was a breakfast brunch available if I wanted to have that every morning. There were ample parking places for me to have my car if I still want my car. I just was very impressed with Villa Grande. The one thing I was concerned about was the rent. I think the rent was about $1,500 a month, and I thought that it was good. Then she told me that I’d have to pay for my electric, my water, and my cable. I was kind of concerned about that, but it is not going to keep me from going. The lady that showed me around was very nice. I like the fact that the people who live there had freedom to go down in like a little living room watching TV together if they wanted to, and the lady said they played cards. I supposed there were 10 people sitting down in the living room area watching TV. I talked to some of them, and they were friendly. I really had a good feeling about the people there and the fact that they have a van that takes you to places 3 times a week, and they’ll drop you off at Wal-mart or wherever you want or take you to the doctor or whatever you need. I was very impressed because it was in an area close to shopping and places to have lunch and stuff. I just had an overall good feeling.

August 21, 2015

We are happy where we are. Villa Grande is comfortable, and it is roomy and satisfying in every way. We have been here for almost three years. They do have certain things like they have arrangements for shopping and stuff like that.

May 08, 2015

By Ken42

Villa Grande was excellent. I have lived there for two years. The rooms were all colorfully painted. They painted them nice and bright colors. They had walk-in showers. The housekeeping was excellent, and it was well maintained. The staff was also excellent. They were wonderful people, and they care about the people. They had planned activities for the seniors, and they had an exercise room, a pool, a sauna, a hot tub, a beauty salon, and free breakfast. They also had special activities during the holidays for the residents and their families. It was a really great place.

September 30, 2014

By Felipe1

I was able to visit Villa Grande on Saxon. It's a brand new community, and the staff was able to help me a lot in answering every question I have. It's a very special community, but very expensive.

October 28, 2013

By Caring72030350

We were in Villa Grande on Saxon and at that time it was a craft day where they had a craft fair and stuff like that. The residents were okay and they were all right. They seemed happy and content; however, I don't really think this community was for us. We went and looked at their apartments. My opinion is when you're coming from a big house and you're going into a little apartment, it's a lot different. It's a hard thing to get adjusted to. There was not really enough storage space and they didn't have any attached garages. However, their apartment looked well-kept.

October 15, 2013

By Jana_703

My mother currently lives in this beautiful assisted living complex and is very happy with responsiveness of the personnel that work at Villa Grande. I had the pleasure of speaking Rob at Cambridge Management today. He is the owner of the management company that ensures the superlative administration at Villa Grande. Rob went WAY above and beyond the call of duty today to assist us in an ongoing matter that involves a business that has been harassing mother prior to her move to Villa Grande. I have had many dealings with various management companies and this is by far the best experience I have ever had. Believe me, the management company matters and this one is superb. Not only is management excellent, but Villa Grande has beautiful, secure grounds with a large security fence and gate that opens with a transponder given only to residents. A beautiful dining room, good food and a very responsive plant manager that deals with issues whether they occur during the day or evening hours. Quite simply, Villa Grande is one of the best 55 + independent living communities in Volusia County.

September 17, 2013

By Rey12

We are living in a 55 and older apartment for those who are supposedly active adults. There are 15 apartments per floor, 60 apartments in the building and there are two buildings. There is a manager with two or three people on staff. They supplied a certain amount of food but we also have a kitchen so we utilized our kitchen more. It's a two bedroom, two-bathroom apartment with a living room and dining room area. The apartment is really beautiful and probably the nicest one around this area. It's close to medical facilities and shopping. The residents are very friendly and we've been living here for two years.

July 30, 2013

By Jacquelyn2

Villa Grande is absolutely gorgeous. The kitchen's got granite countertops; the whole nine yards. They got pool, a facility where you play cards, a fitness center which I need and go to because the pool helps my back. It's got everything.

Costs for Villa Grande on Saxon

Photos of Villa Grande on Saxon

Services and Amenities of Villa Grande on Saxon

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites.
  • Housing Extra: Special Activities May Have Additional Charges.

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed.

• Get Costs

About Villa Grande on Saxon

The community you've always dreamed of and the home you've earned!

A beautiful home without the burden of home ownership. Access to a multi-million dollar clubhouse. Being surrounded by friends and neighbors who enjoy the same lifestyle that you do. Go ahead. You’ve earned it. And it can all be found at the new Villa Grande on Saxon.

Located just minutes from Orlando and Daytona Beach, yet far enough away to still provide that small-town feeling its residents love, Villa Grande on Saxon is located in beautiful Orange City, Florida.

One and two bedroom deluxe rental apartment homes surround the heart and soul of Villa Grande on Saxon - its multi-million dollar, 11,000 square foot clubhouse. The center of life at Villa Grande, the clubhouse features a variety of amenities to ensure residents enjoy life to the fullest.

As active seniors, your needs and desires are unique. Home ownership is not necessarily a priority – enjoying life is. Villa Grande on Saxon offers seniors the convenience, services and flexibility that can only be found in rental communities. Enjoying new friendships and activities will be top priority – not mowing lawns and maintaining homes. And unlike many other seniors’ communities, Villa Grande operates under a traditional lease agreement and does not require an upfront entry fee – an affordable benefit! Residents can choose from various daily activities at Villa Grande on Saxon, including outings to local athletic, theater and community events, exercise classes and game nights.

And participation in a comprehensive wellness program provides all those who live here more than just exercise, this program is designed to strengthen the mind, body and spirit.

Villa Grande on Saxon - A new standard in senior living in Central Florida

The heart and soul of Villa Grande on Saxon is its multi-million dollar, 11,000 square foot clubhouse. Here’s a place where you can meet old friends or make new ones, share good times and a good story, master a new hobby or sharpen your skills on an old one.

Map of Villa Grande on Saxon