Grand Villa of New Port Richey

Reviews of Grand Villa of New Port Richey

Assisted Living Reviews for Grand Villa of New Port Richey

January 24, 2021

By Christine

I have a friend in the Grand Villa of New Port Richey. It's pretty excellent, the room is quite big, but they had a set price. The staff was very good, everybody was very good there, they had a proper chef in the dining area which looked like a restaurant, and was very, very clean. I tried the food, and that was good. The room was bare, you put your own stuff in, so it's up to you how you do that room. You just bring your own furniture.

January 20, 2021

By Christine

Grand Villa of New Port Richey is a much older facility, it's in the middle of town. The staff was really, really nice, and there were some structured small activities. The big thing was the cost, you're talking almost $1000 more a month. We looked at the 1-bedrooms and they were very nice. The big concern for my mother was the shower because it was a step-up.

December 24, 2020

By ReviewerAT1111

I liked the Grand Villa of New Port Richey. It's a 5-story building, and each level is a different level of care, and they had physical therapy on site, they had the beautician come in, the podiatrist come in, the dermatologist come in, they have a movie theater in the building. It is very nice, the staff is very friendly, it's very clean, the apartments are very nice, it's very active, they have a lot going on, and a church right there as well. The only downfall was they do not have a swimming pool, and my parents living on the beach are used to swimming and exercising. They also have a cafe where the residents just wanna go in and get tea, or coffee, muffins, or crackers, and they have the ability to do that as well.

March 14, 2020

By Mysite

Clean and well organized

November 16, 2019

By James

We weren't too happy with Grand Villa of New Port Richey because of the rooms' size and the building is quite old. They have a game room where they play numerous different games. They also have a pet that they keep there for the residents to visit with. Their TV room was the game room. Their apartments were really small and they had no place to store your items. Their level of care seems to be pretty good.

June 19, 2019

By Reviewer053019

Grand Villa is the one that I like most. It's the best one. The person who showed me around was very nice. It was a clean and nice building. The rooms were studio apartments. They had a lobby where residents could gather.

August 20, 2018

By Sheila

Grand Villa of New Port Richey was very nice. They had a one-bedroom with a living room, a small kitchenette, a microwave, a small refrigerator, and a big bathroom. They have nurses and the staff members were very nice. They have a nice restaurant, and the food was delicious. It's just kind of expensive. They were under construction at the time.

January 30, 2018

By Debbie

My father is living in Grand Villa of New Port Richey. He's been very well taken care of. The staff is excellent. His room is very spacious. The food is good. They have activities. They have movies, Bingo, transportation, happy hour, a religion history class, a book club, cards, crafts, games, and all that. They have something going on all the time.

March 29, 2017

By John577087

They seemed to really care about the residents at Grand Villa. They try to see to it that they come down for meals and all that kind of stuff. They don’t just forget about them but try to bring them in and make them part of the community; that was what impressed me the most about them. They were very friendly and accommodating. I guess we didn’t really need that much accommodation at that time, but they were quite friendly. It seemed like the residents were friendly, and the staff was friendly. I didn’t see a problem with the cleanliness. They’ve got construction going on right now, so the parking lot outside was kind of a mess where they’ve got construction equipment, lumber, door frames, and all that stuff taking up a lot of the parking spaces. As far as the inside, it was good.

January 10, 2017

By Sandra836688

Grand Villa is under renovation right now because it needs it pretty badly. They seem to have a nice staff, but the location is not the best. The outdoor area for people who like to go out and sit is not adequate, and there isn't room to expand. The rooms are spacious but drab. I saw an activity room, but there was nothing special about it.

August 17, 2016

By Penny207514

It seemed small. My mother loves to read, and they didn't have much in the way of books, but they did have crafts, although my mom is not crazy about those kinds of things. The people were very nice. The young man that was at the door was a very nice young man, and everybody was really nice.

January 29, 2014

By Tyler4

It was recommended and it offered the feature we were looking for that’s why we chose it for mom. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The environment is very clean.

Memory Care Reviews for Grand Villa of New Port Richey

October 25, 2019

By Kiersten Lapp

I thought this group would be the perfect place to write a review of the Grand Villa of New Port Richey in case anyone was looking for a local place to help take care of their loved one. My grandfather lived on the memory care floor for about 15 months, but passed away in August. My mom and I visited at least 6 times a week, stayed for hours at a time, and were involved in activities with the residents so we saw a lot of what went on. We found people and things we loved in this place and people and things we did not. However, at the end of my grandfather's life things took a turn at the facility and we had nothing but problems. We talked to many people there about our issues and things only got worse. After my grandfather passed, I wrote a google review and a facebook review on their page. We continued to visit the residents on the second floor because after 15 months, we had built a relationship with them. We would visit and bring them pretzels, muffins, etc. Today, my mom and I went to help the residents paint pumpkins but didn't make it to the second floor before the director of the facility told us we were no longer welcome there because of my negative review. I was told I should change my review and make it more positive but I refused. Kicking people out of the facility who actually care for the resident's well-being is a terrible reaction to an honest review. Take my review and make your facility better because of it, don't punish my family and your residents because you don't like hearing the truth. I'd be happy to change my review if I saw changes within the facility. But no, I won't change my review just to gain access to the building. People should read honest reviews, not just the ones the Grand Villa of NPR approves of and the ones their employees put on there. Constructive criticism can be a useful tool to help make improvements, but unfortunately this facility likes to bury bad reviews and ignore the problems.

We're so sorry you had this experience. We've undergone a lot of change since then, and we welcome any feedback from our residents, their family members and their friends. Please don't hesitate to reach out to the Executive Director or our corporate offices. Our goal is to provide seniors with a caring, safe residence that truly looks like home and feels like family. We're working hard to achieve that and more on a daily basis.
See all Memory Care reviews (5) See fewer reviews

Costs for Grand Villa of New Port Richey

Photos of Grand Villa of New Port Richey

Services and Amenities of Grand Villa of New Port Richey

• Housing Extra: Shared Living

• Pets: Yes

• State Licenses: #4832

About Grand Villa of New Port Richey

Welcome to the new Grand Villa of New Port Richey! Our lovely assisted living and memory care community in New Port Richey, Florida, is just north of Tarpon Springs in Pasco County. Grand Villa is a resort style community with fabulous features and amenities designed to help our residents enjoy life to the fullest!

The different levels of care that Grand Villa of New Port Richey offers, include Assisted Living, Memory Care, Respite Care and Senior Day Program. Our all-inclusive monthly rate covers medication management, social and recreational activities, delicious chef prepared meals, restaurant-style dining, housekeeping, apartment maintenance and so much more!

We can offer your family many of the same amenities and great quality of care as the expensive larger chain communities at a fraction of their cost.

Map of Grand Villa of New Port Richey