Grand Villa of New Port Richey

Reviews of Grand Villa of New Port Richey

Assisted Living Reviews for Grand Villa of New Port Richey

June 19, 2019

By Reviewer053019

Grand Villa is the one that I like most. It's the best one. The person who showed me around was very nice. It was a clean and nice building. The rooms were studio apartments. They had a lobby where residents could gather.

August 20, 2018

By Sheila

Grand Villa of New Port Richey was very nice. They had a one-bedroom with a living room, a small kitchenette, a microwave, a small refrigerator, and a big bathroom. They have nurses and the staff members were very nice. They have a nice restaurant, and the food was delicious. It's just kind of expensive. They were under construction at the time.

January 30, 2018

By Debbie

My father is living in Grand Villa of New Port Richey. He's been very well taken care of. The staff is excellent. His room is very spacious. The food is good. They have activities. They have movies, Bingo, transportation, happy hour, a religion history class, a book club, cards, crafts, games, and all that. They have something going on all the time.

March 29, 2017

By John577087

They seemed to really care about the residents at Grand Villa. They try to see to it that they come down for meals and all that kind of stuff. They don’t just forget about them but try to bring them in and make them part of the community; that was what impressed me the most about them. They were very friendly and accommodating. I guess we didn’t really need that much accommodation at that time, but they were quite friendly. It seemed like the residents were friendly, and the staff was friendly. I didn’t see a problem with the cleanliness. They’ve got construction going on right now, so the parking lot outside was kind of a mess where they’ve got construction equipment, lumber, door frames, and all that stuff taking up a lot of the parking spaces. As far as the inside, it was good.

January 10, 2017

By Sandra836688

Grand Villa is under renovation right now because it needs it pretty badly. They seem to have a nice staff, but the location is not the best. The outdoor area for people who like to go out and sit is not adequate, and there isn't room to expand. The rooms are spacious but drab. I saw an activity room, but there was nothing special about it.

October 10, 2016

By Bhorrowitz

As a family member, I am extremely pleased with the new ownership that assumed control of the former New Port Inn. In only a few short weeks since taking over the newly named Grand Villa of New Port Richey, I have noticed a significant change in this community. The people here are incredibly caring, extremely attentive to the needs of my Mom, and take the time to ensure that she is happy and fulfilled. We have been told that many exciting renovations are planned to dramatically improve both the rooms and the common areas. I went on the websites of the other Grand Villa properties in Pinellas County and they all look really beautiful. Can’t wait to see what they do here!

August 17, 2016

By Penny207514

New Port Inn seemed small. My mother loves to read, and they didnt have much in the way of books, but they did have crafts, although my mom is not crazy about those kinds of things. The people were very nice. The young man that was at the door was a very nice young man, and everybody was really nice.

June 18, 2016

By Grace234578

I didn't like New Port Inn. It smelled of urine, and I didn't care for the areas where they eat. It was in a very bad neighborhood. They need to improve on the odors.

I'm so sorry you didn't enjoy your visit; our property is located in downtown New Port Richey which, while it does have some areas that are in need of improvement, also has very quaint and well managed homes and an up and coming main street. Our prices reflect the geographic area we are located so that our neighbors on a more fixed income than say someone living in a higher financial demographic can afford quality care and a nice environment. You will find as you tour that the properties in the upper scale areas come with a price tag to match. I'm not sure what you mean by 'the places they eat', there's really only one main dining room which we've gotten rave reviews on and a smaller dining area on the 3rd floor for those who need more assistance. We have never had a complaint about odors, in fact quite the contrary most people comment on how clean it smells and is. It is entirely possible however, that your visit coincided with an accident of some kind and it was just poor timing. Unfortunately, incontinence is part of the reason some of our family is here - it is sadly sometimes a natural part of aging. When this occurs our housekeeping and resident care staff step into action to rectify the situation swiftly but again, my apologies as it sounds like simply unfortunate timing. You may and likely will find that from time to time, no matter how upscale the community- you incur those odors in every assisted type setting. We wish you all the very best in finding the right community for you.

March 28, 2016

By Angie19

New Port Inn was pretty old. They had activities, but parking was very inadequate. Their restaurant was nicely decorated, but the rooms were small. They weren’t allowed to bring their food up to their rooms, which I didn’t think was appropriate. If they’re living independently, there’s no reason why they have to have their meals in the dining room.

Thank you for entering your review and I'm sorry if you misunderstood or received any misinformation. Our residents are more than welcome to prepare anything they wish to in their apartments, they have the ability to setup a small kitchen area if that is their wish (as we have in our model apartment which includes a microwave, coffee maker, refrigerator and they're welcome to utilize a toaster oven etc.) That is a completely personal choice of the resident and/or their family. We provide transportation to the store weekly for groceries. We also offer room service for a nominal fee of $5 (room service is of course complimentary if they are ill and feel too under the weather to go to the dining room). We have 2 floor plans, I presume you saw the private studio which is a standard size for that type of room but there is also a very spacious one bedroom. That apartment offers a kitchenette area, a large living room and extremely spacious bedroom, each with it's own temperature control and each with it's own access to the bathroom. The one bedroom floor plans are approximately 450 sq feet and quite roomy. Our apologies if you experienced any parking challenges during your visit, we typically have no issues or concerns with parking but we have been a bit busier lately which may account for the challenge during your visit. Thank you for visiting with us and we would be happy to show you around again at any time.

December 28, 2015

By Caring Son21

New Port Inn is a smaller, clean, well-staffed facility. The people were very nice.

September 29, 2015

I quite liked The New Port Inn; I thought it would be a good fit for my father. He liked the facility, but I think the whole idea of moving was too overwhelming for him. The organization seemed good; it seemed clean. The staff seemed to be very interested in the residents; I was watching them interacting with some of them, and they seemed to be both helpful and informative. We tried the food; it was good, and they had a variety of things. The only thing I didn’t like but I do understand why they did that is they assign you to either an early lunch or a later lunch because the facility isn’t big enough to take care of everyone at once. I thought it was very reasonably priced, and what they offered was very good for the price. I would recommend that people look at the facility and make their own decision about it.

September 17, 2015

By Diane113125950

I went to the New Port Inn. The staff there was good. The food was reasonable. It was good, but they could improve because some of the staff was not very good. They get involved, but some people could be not very friendly. They do not want to be bothered. Maybe the staff should get more involved like take people out, do more activities with them, and get them up and moving around, instead of just sitting around.

November 23, 2014

By Kathleen45

My aunt is in New Port Inn, and she wants to stay there so we stopped looking. It is very clean, friendly, and the people look really happy; I am just very comfortable with it. The staff is very caring and knowledgeable. The grounds are very well taken care of, and the facility is a little dated but it’s very clean. It doesn’t have very fancy chandeliers -- but they are very well-maintained -- and the atmosphere is comfortable. They have a social hour on Fridays, they had like an ice cream social once a week with little activities, and they do have a calendar with different things. I have tried their meals, and it was very good. I would recommend the facility.

January 29, 2014

By Tyler4

Newport Inn Assisted Living was recommended and it offered the feature we were looking for that’s why we chose it for mom. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The environment is very clean.

June 22, 2012

By jsdspif

My mother and I have toured many of the local assisted living facilities before making our choice for my grandparents. We found New Port Inn to be one of the most comfortable facilities in our local area. The staff is very friendly highly trained and caring, the staff is always willing to help and the activities provided for patients are fun and stimulating, cards, bingo, guest singers, memory games, crafts and music and dancing. The facility offers many outings for residents, church, shopping, going out to eat. The facilities main dining area is large and beautifully decorated. The building is upkept very nice inside and out, rooms are clean and you are always greeted by a warm friendly smile of the on duty receptionist. My grandmother's only real complaint has been about the food, but over all, we are all very happy with our choice and I would recommend anyone in need of a trustworthy place for a loved one to check out this facility.

Memory Care Reviews for Grand Villa of New Port Richey

Costs for Grand Villa of New Port Richey

Photos of Grand Villa of New Port Richey

Services and Amenities of Grand Villa of New Port Richey

• Housing Extra: Shared Living

• Pets: Yes

• State Licenses: #4832

About Grand Villa of New Port Richey

Welcome to the new Grand Villa of New Port Richey! Our lovely assisted living and memory care community in New Port Richey, Florida, is just north of Tarpon Springs in Pasco County. Grand Villa is a resort style community with fabulous features and amenities designed to help our residents enjoy life to the fullest!

The different levels of care that Grand Villa of New Port Richey offers, include Assisted Living, Memory Care, Respite Care and Senior Day Program. Our all-inclusive monthly rate covers medication management, social and recreational activities, delicious chef prepared meals, restaurant-style dining, housekeeping, apartment maintenance and so much more!

We can offer your family many of the same amenities and great quality of care as the expensive larger chain communities at a fraction of their cost.

Map of Grand Villa of New Port Richey