Grand Villa of Lakeland

Reviews of Grand Villa of Lakeland

Assisted Living Reviews for Grand Villa of Lakeland

September 16, 2021

By cmarch

Exceptionally clean. Very friendly and caring staff. Residents all smiles and seems to be happy. Rooms set up very nice. Dinning room the best I have seen with several options. Many activities.

April 16, 2021

By P.S.

My father just moved into Grand Villa of Lakeland yesterday. He just got there, so he's trying to adjust. The staff has been very good. They have a coffee area, a dining room, and an activities area. They also have some outdoor spaces to relax and do gardening. They have a bus they take people out in. For activities, they have music, arts and crafts, bingo, movie nights, and trivia.

March 05, 2021

By Richard

My father-in-law is staying at Grand Villa of Lakeland. We chose it because it's close to us, they have a great staff there, and they have a lot of veterans there for him to talk and reminisce with. It all worked out pretty well for him. The staff is great. We haven't eaten anything, but he's not complaining, and he says the food is good. The facility is good too, they have nice rooms and the building is well maintained. They don't have any issues. They have activities, they do the best they can given the situation with COVID, but they pretty much eliminate any exterior activities like taking them to the movies and taking them around. They just can't do them right now.

November 10, 2020

By B.A.

We were so surprised with how much Grand Villa of Lakeland has changed because we had visited this location when it was owned by someone else. Whoever bought it this time did a wonderful job of refurbishing and remodelling. I liked how they had their set up. It's just that the rooms were small and it was too expensive. The location is OK. It's easy to reach and close to the hospital. Getting information from one person and then a different one would cut the communication. There was a misunderstanding when we went and we applied. We gave all the information on my mom, we were interested and thought we could do it, but it turned out to be a different story when we spoke to someone else. They really need to be on the same page, because we were disappointed when we found out that my mom could not be there. They spoke of their amenities. On the outside it's deceiving because when you go inside it's totally different. The way it's set up is a little weird, but the inside is really well-kept, clean, and there were no smells.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your visit to our community. I invite you to personally reach out to me, the Executive Director, so that I can hear more about your experience and how we can approve upon it in the future. Sincerely, Tyrus Hawkins

October 05, 2019

By Mary

Grand Villa of Lakeland is wonderful. The people are fantastic. We could not be happier. My friend and his wife are now in the assisted living section of this community. The rooms are very clean and very nice. The atmosphere is very pleasant. Everyone is always smiling there, which is what really convinced us to go with Grand Villa. Everyone smiles all the time, everyone is communicating, and everyone is very friendly. All the residents are always smiling too. The food is OK. They have a full schedule of activities on a daily basis. They go on field trips, and I see people working in the activities area on a daily basis doing different things. Grand Villa is all on one floor.

July 27, 2019

By Mary

We visited the assisted living and memory care of Grand Villa, everything was very nice, but it was more expensive than the others, and it was beyond our budget. The staff was very helpful, and gave us a lot of information. The dining area seemed really clean, and it was like a restaurant. I saw a shared room, it had built-in drawers, and a lot of closet space, so that seemed very nice as well.

February 19, 2019

By Ann

Grand Villa of Lakeland's assistance for my mom has been sometimes not so good and sometimes OK, so it's hit and miss. My mom has a private room which will cost you an additional $95 a month and there are a lot of hidden fees. They have fairly decent activities, which I have no complaints about. They have a beauty salon, which I think is overpriced, and I was shocked when I saw the prices, which made me think it was some kind of celebrity salon.

July 02, 2018

By Wendy

Grand Villa of Lakeland had an outstanding staff. They had just about everything that they need on board, including security and a chef. The rooms were clean and fresh, and there's somebody there 24 hours a day. The staff was friendly and attentive. They have outings, a hairdresser, laundry, pill management, and extended memory care. Everybody that we talked to seemed happy. The residents were very outgoing and they will come up and talk to you as well. They all seem to love being there. They should just have a bigger parking lot. I would definitely recommend them. The food was really good. They carry beepers so they know where the residents are and they know if they've gone missing or if they've slipped. The facility was clean and everything they needed was in there. They can go on day trips, but they also have activities inside the facility. They really don't need to leave. They have medical care come in.

January 09, 2018

By Barbara

My father went to Grand Villa of Lakeland. His room was very nice and was just right for what he needed. It was clean and the people working there were happy people who liked their jobs. They had an exercise program, food program, doctors, dermatologist, and foot doctor on-site. They sent out a calendar to me so I could see what was happening every day. They had a lot of activities planned. I was very happy with the care that he received there. He passed away after a month, but he recieved good care while he was there. They had a menu, and you could get a full portion or smaller portions depending on what you wanted, like soup, salad, and dessert. Everybody sat at individual tables of four with tablecloths. They had an exercise room where they did exercises together with someone up front leading them, and they also walked the halls. One day, they had a couple of dogs that got married, so they had a big ceremony and everybody was excited taking pictures and following the bride and groom dogs down the hall. They had a snowball fight with cotton balls, bingo, and all kinds of activities for the people living there. The staff was very caring, very nice, and helpful people. It was very clean and didn't smell. It's expensive, but you get what you pay for.

May 08, 2017

By Darlene237782

Grand Villa of Lakeland was very small, which I liked. Everyone seemed friendly, and the room was a nice size. The price was reasonable, and they offered all the services included in the price that they quoted for her staying there. They had memory care. The staff was very nice and took them to different places in the community.

March 28, 2017

By Ron277345

Grand Villa of Lakeland is very nice, and I'm happy and satisfied at this point. It's very clean, and my wife is well taken care of. She doesn't have complaints with the food, but she has to eat at meal time and snack time. She can't just go get whatever she wants whenever she wants it, and that took her a little while to get used to, but she's adjusted. They have an activity therapist that’s assigned to memory care who also works with assisted living. I am very impressed with her because she's well trained, gets to know all the patients personally, and knows what she's doing. The nurses help out a lot in the activities. They have a director of memory care who also handles some activities as well as a person who comes in on weekends to provide some activities for memory care. I am really happy with the staff; they’re really a strong point. They have quite a few housekeepers as well who work as a team to do what needs to get done. The only minor criticism I have was that administratively, no one explained what was in the patient's manual for families, so there were some things that I found out by experience, such as the laundry and visiting doctors.

December 30, 2016

By Mel533230

My dad has been in Grand Villa for a while now. It's one level with 64 units, and he is getting extremely good care for less money. He has a really nice, remodeled single room with a bathroom. They come and get him for breakfast or dinner. They supply all the bathroom soap. They have levels A, B and C and have an in-house medical doctor. The food is not bad, and they read the menus to them or whatever he needs. They are really attentive. They have little parties for everybody.

December 16, 2016

By Tom027118

Grand Villa of Lakeland had remodeled an older building, so it's not a particularly fancy place but everything was new, fresh, and well appointed overall. The exteriors are not something you'd pull up and say, "This looks great," but it's well maintained. They just put in new landscaping and paint. Overall, I was very pleased. Inside was nice and comfortable. They had a grand opening with a special offer, and value-wise, it looked like the best for meeting the needs for my wife. Her care was excellent. I didn't have any problems whatsoever. The surroundings and exteriors were the only negative. They had a dining area and the other half of it was a room for activities and exercises. They had a big living room or social area with a TV where the patients congregated. One of the nice things is that they had a bus for folks to do field trips, which is an important factor.

October 11, 2016

By Lakeland050102

We did go and look at Grand Villa of Lakeland for my mother-in-law. It was wonderful. It was a wonderful place. It was OK, but it was not as nice as the other one we looked at, and it was actually more expensive. It wasn’t like an apartment. They had basically taken the rooms from when it was a nursing home, remodeled them, and put in small sinks and refrigerators. It was OK. Actually my aunt is there, and as far as she is concerned, there’s nothing wrong with it. It’s very nice, but for my mother-in-law, she needed something that was a little less like a nursing home. The staff was wonderful. The price was higher than the other place we looked at.

Thanks for taking the time to tour our newly renovated community. We are excited to offer spacious private and companion apartments that have new flooring both carpet and vinyl along with multi-functional kitchenettes. Both of our courtyards have been completely redone with a fountain in our memory care unit, planters for a garden, and several sitting areas for our residents to socialize and enjoy the outside weather. We just held our Grand Opening/Ribbon cutting on Oct 19th which was shortly after your tour. We would love for you to come back out and see the completed renovation. Again thank you for your review we are always grateful to receive feedback from anyone visiting our community!

August 28, 2014

By Sarah29

It was very nice. It was clean. The lobby was gorgeous. The furniture in there was something else. The facility is right on the main road and that main road is the same road that goes past the hospital and lots of clinics. What I like best about this one is the overall appearance and the people. They were very nice. Also, they had parking facilities for the people living there. Location was good too except that it was on that busy road, but it was very close to medical facilities, which I always think is a good idea.

Memory Care Reviews for Grand Villa of Lakeland

December 25, 2019

By C.B.

My father moved into Grand Villa of Lakeland. The staff is excellent, they're all friendly, helpful, and my dad loves it there. His room is great. Sometimes he likes the food, and sometimes he doesn't. The dining area is really nice; they always make sure he goes to the dining room, and that's really good.
See all Memory Care reviews (5) See fewer reviews

Questions about Grand Villa of Lakeland

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Our team members receive monthly in services on how to best meet the needs of our residents.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Grand Villa of Lakeland. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The age range of our residents is quite diverse, with the average age being 80-85. Our residents really enjoy crafting, entertainers, and our theme meals.

What programs or activities does Grand Villa of Lakeland offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We offer a variety of activities, with the goal of providing something for everyone! Some resident favorites are bingo, crafting, lunch outings, and massage therapy.

What places are near Grand Villa of Lakeland or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

While we aren't within walking distance of many places, we make sure to provide plenty of opportunities to go on bus outings to various locations, including restaurants, shops, the movie theater, and other fun places.

What transportation services does Grand Villa of Lakeland offer to assisted living residents?

Residents enjoy complementary transportation to scheduled outings and shopping trips, as well as individual doctors appointments in the surrounding area.

What makes the chef or dining program at Grand Villa of Lakeland exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We offer delicious, home-style meals for our residents to enjoy each day. Some of our unique dining programs include passport dining, theme meals, and Tasty Traditions. Tasty Traditions gives our residents the opportunity to submit their own signature recipes to our chef, who will then prepare the item for all the residents to enjoy!

What safety features or security measures does Grand Villa of Lakeland offer to assisted living residents?

Each resident receives a pendant that can be worn as a necklace or bracelet, that will alert our staff at the push of a button if they need emergency assistance. There are also pull cords located next to each residents bed and in the restrooms of each apartment.

How does Grand Villa of Lakeland keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We believe in open communication with family members, and promise to keep you updated about your loved one. We also welcome all questions, concerns, and recommendations from our residents loved ones, and encourage you to reach out at any time.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Grand Villa of Lakeland during daytime and nighttime hours?

Our assisted living is staffed well above state requirements in an effort to help ensure that each resident receives excellent care, personalized activities, and one on one interactions throughout the day.

If Grand Villa of Lakeland accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

The pets that call Grand Villa of Lakeland home are warmly welcomed throughout the community, with the exception of the dining rooms, and can enjoy the patio area as well as the dock walk area in the front of the building.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Our memory care is staffed well above state requirements in an effort to help ensure that each resident receives excellent care, personalized activities, and one on one interactions throughout the day.

What safety features or security measures does Grand Villa of Lakeland provide to protect residents who wander?

In addition to the safety that our secure memory care provides, each resident receives a Safety Net device, which provides an additional layer of protection and helps our team and local law enforcement to locate a resident in the event they should leave the community.

What programs or activities does Grand Villa of Lakeland offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Our memory care programing features a variety of activities to draw in each resident. They frequently enjoy exercise, sensory stimulation, and reminiscing through activities that are specially designed for people with Alzheimer's and dementia. Our rabbit, Honey Bunny, visits with residents each day, and we frequently go on outings such as fishing trips, garden strolls, and even mini golfing.

Our resident care supervisor assesses each resident prior to move in, and again after any hospitalizations or changes in condition. We also work closely with home health agencies, hospice providers, and physicians to make sure that each residents specific needs are addressed, and to monitor their health and wellbeing.

What techniques does Grand Villa of Lakeland use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Our memory care residents enjoy a fine dining experience, and are given the opportunity to choose their own meals. We provide multiple snacking opportunities throughout the day, and work with a registered dietician to ensure that the options provided to our residents meet their nutritional needs.

How does Grand Villa of Lakeland keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Describe the neighborhood around Grand Villa of Lakeland. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Our community is located right next to Joker Marchant Stadium, and just a short drive away from many local restaurants, shops, and other activities that our residents enjoy frequent outings to.

Is Grand Villa of Lakeland affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We are located one mile away from Lakeland Regional Hospital, which allows for quick care in the event of emergencies.

Costs for Grand Villa of Lakeland

Photos of Grand Villa of Lakeland

Services and Amenities of Grand Villa of Lakeland

• Companion Suites: Yes
  • Housing Extra: Large Studios

• Dining Extra: Restaurant Style Dining Three Times Daily, Dining Programs Feature A Wide Variety Of Menu Choices, Available Special Diets, And A Selection Of Tasty Snacks Available Throughout The Day

• Tai Chi

• Staff Patient Ratio: 10 To 1
  • Minimum Age: None
  • Pets: Yes

About Grand Villa of Lakeland

Welcome to the new Grand Villa of Lakeland, our lovely assisted living community in Lakeland, Florida, centrally located between Orlando and Tampa. Grand Villa is a resort style community with fabulous features and amenities, designed to help our residents enjoy life to the fullest! The lifestyle options, which Grand Villa of Lakeland offers, include Assisted Living, Memory Care, Respite Care and Senior Day Program. Our all-inclusive monthly rate covers medication management, social and recreational activities, delicious chef prepared meals, restaurant-style dining, housekeeping, apartment maintenance and so much more!

Every day is filled with fun at Grand Villa. Our full-time Activities Coordinator plans activities, parties, classes, lectures and excursions that are entertaining and engaging. Daily options include a variety of exercise classes and activities that promote flexibility and encourage independence. Grand Villa's friendly environment encourages residents to relax and enjoy life. Our comfortable apartments range from studios to deluxe studios with kitchenettes. All apartments are individually climate controlled with private bathrooms, equipped with safety features and are available as private or companion accommodations.

Map of Grand Villa of Lakeland