Lake Mary Health and Rehabilitation Center

Reviews of Lake Mary Health and Rehabilitation Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Lake Mary Health and Rehabilitation Center

February 15, 2018

By sandy bove

Lovely facility. Staff is caring and responsive great experience

November 27, 2017

By Scotty A

My mother said it best, "I wouldn't put a dog in that place." The facility is filthy, the staff is either rude or clueless or both. One of the nurses brought my father medication and when asked what he was giving him he said, "I can't remember." "You can't remember?" "I've got 30 people I'm giving meds to, I can't keep it all straight." We were nearly too shocked to respond. We were told it was a "5-Star" facility. My father said, "I'd hate to see what a 3-star place is like." We had to contact my father's oncologist *on Thanksgiving day* to get him taken back to the ER (he was admitted a few hours later due to his declining condition.) He came out worse than he went in. If the hospital recommends this place to you or your family, simply refuse. I wish we had known and could have done that. I hope whoever runs that disgusting place and takes money from insurance companies has difficulty sleeping at night. They should.

November 03, 2017

By Not a good place for care..

My mother was brought to that facility, five years ago, then my father got ill shortly after. My parents always been a loving couple, the have demonstrated to be in love despite their over 50 plus years happily married. During my mother first 4 years in the facility, she wasca able to maintain her average weight, she was receiving a fair care avoiding excessive driness on her back. This year for the first time during those 5 years my mother weight have gone low and lower more than never in her live. The level of care have disninished greatly to the point that recently when i was visiting her, during most of the time ny nother food was forgotten. Orvif it was taken to the room,, no one took at least a second to make my mother food accessible for her to eat. Ibdont recommend this place to no body at all. I believe that mission in a facility like that need to be, care, love, dedication understanding. No, is notva good place. Zero star rated

September 03, 2017

By mood

this place is a JOKE. my mom was there for 21 days and she was in worse shape when she left then when she went there. they were told not go give my mom oxy it makes her mental abuse worse and they gave her oxy. please never send a loved one. a friend to this place

August 06, 2017

By Shelley West

Do not leave your loved one at this place. My grandmother was left sitting in a wheelchair with a very low blood pressure and then they called their own non emergency ambulance to take her to the hospital. We ended up calling 911 so that she could go and get help. So sad that this is how they treat a patient who has a lot of family visiting. I can only imagine what happens to the patients who have no family support or visitors.

June 21, 2017

By orioles

Worst place ever! If you are sick, you will get sicker going there. My dad fell out of his bed the first night. I asked specifically for someone to watch him and to put up the railing. He was supposed to be checked every fifteen minutes. He said he laid of the floor after falling for a half an hour, bleeding from his elbow and knee. It terrified him. He had to be sent to the hospital. Most of his clothes were missing. Been a month, never been found. I called seven times. The room is so small, there is no room for a visitor.. Zero stars.

February 25, 2016

By Ladye

While I have only resided in this facility one week, I have seen the most professional and caring nurses and CNAs in three different facilities. Nurses who speak with authority and yet, have very caring personalities. CNAs who would give more loving attention if they only had time. When staff and patients work together with patience and understanding, then everyone is happier. My stay is very enjoyable and I have been treated well.

May 03, 2015

By Jok

Other

Please don't go here, not enough staff, my father fell twice the first night, he was there for rehabilitation, and had alzehehimers, needless to say he died 3 days later

April 18, 2015

By Ronald18

We chose Lake Mary Health and Rehab for my father-in-law. He was just in there for the rehab program. It was an excellent facility and clean. The folks were very courteous. The food was good. The attention to detail and the attention that the nurses and the physical therapy gave him were excellent. I would absolutely recommend them.

February 24, 2015

By Susan91400250

Lake Mary Health and Rehabilitation Center is where we had a lot of problems. Individually, the staff that they hired was all exceptionally professional -- the therapists did great therapy work, the nurses did great nursing work -- but the teamwork and the communication can undermine that so often. The social worker who was trying to help us was in tears more than once because she worked so hard to get things done, and then it all fell apart because of that poor communication. They had an interior garden -- which was really nice -- and a little butterfly garden -- which was part of the therapy area -- and my parents really loved going out and just sitting in their wheelchairs in the garden area on nice days. They had a big dining room and a big activity room, and the facilities were pretty clean, but not well managed. My father had hearing aids, for example, and we lost his pair of hearing aids three times in the short time that they were there. The staff would come in and help my dad get to the bathroom, but they wouldn't bother checking to see that his hearing aid fell out because that wasn't their job, and then the cleaning staff would come in and clean it up and put it on the nurses' station, but they wouldn't tell the nurses it was there or who it belonged to.

July 03, 2014

By UnclesNiece

Other

They got a check for the month of May $7080 to admit my Uncle after a stroke and my Uncle died 4 days after his admission. We have email/called several times to get the $6,000+ refund and have no one get back in contact with me. As Executor of the estate - I cannot complete settlement since I do not have the refund check as of this date 7/3/14. I think they have ample time to comply!!!!!!!!

February 01, 2014

By Stan5

Lake Mary is a great place, very clean, friendly staff. The staff's work ethics is very good. The rooms are nice. They do exercise, they have a library there. They have a staff that is attentive.

November 28, 2012

By Eleanor1

The hospital where my husband was at placed him in rehab at Lake Mary. He's getting therapy there. The facility is fair and actually very clean. I find the staff quite fine, but food isn't very good.

June 25, 2012

By alzheimersdaughter

Alzheimers part of this rehab/alzheimers facility has very old beds, however rehab part is fine. Nursing staff at alzheimers section are good but admissions took 2 weeks to provide enrollment/orientation papers for signing. Alzheimers section seems to be a small and unimportant part of overall facility.

Services and Amenities of Lake Mary Health and Rehabilitation Center

About Lake Mary Health and Rehabilitation Center

Lake Mary Health and Rehabilitation Center is a senior living provider in Lake Mary, Florida that offers residents Nursing Homes and Nursing Homes. Contact Lake Mary Health and Rehabilitation Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Lake Mary Health and Rehabilitation Center