The Horizon Club

Reviews of The Horizon Club

Assisted Living Reviews for The Horizon Club

March 08, 2017

By Mark665186

The Horizon Club’s general appearance was OK, but the dining room looked like it needed to be redone. Some areas were more worn than others, and they were rebuilding the assisted living area, which basically looked like a hospital with only studio apartments. It was not a place I would consider putting my mom. Something they said to me that really turned me off was I explained that my mom goes to the bathroom a lot, and she could go herself but needs help getting up and they said they trained the residents to use the toilet like kids and take them to the toilet every two hours. They need to improve their attitude toward people in assisted living and give them better care so they don't feel like they are in a hospital. They had sing alongs and movies for their activities.

July 01, 2016

By Les600806

The staff at The Horizon Club was professional. The place was very clean and upgraded. They had accommodations for both assisted or for people needing full-time care, like people with Alzheimer's. Plus, they had basic things like assistance with medicine and lots of activities. It was a very nice, good-sized, clean, neat, very well organized facility with easy access for people who live there, and the rooms were very nice. It was completely remodeled and redecorated and had a lot of amenities.

October 28, 2015

The Horizon Club is beautiful, and the people seem very friendly; however, since my aunt has been there, I'm not really thrilled with the care that she has gotten. She has fallen many times. In 2 1/2 months, she has probably only stayed there maybe 15 days, because she keeps falling and they keep sending her to the hospital. I'm just really disappointed in the care that she has gotten. They misinterpreted themselves when we first initially spoke with them. They assured us that they could take care of her, and now, I'm being told that she can only stay there if I have 24-hour aide, which I have to pay for. Maybe somebody who is with better physically strength than my aunt would do well there. I've seen many of other residents who seemed very happy. Unfortunately, I guess my aunt is in a different stage, and we were told that this was not a problem, that she could be accommodated there, and it turned out she can't be. Also I don't see how they're being helpful at all. Every time my aunt is there, they would check her every two hours and then find her on the floor where she fell. Now, I have 24-hour aide there, so I don't see where they're being anything to me. The place is beautiful, and I thought it is very inviting and very uplifting, but maybe it just turns out that it is not the right fit for my aunt.

October 19, 2015

My parents are in The Horizon Club. They have a two-bedroom, two-bathroom. They have an elevator and a pool. They serve two meals a day. They have facilities there, like drug store, a hair salon and a card room. They have a beautiful entry. It is a very nice place, and kept very clean. Someone comes in once and week and does some cleaning. The staff is great, friendly, and very helpful. The food is excellent. They have speakers and entertainers coming in.

August 13, 2015

By upset at assistant living

I am writing this comment with regards to the supervisor of the Assisted Living Facility. I want to clearly state that this is not a review of the Entire community, of which I would offer great reviews. But, I need and want an outlet to describe my disgust at how I have been dealt with by Belinda, who is the supervisor of the Assisted Living. My mother is now extremely ill, and in hospice. Belinda called the hospice to tell them that she could continue to care for my mother in the club. She did this without even the courtesy to see my mother in her current state. My 91 year old mother had major surgery, and her needs are much greater than the assisted living facility can handle. Besides the hour by hour care, that would not be sufficient, the assisted living facility is undergoing extensive construction with 12 hours of noise that is at a very loud level. I cannot imagine a 91 year old women, who can no longer stand on her own two feet let alone walk, is a candidate for their care. In the 6 months that my mother was in the assisted living, I never once received a call from Belinda to let me know how my mother was doing. The one call I received was to ask me if I would like to move my mother to the more expensive section of the assisted living apartments. I could go on and on, but I don't want to strain the reader here.

July 06, 2015

We had dad at Horizon Club, and it has been a great experience so far. We chose this place because it's like an apartment style place as supposed to a hospital. I have no issues with them, and everyone is very nice and treats my father well, so that is a good thing. He also likes his apartment and the food as well.

March 19, 2015

We went to Horizon. I actually liked it, and my dad liked it too. It was very clean. The staff was very friendly. There were also younger and more active people. The rooms were in nice size. They were lacking in the sense that they didn't have a lot of live daily entertainment. They had activities, but not daily professional performers coming in. My dad was quite interested in that one. The ambience was good. It was warm and welcoming. It smelled good and clean. Everybody was friendly.

February 09, 2015

Our experience in The Horizon Club has been fantastic. The staff is really great. The rooms are really nice and have their own kitchen and bathroom. I see nothing wrong with the food. You just have to know what to eat and what not to eat. I use to call it as palatable, and I think it is getting better with more diversified stuff. They have a whole list of activities listed in their newsletter. I do trivial pursuit, a poker game on Wednesday nights, and I'm on the Resident's Council. The one thing I really like about the place is I can sleep late in the morning.

December 28, 2014

Horizon Club had so many big buildings. It was just too big that if I go to the dining room, I almost could use a horseback. It was a nice place, but it was too big. They had closer places, but the closer you go, the higher the rent, and I didn't want to pay extra just to get nearer to the dining hall. I didn't disqualify it totally, but it is second place.

March 11, 2014

By daufgter of resident

My mother has been a resident for 5 months, and her life is completely changed. She is now active, social and enjoying life again. She has many friends, plays cards, enjoys the entertainment, and is able to get to her appointments with the wonderful transportation department. The service is excellent, and all her needs are anticipated and met. The staff is extraordinary, without exception. She enjoys her new lifestyle every day!

February 27, 2014

By Melani

I think Horizon Club was one of the best that I looked at. It was kind of what we're looking for. I liked it because it had an apartment feeling, but had all the extras. There was some nice landscaping and it was well-maintained. It is a good price that came with nice amenities. It's also in a good location and easy to get to. The staff was very nice, very helpful, and very informative. They have a good maintenance department that if you have any problems, they're right there help you to fix it. You pretty much see everybody almost every day. So if ever you have a problem, they're walking around and you can ask for help. They also know you by name. The food is pretty good. They do a lot of different things, like my dad is learning Spanish. They have a men's group, they do dances, happy hour a couple of times a week where they provide free drinks to everybody that come down. They do a lot of entertainment where people would come in to play piano, concerts, formal discussions, card group that meet a couple of times a week, Bible study, and morning exercises every day. There's just a lot of different things. There's also a pool and a hot tub. You have a lot of activities to choose from. There's transportation too, which is another reason we like them.

December 24, 2013

We did a comparison between Horizon Club and another facility and Horizon Club was 10 times better. We got a lot of wonderful info for Horizon Club. At this point, were we to become disabled or whatever, we would go to Horizon. Their environment, rooms, working staff, and food were good. They have activities there too. They have a fitness center which I like. They also have happy hour, entertainment, trips and stuff like that. I found their activities very attractive. What I like best during my visit there was their willingness on their part to impart information and cost information through different stages of assisted living.

December 24, 2013

The Horizon Club was a really nice place. The facility was beautiful. The people were nice. I referred someone there and her father went in there. Two weeks ago, we had lunch and her father said, "I wish you brought me there a year earlier." He really likes it. They have lot of activities like arts and entertainment. That place was really nice. I'm thinking of going to Holland next year and I have to go and see them again to see if they could take my husband for a month. What I like best about this facility is that during the visit, they showed us around and they're very knowledgeable. It was just a warm place and I really like it.

October 29, 2013

By Thomas19

The visit at The Horizon Club was fine. We were looking for some place that has both assisted and independent living and this place has both of them. We also saw three or four different styles of rooms, both in independent and assisted living. The working attitude of the staff, as far as we know at this point and what we dealt with them, has been great. They have regular staff on board and then they have a company that works through them if you need extra help.

September 26, 2013

By James43

I was able to do a visit at Horizon Club and it was a pretty cool facility. The apartments were nice. I think the dining room was nice. The facility seemed okay, but it just didn't have that homey feel.

August 15, 2013

By Chuck Oliver

Other

I am a friend of a man who was living at The Horizon Club and recently (June 7) passed away there. I recommend The Horizon Club because he was a very difficult patient near the end and the staff was very kind and professional under very difficult circumstances. The care they gave him was matchless and he was made as comfortable as possible. Additionally, the facility is unusually pleasant, clean and airy with excellent food and service in the dining rooms. Activities were abundant and well managed.

February 19, 2013

By realtorbrian

My mother has lived at the Horizon Club for over five years. At first she was hesitant to try this type of living... but she loves it.. the lifestyle she has now is wonderful. She has great food, enjoys socializing, loves the activities, shows, lectures and exercise classes all while getting the care she needed. The staff treats her like a queen. They take care of all the residents like that. You have to see it to believe it!

Independent Living Reviews for The Horizon Club

July 13, 2015

I would be moving to Horizon Club in the middle of July. I thought it was very lovely. The staff was very helpful and lovely. They answered all our questions. They took us around on a tour and let us have lunch there. They were very accommodating. I liked the room that I would have, and it had a bedroom, a kitchen, and a small dining table in the corner of the living room. It had a bath and a washer & dryer. It also had a small, screened-in balcony. The living room and the bedroom were spacious. The whole package impressed me. I liked the price, the amenities, the staff, and the grounds.

June 30, 2015

By Betty91532750

One thing that impressed me with Horizon Club is that each apartment has a washer and dryer. The staff was very pleasant. We had a lovely luncheon there including wine. The food was excellent. People were happy with it.

October 16, 2014

By Elaine24

My mother lived at The Horizon Club for about two years. The staff were wonderful. They were always checking up on her. She made a lot of friends, and it had a very, very social atmosphere. They encouraged them to do group activities. They have activities all day long. It was great! I wish she could stay there. The food was great. Her apartment was great. She was overlooking a waterway, and she had a separate living room, dining room, and a good-sized bedroom with big closets. My husband and I ate there many times and their dining room was very nice.

September 15, 2014

By Easy13

I absolutely love this facility ! Everything and more is at this facility...my mother is so happy here and enjoys everything they have to offer...she loves the food and the entertainment and the staff that works here...everyone is so friendly and approachable that it makes it a joy to live here she told us. The independent living apt is so roomy and beautifully done up with new carpet and granite in the kitchen and bathroom. She has a beautiful balcony overlooking the trees that she loves to sit on and also extra storage on the balcony. I searched out a lot of places and the horizon club is number one ! Hands down !!!

May 20, 2014

I went to the Horizon Club, and the visit was fine. Their price is starting about $2100. They have a nice pool. They have a doctor who visits the facility. It has Wi-Fi in the building. They have a computer room which you could go into. They have beautiful grounds and a beautiful dining room. I don’t eat meat, and it's a good thing that they have fish on the menu every day. This is a fabulous facility. It's number one on my list. It looks like you are living in a hotel.

January 31, 2014

By LuckyLinzi

I was in the Horizon Club. It was a marvelous place. It was like going to a Caribbean hotel. The grounds were phenomenal. They had a spa and they had their own pharmacy for anything you wanted. If they didn't have it in the little pharmacy, they would bring it in, so you didn't have to go out. They had everything you would want to have in a facility. There were crystal chandeliers in the dining room. The food was literally to die for. Also if you like something, you could ask for it to take home for later on. I would absolutely recommend this facility. I had a three-room apartment. I had a washer-dryer, a full equipped kitchen, a beautiful screen-covered lanai and a storage room. The staff was beautiful. Their work ethic was wonderful. They had a bus that took us out to eat or for scenic trips here and there. Of course they would take you to the doctor if you need a doctor. They have anything that you want to have in terms of activities. They would have dance parties and birthday parties. They would have special entertainment coming in all the time. They have a real great budget for activities. There was a huge activity room where there was bingo, blackjack, bunco, poker, etc. They also had an auditorium for the residents.

November 20, 2013

By Lisa44

The Horizon Club was the one that we all really like. It was spacious. Everything looked new and shiny. They have beautiful gardens all throughout the community. For each area of each building, they have a set of gardens. Then they also have a big lake. It is pet friendly facility so you can take your dog and walk around the lake. There were residents sitting outside on this type of chair swing. They were talking and laughing. The director knew all the residents by name and talked to them at length. The dining room was exquisite. It was also spacious. It was just like a five-star restaurant. I mean, they have linens and silver. They have a beautiful calm music playing. It just has a lovely atmosphere. They also have many activities. They have cocktail hours twice a month. There are lots of times for people to socially engage and be with one another. They have on every floor a common room where people can go and meet, play cards, watch movies or read a book. They even have a room for sewing activities. I just really like that a lot. Also another thing that is nice about The Horizon Club is that if you feel like you need more help, they have people that will come in that take care of you and visit with you.

August 27, 2013

By Caring Guy2

I think The Horizon Club is a well laid-out facility with good furniture, etc. It is also of a pretty good size. It seems like they have lot of things to do for their residents. Overall, it is a nice place to live; however, it is too expensive for me.

July 23, 2012

It was a great experience for my mom when she was at The Horizon Club. It's a beautiful place plus the view outside. They have a scenic view landscape. All the staff and people are very helpful. I could say that the quality of the food is something to admire. They were all nice. A good place to recommend to others.

September 29, 2011

By whizkid

Overall my experience was a very good one at the Horizon Club. The first thing that strikes you is the shear size of the building. For all of the residents at the Horizon Club they are equally well staffed. You never seem to find yourself wondering the halls looking for someone to give you help and the best part is the staff is not bothered by strange requests. At some living facilities the staff get annoyed quite easily when you try to seek there help for something which you cannot do yourself. Furthermore the quality of food here is something to admire, far away from your traditional cafeteria setting these people at the Horizon club go above and beyond to make sure these seniors are getting good nutrition. This of course is important to there physical and mental well being knowing that the people who work at Horizon club generally care about the residents.

Photos of The Horizon Club

About The Horizon Club

The Horizon Club is a resort-style, independent and assisted living community that offers compassionate senior care in Deerfield Beach, Florida. If you can live independently but would like the security of having extra needs taken care of, then our Independent Living is for you. Our Assisted Living program is based on a detailed care plan that we design for each resident that includes assistance with bathing, dressing, laundry and housekeeping. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with each resident to create a home-like atmosphere. As part of Five Star Senior Living, everyone at The Horizon Club shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the best choice for senior care in Deerfield Beach, Florida.

Map of The Horizon Club