Grand Villa of Deerfield Beach

Grand Villa of Deerfield Beach (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Grand Villa of Deerfield Beach

Assisted Living Reviews for Grand Villa of Deerfield Beach

March 30, 2017

My mother was in Grand Villa of Deerfield for 20 days. They had an activities director and played bingo a couple of days a week. Somebody came in and sang. I thought once they did the renovation and finished it, they might have had more stuff. The staff was friendly and pretty good, except in the memory care unit.

March 28, 2017

By Gerry714126

I was very impressed with Grand Villa of Deerfield Beach. It was very clean and had plenty of opportunities for residents to do activities and a very spacious room with a pool table, ping pong, and television. It was a very positive and good place to have my friend stay. I don't have negative comments about it at all. The staff is helpful, friendly, very nice, and good. The grounds were very well-kept, attractive, and had easy access. I had a wheelchair while taking the tour, and it was very easy to get in and out. The street was not very busy.

March 27, 2017

By E.S

Grand Villa was fine. They are going to renovate as the place looked like freshen up. The rooms were very nice. There was a place where the people could go in the Alzheimer’s unit, but the grounds were not fantastic like other places.

December 29, 2016

By ldesab

I just returned from visiting this place. All they talked about was how they were renovating it. All the renovations in the world cannot take away from the smell (masked by plug-in deoderizers) and the overall shabbiness of the place. Even though I had thoroughly and honestly explained my mother's condition to them over the phone, they agreed to an appointment. I took my mother there, who is wheelchair bound because of a broken hip but in full possession of her faculties. We took the tour, even though they refused to discuss pricing with us.. After the tour, my mother was evaluated by a nurse. Then the "tour guide" and the nurse conferred and we were given the "bad news." My mother could not move in because there was no room in the facility for her level of care (which was not all that excessive...bathing, helping with dressing, assistance to the bathroom and lunch room, etc, standard assistance living care). I can't help but feel that my mother did not meet their standards of "renovation" that they so emphasized during the tour. Perhaps they are looking for a more upscale clientele. In that case, this place needs a lot more renovating than painting and creating new rooms, like a serious examination of the air quality, carpets, elevators, and overall shabbiness of both the place and the residents.

October 21, 2016

By malling

In only a short time since taking over the newly named Grand Villa of Deerfield Beach, I have noticed a lot of change in this community. The people here are incredibly caring, attentive to the needs of my Mom, and take the time to ensure that she is happy and fulfilled. We are excited about the many exciting renovations that are planned to dramatically improve the community. I went on the websites of the other Grand Villa properties they all look really beautiful. Can’t wait to see what they do here!

January 31, 2016

By Nicholas10

Mom seems to be very happy at The Renaissance. Our experience has been very good so far. The staff has been very good. Mom likes it there because the ladies are friendly. It is working well. Her room is a one bedroom with a single bed. I put in a TV, a recliner, and a small refrigerator. She is happy. I would recommend them to other people looking for a similar facilty.

December 30, 2015

By AnonymousSon

The Renaissance is a very nice place, very clean, and affordable. They have a very caring staff. My mom says the food is OK; she enjoys it so far. She doesn’t have any complaints about it.

May 03, 2015

By Carol105333950

I liked Renaissance a lot. The people who worked there were very helpful, accommodating, and friendly. It seemed to me that the residents were all happy; they were all smiling and seemed to like it there. I felt like they were trying to get the residents involved in activities. They had music, bingo, and movies.

February 09, 2015

I didn't care for The Renaissance during my visit. I didn't see have many activities. I just wasn't impressed with it at all, but then I was used to California which was so much better. She was able to show me a room. It was very dark, and I didn't care for it at all.

December 08, 2014

My impression was not good with The Renaissance. The residents were mostly wandering around. There was one resident who had an accident and needed some assistance. There was a lady sitting at the front desk, and a second resident was trying to communicate that this other person needed help, and the girl yelled at the resident. Nobody there seemed to be very happy with the fact that they were there. The vibe that we got there was not a very good one, and we just kind of wanted to get out of there quickly. They had some table set up that they use for dining and arts and crafts. Specifically the memory care, they need to improve on the activities for the residents, give them more to do, and add more movement.

October 18, 2013

By caring0920132

I was very, very pleased with my visit at The Rennaissance. I talked to the staff and the residents. The people there were very happy. We toured the place, went to one of the rooms, and it was exceptionally nice.

August 28, 2012

By Upset family

Management has poor communication skills. Rude staff. Aides steal from residents. Residents have loud arguments in dining room, upsetting others and no one intervenes.

Memory Care Reviews for Grand Villa of Deerfield Beach

Questions about Grand Villa of Deerfield Beach

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Staff is trained in Alzheimer's care, fire drills, elopement drills, and are trained in CPR first aid.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Grand Villa of Deerfield Beach. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Grand Villa of Deerfield Beach residents range from 58 to 103. We have a active calendar. The residents enjoy playing games, listening to live entertainment and socializing.

What programs or activities does Grand Villa of Deerfield Beach offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Grand Villa of Deerfield beach offers seven dimensions of wellness. Physical, Emotional, Intellectual, Social, Spiritual, Environmental and Occupational.

What places are near Grand Villa of Deerfield Beach or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are located in a nice residential neighborhood with a Publix, Dollar Tree, Walgreens, and a neighborhood Walmart. There are small restaurants and fast food restaurants all within walking distance.

What transportation services does Grand Villa of Deerfield Beach offer to assisted living residents?

Grand Villa of Deerfield Beach offers scheduled transportation within a 10 mile radius for Doctors appointments. We have scheduled trips on the bus weekly which include shopping and outings.

What safety features or security measures does Grand Villa of Deerfield Beach offer to assisted living residents?

Grand Villa of Deerfield Beach offer pull cords and call button assistance pendants.

How does Grand Villa of Deerfield Beach keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Deerfield Beach keeps in touch with family members by level of care meetings and conference calls.

If Grand Villa of Deerfield Beach accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Grand Villa does except Dogs and Cats. Dogs must be walked on a lease while on the property.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Grand Villa of Deerfield Beach has 3 staffers during the day in Memory Care and 2 staffers overnight.

What safety features or security measures does Grand Villa of Deerfield Beach provide to protect residents who wander?

Grand Villa of Deerfield Beach offers Safety net. Safety net is a wearable tracking device, which uses radio frequency identification (RFID) to track residents in or out of the community. SafetyNet, with their relationship with local law enforcement, can expedite the location of a resident who is missing.

On admission and 30 days after admission and after a change of condition.

How does Grand Villa of Deerfield Beach keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Describe the neighborhood around Grand Villa of Deerfield Beach. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Grand Villa of Deerfield Beach is located in a nice residential neighborhoodwith a Publix, Dollar Tree, Walgreens, and a neighborhood Walmart. There are small restaurants and fast food restaurants all within walking distance.

Is Grand Villa of Deerfield Beach affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We are not affiliated with a hospital but we have a hospital we work closely with if a resident is in need of more care.

Costs for Grand Villa of Deerfield Beach

• Occupational Therapy

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

About Grand Villa of Deerfield Beach

Welcome to Grand Villa of Deerfield Beach! Our lovely assisted living community is located in Deerfield Beach, FL, and minutes from the Atlantic Ocean. Grand Villa offers outstanding features and amenities that help our residents live every day to the fullest!

Grand Villa offers different Care Levels that include Assisted Living, Memory Care, Personal Care, Respite Care and our Senior Day Program. The different levels of care mean you only pay for the services you need and use. Our all-inclusive monthly rate covers medication management, social and recreational activities, delicious chef prepared meals, restaurant-style dining, housekeeping, apartment maintenance and so much more!

Map of Grand Villa of Deerfield Beach