Orange City Nursing and Rehab Center

Reviews of Orange City Nursing and Rehab Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Orange City Nursing and Rehab Center

November 06, 2016

By Ispeakout23

To make it plain and simple, this place is a disgrace when it comes to the care of loved ones. Examples: Loved ones clothing ALL missing, only one person in the laundry staff speaks and reads English, my loved one has gone missing 3 times and resulted in an injury that required stitches, they don't notify you when they should of critical things (such as your loved one being sick for days and you happen to visit them and see them in the bed at 11:30 in the day then all the nursing staff says " I'm really surprised no one called you to tell you"), you give paperwork from the doctor to nursing staff and you hear nothing for 3 mos and when you ask about it no one has a clue what you're talking about, the doctor for the residents never can be seen there and my loved one has been there 2 years and I have never seen or talked with the doctor(called his office 2 years ago to meet and staff said we will return your call and schedule time........that was 2 years ago and I haven't gotten the call yet), Adminstrative staff do "just enough" meaning they manipulate the billings and services to get paid from Medicare and Medicaid, staff is scarce in the facility, they don't tend to residents as they should (not taking them to the bathroom and then yornlives sits in urine or feces for half the day. My thing is, if the shoes were in the other foot, would they want to be treated in such a manner? CLOSE THE PLACE DOWN!!

October 24, 2016

By Find care

My father was in the Rehab section with stage 4 COPD. He called us at 6 in the morning stating that he had his call light on for a half hour asking for help to use the rest room. We called the nursing desk and asked them to check on him. My father called an hour latter and still they had not come to help him, The nurse finally showed up while we were on the phone with him at 8:15. The following day my father was in heart failure which they ignored all day until the ambulance was finally called. He arrived at the hospital with a urinary tract infection and in heart failure. If your loved one is very sick and can't care for themselves do not send them here.

October 02, 2016

By tobyelmo

Patient asked to use bathroom. And bedpan. They didnt come for an hour. The patient sat in stool. And has an infection. The infection has been going on 4 months.

September 14, 2015

By josephs

My father came to orange city nursing after pneumonia they neglected him for 2 days over a weekend with the feble excuse that it was the weekend I guess you can't have an emergency on the weekend or you are done for it is not a good place He is here 4 days no therapy

August 18, 2015

By marcena232

Nurses are rude. Place looks dirty. Bed linens are stained. Physical therapy is understaffed and they have way too many patients in PT room at one time. Internet kept dropping and my mom can't speak so her I pad is her only way to keep in touch with family. Finally got her to a room that didn't drop the Internet, only for them to move her back to a room with no internet a day later! Don't bring your loved ones there!

May 26, 2015

By badfeeling

Other

Yes very understaffed, Aides are disrespectfull,Never can find one when you need one .Call lights not answered in any timely fashion.Promises made and never kept,and the cock roaches at night are everywhere including patients beds..The nurses try but seem very frustrated ,

March 18, 2013

By Jay2

I went to six nursing homes when I was looking for a facility for my mom. Orange City Nursing was the one that did not smell. The staff seemed the most attentive. Mom needed a fair amount of care but had limited amount of money. They only have semi-private rooms there, so she shares the room with another lady who's very nice and speaks a minimal amount of English. The place is clean, but like most nursing homes they're understaffed. Mom hates the food there because she's on a puree diet. She recently had a stroke, so she cannot chew or swallow solid food.

February 03, 2013

By The "G" Family

My mother was sent to this facility from Fish Memorial in May, 2012 after suffering a stroke. At first the service was great - she was in a private room and got the care and therapy that she needed. Around August, 2012 at the facility managers request we applied for Medicaid since my mom wasn't showing any improvement and would need long term care which Humana didn't cover "“ the manager was very helpful and did all the paperwork. My mom was then moved to a Medicaid room/wing. This part of the facility is not so great. It smells and my mom doesn't get the proper care. She's constantly force to urine/defecate on herself because the staff does not come when called. They even tell her to go on herself and they'll clean her up later. This is not only nasty but can cause a problem with her skin (rashes/sores) since she's blind and confined to the bed/wheel chair all day. My dad came in on one occasion and found my mom crying in bed with her shoes on laying in soiled (urine/feces) clothes. My family and I are devastated and has started searching for a new facility. If you want quality care I don't suggest Orange City Nursing & Rehab.

July 30, 2012

By Ginneymouse

I would have liked to know that there were enough employees in the facility to give my mom the care that she needed so she could stay in her room instead of being sat in front of the nurses station with nothing to drink, nothing to snack on, nothing to do and nobody to talk to!! She was already confused and unsure of her surroundings...she didn't know what was going on, or why she couldn't sit in her chair in her room and watch tv, which is what she enjoyed doing!!

Services and Amenities of Orange City Nursing and Rehab Center

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 06/01/2019

About Orange City Nursing and Rehab Center

Orange City Nursing and Rehab Center is a senior living provider in Debary, Florida that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Orange City Nursing and Rehab Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Orange City Nursing and Rehab Center