Bradenton - Westminster Manor

Reviews of Bradenton - Westminster Manor

Assisted Living Reviews for Bradenton - Westminster Manor

April 15, 2016

By Anita38

Westminster Manor had very good food, excellent staff, and a very pleasant great room. They have several dining rooms, which were very nice, and a garden. The people were very friendly. I’m going to move there.

December 30, 2015

By Sharon118130150

I’ve been at Westminster Manor and I would pick to go there again. The physical therapy is great. The help is good; they answer the call button much faster. It’s upbeat; it’s nice and very clean. The menus and the food were great; they change it around. For the food and care, I’d pick Westminster Manor first.

August 27, 2014

We liked the Westminster Manor very much, but it was rather expensive. The apartment that we saw had a bathroom and three very small rooms. The dining area was very nice.

March 31, 2014

By Gary32

The staff was very cooperative at Westminster Manor. It's very, very clean. I enjoyed my visit with them very much. I know that the food there is very good, too. This appears to be a very caring place. They have a bus that will take people shopping if they wish. They have games, and also there's a church that's right there on campus. One thing that I'm concerned about, though, is cost. They were probably the most expensive of the three, but sometimes you get what you pay for.

February 14, 2014

By sandie chasey

We toured the facility and met with Curt about costs, transitions, medical services.Everyone there was friendly, kind and helpful. The location on the water is gorgeous with plenty of areas to sit/walk to appreciate it. Clean and nicely decorated. They offer lots of activities frequent trips to Bealls/Pubix, and the menus were varied.

May 31, 2013

By Nicholas2

Westminster is a very nice and clean place. They serve three meals a day. I have a very nice one-bedroom apartment and there's plenty of room. The people are nice. They have some very nice social activities and each day we're doing something different. For example, we're having hotdogs and hamburgers one day, then game day the next, a fashion show, or a bunch of guys who are 100 years old would tell us stories.

May 29, 2013

By Lillian3

When I visited Westminster Manor, the place was very clean. The people were very nice. They were re-doing the dining at the time when I was there. When they showed me the rooms, they were very small. It has no kitchen just a bathroom that you could get into. I used a walker all the time, so I don't think the rooms would be large enough for me and my walker.

February 18, 2013

By Ida1

We were satisfied with Westminster Manor. The place is well-maintained and they have wonderful services there.

September 26, 2012

Westminster Manor is one of many luxurious nursing communities located in Florida. This community is the first of their now 19 communities serving over 5,000 residents. At these properties, they offer three levels of distinct living options. The first is Residential Living which is for those who can live comfortably and safely on their own the same as they would in their own home. Next is Residential Assisted Living which is for people who need occasional help with some of the tasks of day-to-day living, but for the most part get along well on their own every day. These special services can be provided to people on campus in their residential homes or in specially designed supportive services apartments. The third option is called Health Center which provides on-campus Person-Centered Care 24/7 for either respite or long-term stays. The Westminster Manor features great amenities including an Olympic sized pool, Auditorium/Chapel, Clubhouse (with pool for water exercises), Shuffle board/Baci Ball and transportation to downtown. The meal plans feature an array of nutritious options, and is available for 0-3 meals per day. All is all, the Westminster Manor has a high versatility when it comes to housing your loved ones, from studios to two bedrooms, Villas, apartments & within the Manor House. The amenities are top notch & the atmosphere is one that your loved one will be sure to thrive in!

Nursing Home Reviews for Bradenton - Westminster Manor

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Bradenton - Westminster Manor

September 16, 2021

By Lauren

My mother has been living in Westminster Manor. She's been there for seven years now. It's a wonderful facility. She's been in independent living all this time. It's excellent. It is a beautiful campus. It has a main building that has independent living, assisted living, and a nursing facility. It also has an apartment building right next door that's all independent living. It also has mobile homes across the street for people who are in independent living, and there are houses across the street. It has all the types of living that you could want, whether it's an apartment, a mobile home, or an actual house. The staff is great. Everybody is professional and personable. We really haven't had any problems in the whole seven years that she's lived there. I have tried the food, but I haven't eaten there frequently. The dining area is very nice, but I'm always hearing from the residents that there are some days the food is fine, and some days it's not so great. They just aren't too thrilled with the food, but I don't know if it's their taste buds or if it's the actual food. She actually goes to the exercise classes. They have classes to help people to stay fit, balanced, and that sort of thing. They also have a full-sized pool and pool classes. If people just want to go to swim, you can just go in the pool. They also have things like bingo, and they have performers. Normally when there's no COVID, they have excursions to performances, to play golf, or whatever you want to do. There are a lot of activities for the residents. It's almost perfect, but nothing for me is ever perfect. She's been very happy there, and so have we. We've had good experiences too. The staff is good with overall support. If there have been any problems with anybody's health or whatever, they have a nurse who's like an on-site social worker. Eighty to ninety percent of the people living there don't have anybody locally. She's very good about taking care of the people and making sure that they have the services they need. It is nice for somebody who may not have family in the area.

August 23, 2021

By Peg

Westminster Manor is a very friendly place. They have a lot of activities for my sister and she is very happy there. She loves her apartment and the food is very good. I haven't had a negative problem yet. She's been just very content. Her room is a very nice size. It's got a kitchen, a dining area, a living room, a bathroom, a big bedroom, and a walk-through closet. The other closet has plenty of storage units and she's got a really pretty view from her room. The facility is a big complex. There's a pool, shuffleboard, and a little dog park. The next building is where the main building is, the offices, and the assisted living. They have a little country store there. So, if they're looking for things and they can't get out, they can ask the staff and they will stock them there so they can get them there rather than having to go to stores. The staff that I have dealt with has been very helpful and very friendly. One of the things that I like about them is they check the residents. Everybody is equipped with an emergency pull cord in the bathroom, but there's also a button that every resident has to hit before 11:30 in the morning as a check-in. If they don't do that, then they're going to check on them whether they're independent care or not, which is a huge plus. Normally, if she wants to have something repaired, she can call the maintenance crew and they come right away and do it, but right now, they're a little involved with this plumbing project that they have unless it's an emergency. So, it's a little slower than it normally would be, but for everything else, they've been very accommodating. She was very much against even moving from where she was, and now she says how happy she is that she moved. They have a medical center too, and if they don't use that medical center and you need transportation, they can take you to the doctors. They do field trips and shopping trips that takes everybody to the mall. So, a lot is going on and I think their price is very reasonable given those activities, and compared to some of the other places we looked at, I think that they're comparable in what they offer in their care and their attention to the residents, and it's not a brand new facility. It's been there for a long time.

February 10, 2020

By Mike

Bradenton Westminster Manor was a very nice facility. The staff was friendly. It's well kept up. They had lots of amenities, an exercise room, a library, computers, and a pool and classes. However, it's not affordable for my brother-in-law. We looked at studio apartments. They had independent living, but they offer total care as well.

August 07, 2018

By Max

It's going to be two years since I moved in to Bradenton - Westminster Manor. The parking is so complicated and so compact. It's very difficult to maneuver a larger car into a parking place or exit. They have an exit gate and if a bus blocks the gate, you can't get out. The meals are good. I've been able to maintain my status quo as far as weight is concerned. They have a nice exercise room, a nurse that gives my B12 shots, and three meals a day. They have a good menu every day, but I can be very independent from the menus downstairs. My room is adequate. I have a large bedroom, a large dining room and a kitchenette. It's on the second floor and I overlook a nice view of the pool and the trees. It's a very beautiful picture looking out the window. They have two elevators which is very adequate for a five-storey building. I like the staff very much. They're very cooperative and even the CEO here listens to you and follows through. They're right on top of things here. They have an activities organizer and she's very on top of things. There are a lot of things and entertainment that comes here, movies, and bingo. There are lot of activities here that people can get involved in. They have aquatics, a pool, a Jacuzzi, and physical therapist. What's nice is if something unforeseen happened to me that I needed 24/7 care, they have a facility right here that they can transfer you to. You don't have to look for a nursing home.

March 28, 2018

By Lee

Westminster Manor was very nice. The man who took care of us was very kind, very forthcoming with any information that we asked for, and very easy to work with. It had a very friendly atmosphere. They had a pool, dining rooms, a chapel, laundry on every floor, and three meals a day provided.

May 31, 2017

By donald561860

Westminster Manor is very nice. The staff is very accommodating and sincere. The location is great. It's within walking distance from the arts center. It's also reasonable for us.

April 06, 2015

Westminster Manor was very nice. The setting was wonderful, and the place was very attractive. The staff seemed to be very nice. You have to share a room, though, if you go to the nursing home part, and I was not willing to do that.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (11) See fewer reviews

• Occupational Therapy

Types of care

• Meal Preparation

About Bradenton - Westminster Manor

Bradenton Westminster Manor is located in the heart of downtown, just minutes away from the scenic Bradenton Riverwalk Complex. Residents can enjoy a variety of options including residential villas, garden apartments, mid-rise apartment homes and park homes. There are also plenty of activities to choose from with the always-busy calendar. And if ever needed, there's always a continuum of health care to take advantage of.

Map of Bradenton - Westminster Manor