Consulate Health Care of West Altamonte

Reviews of Consulate Health Care of West Altamonte

Nursing Home Reviews for Consulate Health Care of West Altamonte

March 03, 2017

By Mygirl4

This facility is poorly run. Not enough staff, old, outdated and depressing. I truly feel sad and terrible for people that live there that do not have family or friends to look out for them. I personally heard staff members discussing patients private matters and talking negatively about them. I had to practically beg to get someone to bring fresh water to my mother. I had to search for someone multiple times to get help for my mother, to change her and clean her up. I hate to think how it would have been if I was not there as often as I was. She was there for 2 months and she will never go there again. Yes, there are good employees that I believe truly do care, but not enough of them to do everything and make up fpr the others. I found much of the staff to be lazy and very rude. Please do your research and consider another facility unless you can be there all the time and question everything! Rooms have old crank style beds and no tvs. CNA thought is was perfectly acceptable to bring my mom out into common area with open back gown on and gave me irritated look because I called her out on it. Too lazy to put proper clothes on my mother. Never again!!

January 23, 2016

By Jeffreye1171

Do not choose this Rehab facility, again stressing do not choose this facility. This facility was recommended. They insisted they had certified wound care nurses on staff. It has been 3 days , here colostomy bag has leaked 6 times. When the nurse goes to attach bag , they start asking questions on how to do it. They don't know what they are doing. Come to find out they are not certified. Her skin is raw and it is leaking again. They still do not have all her meds approved , going on three days. Also, they do not follow protocol on administering medicine. She rings the nurses and they never come, then when you question them they lie. Their food is disgusting "quoted from other patients." The facility is dirty, her roommate had a banana peel in her bathroom for 2 days. Nurses are worried more about chatting then adhering to patients.

November 14, 2015

By Lucky to be out alive

Shortly after my mother went there post surgery, her blood pressure started dropping and kept getting worse. I discovered, with the charge nurse, that the facility was giving her double the dosage of blood pressure medicine than she was supposed to be taking. Rather than have their doctor some to see her, they simply stopped giving her blood pressure medicine. After 5 days, she saw her surgeon who immediately put her back in the hospital. Turns out, her kidneys were failing, her blood count was low, her oxygen level was low and she was severely dehydrated - all because they were giving her double her dosage of blood pressure medicine - by accident. Now they seem to be trying to cover this up. My mother could have died under their care. Don't let it happen to yours.

July 02, 2015

By Anonymous2015

This facility is truly awful. My parent went in for a few weeks of therapy after surgery, ended up in worse condition and had to be readmitted to the hospital. I honestly do not want to give too many details because the condition of the patient was so upsetting, but want to say we are not just upset family members. It was the opinion of several doctors that saw my parent upon readmission that had the patient received even a minimum standard of care, this would not have happened. If you have a choice and love your family member, choose someplace else. If you are not given a choice by their insurance company as was the case with us, proceed with caution and be sure to keep a close watch.

June 30, 2015

Consulate Health Care of West Altamonte provide three good, healthy meals a day. The offer therapy. She is happy there, and she does not want to move anywhere else. Everything is outstanding.

March 22, 2015

By St. Ives

Consulate Healthcare is dirty. Though most of the staff is good and caring but others are now right rude. The rooms are segregated. If you are long term patient you get moved to a particular hallway and get inferior care. P.S. The food is so bad it's beyond recognition. It is a good place to take someone to die.

September 08, 2014

Consulate was good. They have good meals there. They have good activities for the residents there to keep their mind active. They keep the facility really brand new looking. It might be 15 to 20 years old, but it is still freshly painted and it is still beautiful on the inside. They have a nice aviary. Other activities that they have there are bingo, they have exercise with music, and they have ball toss. They have entertainment from singers and chorus group.

Services and Amenities of Consulate Health Care of West Altamonte

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Consulate Health Care of West Altamonte

Consulate Health Care of West Altamonte is a senior living provider in Altamonte Springs, Florida that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Consulate Health Care of West Altamonte for more details on services and rates.

Map of Consulate Health Care of West Altamonte