Ingleside Homes, Inc.

Offers Assisted Living and Independent Living

1005 North Franklin Street, Wilmington, DE 19806
Ingleside Homes, Inc. (844) 325-8230

Reviews of Ingleside Homes, Inc.

Assisted Living Reviews for Ingleside Homes, Inc.

February 22, 2016

By Jackie121162750

Ingleside Homes was very nice with nice apartments. The staff was very good. They have a lot of activities at this facility. The only thing I don’t like about this place is it is kind of old.

May 01, 2015

I went to visit Ingleside Assisted Living, and the place was beautiful. The tour went well, but what I didn’t like was the fact that they have a $2000 nonrefundable one time fee which the staff who accommodated me didn’t mention. The other thing I didn’t like was on the second floor, there was a stench of urine, and that to me was a turn off. The people were very nice.

October 02, 2014

By Karen88814850

My aunt is living in Ingleside Homes. The staff working there is very wonderful and devoted. What I like most about them is that they are happy people. As a result, they exude that to the residents. They make the residents laugh and are very good with them. The room of my aunt is very spacious. It has a beautiful bathroom. They vacuum, dust and clean the room once a week. I also like that my aunt is free to come and go on the floor downstairs. The good thing is she wears a life alert pendant. If she falls in and nobody is around to hear it, she can push the button to some help. They also have a lot of games and activities. My aunt has been winning a bingo. They also celebrate everybody's birthdays. They even have trips. They can choose whether to go to the dollar store or to the local park. The independent facility has a theater, so they take the residents of the assisted living there. What I like, too, is that after breakfast, they call the residents for coffee and talk about the news. My aunt always complains about the food, but she eats it. She is a lot better healthwise than the other month because she is eating balanced diet three times a day. Overall, it has been a good place for her.

August 26, 2014

By Candace4

Ingleside Homes Inc wasn't favorable in terms of what I was looking for. I did not enjoy the tour very much and I didn't enjoy the staff person who showed me around. She was accommodating, but not warm and caring. She seemed tired and she wanted to be done with her work day. I really did not like the community itself. It was so dark and depressing. I would never put a loved one there because it looked to me like my loved one would walk in the door and be completely depressed. The walls were grey and the place was small and cramped. It was not inviting and it was not bright or lively; it just looked run-down and the people looked like they were just going through the flow. I did not like it at all. I feel they could make it more beautiful and even though funds are limited, there is so much they can do to brighten the place. They could have picked brighter colors to just make the place look so much nicer. It needs a major renovation. It was so dark in there and it looked bad. You walk in and it looked very sad. I couldn't wait to leave because as I was doing the tour, I was even thinking I would never ever bring my loved one here. My heart went out to the residents -- I wished I had the money to fix it up right there on the spot. Even the way that the people ate, it even looked like a cafeteria rather than a dining room. It just wasn't nice at all and I think the food service could be better, I think some of the community activities could be better. The space for the common areas where they were watching TV and where they were eating were so tight and cramped and the layout of the place could have been better, so that the people can have more space to move around.

July 20, 2014

Ingleside Homes was fine. It doesn't have a lot of space, but they are in the city. There was a really nice activity room, and they really took care of their patients. However, it was too much for my mother. The people were more ill than her and they needed a lot of care.

November 20, 2013

Ingleside Homes is one place that I can give a 1 to. That is because of the marketing person and she was on the independent building. She told me that I would be dumping my mother off and that how rude I was to dump my mother at the nursing home. I walked out of there so fast. I can't believe somebody said that. She was horrible and mean for making me feel like that. Everybody knew her and she'd been there for 10 to 12 years and I can't believe somebody like that was still in that place. Thank God everybody else was so nice. I never got past the door because of what she did.

October 14, 2013

By okla

My mothers room has bedbugs. The facility has bedbugs.

July 29, 2013

By Michael23

Ingleside Homes has a very nice living environment with a lot of interaction with other people. They also have activities and the staff are good.

June 29, 2013

By caring0625113

Ingleside Homes had been fantastic for both my parents. The food service has been very good. Their staff are very courteous.

May 31, 2013

By Bonnie16

Everybody at Ingleside seems to be happy. They have a community room where everybody was gathered together. But I'm looking for something a little brighter. This place had a nursing home feel to it. But it's not a bad place. I would recommend it to others to at least check it out.

May 29, 2013

By Alicia2

Ingleside Homes was clean as it can be and didn't smell like a nursing home. People were very friendly. They have a lot of social activities going for the residents. They provide meals so you don't need to cook in your apartment. You select them up from the menu. That's all good, but I do like to cook sometimes.

July 23, 2012

By Kenny2

My experience with Ingleside Homes was always a pleasant and positive one. The staff seemed to genuinely care about the residents and related to them on a personal level. It was evident it was more than just a job to them. I knew my grandfather was being cared for when I was not around. The amenities were great too, there was always something for him to do. They had two lounges with cable tv and tons of books, and the cafeteria had good food. Everyone always seemed pleasant and upbeat, and the staff was obviously skilled.

Independent Living Reviews for Ingleside Homes, Inc.

April 29, 2014

I went to Ingleside, and I found it to be very pleasant, and I told the person in charge that I was interested. The person who took me around was the director. She didn’t seem to have the personality for the job. It seemed a bit like this was all run-of-the-mill. She wasn’t enthusiastic, which was a little disappointing for me. She’s been there for quite some time, so I’m sure she’s given a zillion tours. The only thing that I found negative was her. Maybe they need to get her a helper. I’d thought she’d be a little more involved, more upbeat, more informative. I do have a dog, and I didn’t know that you could have animals till I heard somebody in the hall say something about their cat. That was a big thing for me because there was no way I was going to get rid of him. It’s an awfully big place for one person to have to handle all the questions and to try to catch them. She’s not in her office that much because she’s out and about in the building with other people and taking care of other problems, so maybe they should get her a cell phone or something. The place, I thought, was gorgeous. I’m trying to get my paperwork together to go. The dining room was beautiful, spotless, clean. I have to say it was very impressive. I can only afford an efficiency. It’s just me, and it was a reasonable size. It was very nicely structured, lots of light, quite pleasant. They have a computer area, and they have people playing cards. I think she referred to a list of activities that they had posted on the wall. They have food, a cleaning service, and all utilities included. I was very impressed. It has beautiful gardens and a huge auditorium that seats 300. I think it’s very large, large rooms, like large spaces. You’re not going to feel cramped in. There was a screened-in porch where you could sit, and it was beautiful. There was a lot of space. If you came out of your room and wanted to sit someplace, there were a lot of different places you could go and sit and read or do whatever you wanted to do, talk to somebody, so I was very impressed with that. There are only two elevators, and the building is very tall. It’s over 15 floors, so the wait for the elevator would be a problem. A lot of the people are in wheelchairs, and by the time you pack in a couple of wheelchairs, it gets pretty full, and that particular day, one of the elevators was being used for a move, so there was only one. That would be my biggest negative thing.

Costs for Ingleside Homes, Inc.

Photos of Ingleside Homes, Inc.

Services and Amenities of Ingleside Homes, Inc.

• General Store
  • Features Extra: Gift Shop

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Arts And Crafts

• Staff Patient Ratio: 25 1
  • Minimum Age: Al None / Il 62 Or On Ss Disability

• Licenses: for Assisted Living
  • State Licenses: 2031

About Ingleside Homes, Inc.

Our Mission

Ingleside's mission is to ensure that every senior, regardless of their level of income, has an opportunity to live the fullest possible life at his or her highest level of independence.

Ingleside Assisted Living, LLC is a non-profit organization which provides affordable, high quality, comprehensive services to seniors in the Delaware Valley. This includes retirement living, health care, and community outreach to a diverse population. Services provided are aimed at enabling people to live the fullest possible lives. Ingleside fosters a culture that values and respects staff, volunteers, and those we serve.

Ingleside Bus Transportation Services

Whether seniors need to get to a medical appointment off-site or want to visit the local shops, Ingleside Homes transportation services will get them where they need to go.

Ingleside Beauty Salon

Seniors can enjoy on-site pampering at our on site full-service beauty salon. Whether they need a quick trim or a permanent, seniors will leave feeling their best.

24 hour Nursing care

Full time Activities Director on staff to keep residents busy with a variety of things to do. Insuring that they are kept busy, both physically & mentally. We also have a Physical & Occupational Therapy office on site.

In addition, our Resident Services coordinators are on site to:
  1. Provide general assistance and advocacy related to supportive and social services
  2. Develop and maintain relationships with community resources
  3. Act as a liaison with local care providers, hospitals, Medicare, Medicaid, and insurers
  4. Work cooperatively with our residents and their families to ensure their well-being
  5. Promote a positive social climate that fosters residents’ psychosocial well-being

Map of Ingleside Homes, Inc.

Ingleside Homes, Inc.