Seven Lakes Memory Care

Reviews of Seven Lakes Memory Care

Memory Care Reviews for Seven Lakes Memory Care

June 09, 2018

By dadskid

Dad has been at Seven Lakes for nearly 3 years now. When he first arrived he was much more communicative and would carry on a conversation. Due to his dementia, he is much less communicative at this time. We go without notice, just dropping in, so the staff does nothing to prepare for our arrival. He has a nice room just big enough for his needs at this time and has a window that looks out onto the lake to the north of the facility. He loves looking out at the lake and watching cars go by. His room and attached bathroom is always clean and the bed is always clean and made. Dad is also always dressed, clean, with his hair and beard well kept. The staff recognizes his love for classic cars and will engage him in conversation around this interest. They do their best at this time to interact with him which is difficult at times, but they don't give up. At this time, due to his dementia he rarely engages in activity, but in the past he has participated in Hearts and Horses which reminded him of his childhood on the farm. He also loves music and used to go to the musical activities and would sometimes be seen attempting to polka. He is an observer now, watching residents play games, listening to musical performances, or what ever else gains his fading attention. The staff is also extremely patient with Dad's food preferences. He has always been a picky eater and they do their best to meet his nutritional needs and desires. We have a very open relationship with all of the staff and have found especially Jordan and Leslie to be helpful in determining what next steps need to be taken with him regarding his decline. He has had unusual behaviors that have required cooperation between ourselves, Seven Lakes staff, and the attending doctor. With everyone's input, these behaviors have been alleviated without over drugging him. Just recently his dosage was tested by decreasing it to see if he could take less. I definitely feel that this facility does a great job of making sure that residents don't receive more pharmaceutical intervention than absolutely necessary. At times, Dad will go to the next "neighborhood" via the outdoor courtyard which is beautiful in the summertime. Other residents are involved in gardening, harvesting, and making salsa from the harvest in the fall. Dad is beyond these activities, but we have observed others enjoying this. After hearing stories of friends terrible experiences with memory care, one included near death from over medicating and a very quick subsequent move, I am very happy that Dad is in the capable hands of the staff at Seven Lakes.

October 09, 2017

By Patty

Seven Lakes' rooms were private with a shared bathroom. The rooms opened up to the common area where they had activities and TV viewing. The other end of the facility was set up the same as the end that we toured, so if the person staying there was to go to the other end, it would be the same which was good for the situation. The staff was good. The people in the front area were kind and caring, and there seemed to be sufficient staff to take care of the residents in the area that we were in.

May 22, 2016

By CGPHHCQ

Seven Lakes was good. I would like to have picked them because it’s in Loveland, and I live in Loveland, but the price was too high. My parents share a bathroom; not every resident has their own bathroom. We didn’t get a chance to try the food, but they had a little plate of good cookies by the door. They just walked us around and showed us the rooms. There's a secure side and an unsecure side, and they showed us both.

February 09, 2016

By dadskid

My father has been a resident at Seven Lakes since July, 2015. We have been very pleased with his care and have popped in unannounced several times just to see what was happening. The staff know him well, they are acquainted with his interests and go out of their way to engage him in conversation regarding his interests. The facility is clean, his room is kept up nicely, and his belongings are always accounted for. The activities provided are varied and suggestions have been made to us regarding things we could do to engage with him. The price is very reasonable for what is provided. We researched carefully before placing him here and have been very happy with our choice.

November 10, 2015

By Aaron1332

Terrible, some of the help is very nice but others not so much. Based on what I've seen it seems like they really try to dope up the residents as much as possible. Also residents are left alone A LOT, 60% (especially at night) of the time you will never be able to find a nurse or help that works there. Very understaffed, clothes are ALWAYS getting lost, food is absolutely disgusting, cold and something a dog wouldn't even eat. Very very pricey for what it is, they really don't pay attention. One time when I was there visiting it was raining and they had found a resident outside who was soaking wet and cold. That should never happen, why were the patio doors not locked? She couldn't get anywhere but still, if it's raining the doors need to be locked. I can list several several incidents like this, residents with poop running down their legs, walking around with no clothes other than a depend while there are BOTH women and men on the same floor. Residents also can get into eachothers room and take things or lay in their private bed, un sanitary! Yuck, also a resident once pooped on the floor of someone else's room, not cool.

November 04, 2015

At Seven Lakes Memory Care, they had very good programs, as far as what they do with their residents. The facility was spotless. The workers and the lady that I dealt with were all great. The other facility was $1,500 more a month than Seven Lakes, so I probably would have gone with them just because of the money part.

December 13, 2014

By pkv

My sister has been at this facility for 8 months. The staff is all very attentive and very good with the patients. It is a clean, nice environment to visit in. They have plenty of activities and field trips to keep the residents entertained. So far, I've seen nothing to complain about whatsoever. I think they're doing a great job taking care of my sister.

August 31, 2014

By Caring74951950

Memory Care at Seven Lakes was very beautiful. I just had a one-day visit, but the staff had been great and helpful. Their rooms were very clean and neat. Most of the people we saw were sleeping or napping. The door was locked so the patients couldn't leave the place. I would say that the place was secured enough. However, the price was very high.
See all Memory Care reviews (16) See fewer reviews

Costs for Seven Lakes Memory Care

Photos of Seven Lakes Memory Care

Services and Amenities of Seven Lakes Memory Care

• Features Extra: Living Room

• Pharma

About Seven Lakes Memory Care

Located within the scenic Seven Lakes community of Loveland Colorado, Seven Lakes Memory Care is a warm inviting community dedicated to serving the specialized care and support needs of individuals with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias. We call our specialized program Connections for Living by MBK℠ because it is designed to provide personalized care and activities that keep our residents connected to what matters to them most and living the best quality of life each day.

Map of Seven Lakes Memory Care