Brookdale Tamarac Square

Brookdale Tamarac Square (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Brookdale Tamarac Square

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale Tamarac Square

June 11, 2015

My mom likes Brookdale Tamarac Square. The staff is very friendly and very good with interacting with the residents. They have excellent activity and entertainment programs. The quality of the food is very high.

April 27, 2015

By Brian21

I just moved in. I chose it because I liked it. The staff is really good people. The room is adequate; it is a great place.

October 13, 2013

By Anne28

Right now, I'm included in their waiting list. I think it was an older facility but I like everything about it. Firstly, it was convenient in terms of location to my daughter's home. Secondly, I like the friendliness of the people there. With regards to staff, the person who showed us around this facility was knowledgeable. I saw an apartment there and it's size was good. It was well situated. The price was good for my budget.

August 27, 2013

By James41

My mom is currently staying here. She has only moved in last week but so far she is very happy there. She likes this facility a lot. We chose this facility for her firstly because of the layout of the rooms. It is very functional and a little bit bigger. There is no wasted space. There are a lot of nice wall space for furniture and pictures. They're generally nice rooms. My mom has a one-bedroom apartment with nice closet, full kitchen and full-size appliances. Secondly, it was because of the overall feel for the people and the good quality of care they were giving to their residents that this facility was decided upon. It is not a medical care facility, it is just senior living, but the people are very nice, helpful, friendly and very caring. In terms of the activities there, there is an activity calendar and it seems that they have activities everyday and every weekend. They have a lot of board games, sign-ups about trips and exercise classes, etc. With regards to food, I didn't get a chance to eat there but the menus look great. They are serving like upscale steak, fish, salmon, and chicken. Also the dining room looks nice, well-staffed and well set-up.

August 22, 2013

By Bobbye1

The staff were accommodating, friendly and helpful. I really liked the living arrangements. They had a lot of activities like bingo, movie night and even outside activities. They went to mountains or ate dinner outside the facility. Even if it was an independent living facility, they served food and it was very good. However, I did not like that there was no washer and dryer in the room, but they had a very nice laundry room not too far from the apartments.

April 17, 2013

By caring1491

The community looked very nice, it was very beautiful, and it seemed a very secure place. It's a big building and it's like living in a hotel. I didn't get to meet a lot of the staff, but those that I did meet were all very nice and friendly. I had lunch there and the food was okay. But I can't afford it and I don't want to go in yet.

Questions about Brookdale Tamarac Square

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Brookdale Tamarac Square. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We have a nice balance of men and women, a lot of diversity and ages ranging from 63-104! Average age between 75-85. Our residents are very active. We have exercise classes every day of the week. We have a multitude of activities everyday so there is always something that sparks the interest of everyone! From Bridge and Mahjong, to Bingo, lectures, game nights, arts and crafts, Men’s club, poker nights, flower arranging and nightly movies. We also have weekly outing to places such as restaurants, shopping, plays/concerts etc. and once a month we go up to the casinos at Blackhawk!

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

We are very centrally located. Close to 1-25 and Hampden. Popular near us is Target, Massage Envy, Whole Foods, Cinemas, 24hour Fitness, Chick-fil-a, Benihana and Bible Park.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Brookdale Tamarac Square has organized?

White Fence Farm and Christmas light outing, Maggiano’s, Mardi Gras Casino, Benihana, Longhorn Steak House, Scenic Drive to Georgetown and lunch at Beau Jo’s Pizza.

What transportation services does Brookdale Tamarac Square offer to independent living residents?

Scheduled Transportation 6 days a week, going to doctor’s offices, grocery stores, churches, banks and many other locations. There is also an option for open driving the 3rd Wednesday of the month.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Tamarac Square exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Our Dining Room offers restaurant style and all day dining. You order what you would like off of either the featured menu or the always available menu which is an alternative option. Our chef cooks up amazing Homestyle classics such as meatloaf and pot roast, world dishes such as tacos and chow mein and healthy dishes such a baked salmon and grilled chicken salad. The menu is always fresh and exciting topped off by some of the most excellent desserts such as homemade chocolate chip cookies, homemade cream puffs, bread pudding and ice cream! Our chef also host’s a menu chat once a week to meet with residents to discuss what they think of the menus, as well as he is wonderful with accommodating suggestions of what residents would like to see on the menu. We can also accommodate special diets.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Common Areas for resident use include a billiards room, fitness center, courtyard and walking path, beauty salon, large lounge with fireplace, activity room, outdoor pool, tennis and pickle ball court, Hampden Club, dining area, general store, mail room, library and refreshment station.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Tamarac Square offer to independent living residents?

We offer 24hour staffing, there will always be a concierge at the front desk for resident needs. We also have an emergency call system and pendant. There is an emergency pull cord in every restroom and bedroom (including public restrooms) as well as residents receive a personal emergency pendant to wear that will work anywhere in our community.

If Brookdale Tamarac Square accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are a very pet friendly community. We have many dogs, cats. We have a nice courtyard with grass to walk dogs as well as we have clean up stations provided for them.

Does Brookdale Tamarac Square work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We offer Personalized Living Private Duty Services which include: Concierge/Private Companion services, Assistance with ADL’s, Medication Reminders, Medication Setup, Nursing Services, Personalized Care Management, Pet Care etc. on an as needed or continuing basis.

Photos of Brookdale Tamarac Square

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Tamarac Square

About Brookdale Tamarac Square

Brookdale Tamarac Square provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer.

Our Optimum Life® and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life® we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining, with fresh meals prepared by chefs trained in our own Culinary Arts Institute, and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program. These activities fill the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities highlighting different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Map of Brookdale Tamarac Square