Oakview

Assisted Living Reviews for Oakview

Nursing Home Reviews for Oakview

February 23, 2021

By K. Morgan

Oakview skilled nursing provided care for my mother for 19 months. The facility is beautiful and clean with both private and 2 person rooms. The staff is professional and caring, providing not only nursing skills, but also fun activities, various therapies, and social services. They became her family, especially during the Covid 19 pandemic, keeping the facility safe, yet making visits possible whenever allowed. My family will always be thankful to Oakview for the loving and personal care they provided, not only to my mother, but to us as a family.

It has been a privilege to care for your mother and to develop relationships with you and your family as well. I appreciate the compliments to Oakview and to our staff. 2020 was a difficult year, but we have a wonderful team here who are caring and dedicated, despite the pandemic. Best wishes to you. Best, Jeannette Ruggiero

February 08, 2021

By willvee

My son and I arranged a visit with the physical therapist at Oakview to visit my wife who is recovering from a broken ankle. In view of the COVID lockdown, the staff was limited in their ability to accommodate us, but they all did a great job. We had never been inside Oakview before. It was a wonderful experience. When we first entered my wife’s room, I was amazed at how livable it is. I had expected something stark, like a hospital room, but it was beautiful. It was private, and my wife’s personal possessions, like her hearing aids, little electronic clock, small bags of candy, telephone, pencil and paper, etc. were all within reach. I can't emphasize enough how patient and responsive the therapists were in answering our repeated questions and in fulfilling our repeated requests to have my wife slide out of bed and move to either a wheel chair or to her walker. The employees in the lobby were also extraordinarily helpful; when we arrived, they made themselves available to assist us in putting on the special face masks, rubber gloves, and big plastic clothing covers. I truly feel that every person on the Oakview Health Center staff extended themselves to make us feel welcome. Perhaps that credit goes to the management as well.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this detailed review. I am so glad that you found the visit to Oakview to participate in family training for therapy, even during this time of the pandemic, to be so valuable. I am hopeful that it puts your mind at ease with regard to the care and services she is receiving with the goal of a safe discharge home to you very soon. Sincerely, Jeannette Ruggiero Oakview Administrator

February 26, 2015

By semacal

My father spent the last 2 years of his life tin the Skilled Nursing Unit - I have nothing but nice things to say about the care he received. We live close by, so someone from the family was there nearly everyday. The care he received was exceptional - he even loved the food - HIGHLY recomended.

October 13, 2014

By phillife310

Facilities beautiful and clean, everyone friendly, daily patient care consistent. But this is a "don't ask, don't tell" administrative environment. Only medical information about an immediate situation will be proactively shared. On everything else you must figure out what questions to ask, otherwise you will just be informed of things after the fact. Insist at the first care plan meeting that you be given the occupational/physical therapy plan in writing as well as a copy of the meeting document you must sign. Also closely track how therapy is going because administration can yank Medicare coverage with only 48-hour notice if they decide progress isn't being made. We received a call out of the blue on a Fri. at 4:00 and only knew we had a right to appeal when we insisted on seeing this decision in writing. We then only had between 11:00-12:00 on Sat. to file the appeal before the deadline. Medicare granted the appeal. Document and double-check everything that is told to you.

December 16, 2013

By Taking off 2

The facities are beautiful , however the level of care is leaves a lot to be desired. The head of nursing is incompetent, the admission administrator is a nightmare to deal with, and the LVN, CNA and aides do not have a good understanding that skilled nursing is just that....SKILL! On the esthetic side, it is by far the loveliest facility in the area by far. The common areas are beautiful and the rooms are spacious and provide privacy. Well thought out.

Thank you for your feedback, both positive and areas of opportunity, for our health center. At OakView, we strive to provide respect and best possible care to our residents. I'm sorry that your experience with us did not meet your expectations. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if there's anything I can do to make this right.

September 15, 2013

By Adrienne2

What I like best about Oakview is the location. It is a very comfortable property with gardens and walkways. They have assisted living on one side and skilled nursing on the other side. The facility itself is very high end and very nicely done. It is also very pleasant. It offers different types of units for their residents. Their staff is very considerate, kind and attentive. They have onsite staff as far as nurses. They also have a doctor in the property 24 hours a day.

August 13, 2012

By fjclark

Other

Layla is my Black Labrador Retriever, Therapy dog. We have credentials to visit living facilities, and we've been doing this for the last eight years. Oakview is a facility that we frequently visit, and we enjoy coming to this facility. University is a 3-part complex, which includes retirement homes, assist living, and full service facilities. It's set near the Cal Lutheran University campus in Thousand Oaks. The staff is excellent and the patients really enjoy seeing our dogs each month. I believe that this facility has earned the 5-stars that I awarded to them.

February 11, 2012

By toobs55

Visiting my beloved aunt at this facility was a warming experience. She was happy and active, the grounds were scenic and the evening meal was a lively experience. It was a delight to see such active living in the golden years.

Photos of Oakview

Services and Amenities of Oakview

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Partnership
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

• State Licenses: 197607372

About Oakview

visitoakview.com

OakView offers 24-hour skilled nursing care in a beautiful and supportive setting. Our services are appropriate for those whose needs extend beyond assisted living, a person recovering from orthopedic surgeries or injuries, heart attacks, strokes, and other illnesses. OakView offers physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech up to 7 days a week.

The Benefits of OakView Skilled Nursing Include:

• Private or semi-private rooms
  • Personalized care plans
  • Restaurant-style dining available
  • Full-service beauty and barbershop
  • Personal laundry and housekeeping services
  • 24/7 monitored security system
  • Individualized treatment plan under the direction of your physician
  • Fully-equipped therapy and exercise room
  • Regular safety assessments
  • Long-term care options

Additional Services Available:

• Social worker and case management services
  • On-call Medical Director
  • Registered dietitian consulting services
  • Psychology and psychiatry consulting services
  • Wound care, pain management, and IV therapy
  • Physician, pharmacy and lab services

When your loved one is at OakView Health Center, you can take on life while we take care of the rest. We deliver compassionate, personalized care so that you and your loved one can focus on what matters most. Whether they require short- or long-term care, we’re committed to taking care of your family as if they are a member of our own.

Map of Oakview