Rio Las Palmas

Reviews of Rio Las Palmas

Assisted Living Reviews for Rio Las Palmas

March 31, 2016

By Cece D

I recently moved my uncle to this facility from another facility in Stockton. The staff are professional and respectful to him, which means a great deal to him. He really enjoys the food! From my perspective, they are very responsive and easy to reach to discuss issues. I believe that they really care about him and want this to be a good experience for him and making us, his family, feel that he is well cared for. The rooms are well kept and it's a very pleasant atmosphere.

February 29, 2016

By Jan120284650

Rio Las Palmas was really great and wonderful. It is a gated community, I liked that, and it’s beautiful inside and outside. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were spacious and really nice. The food is very good. They have a big activities room, and a library.

February 01, 2016

By corevette

Five stars ++ When my time comes to take advantage of life in a retirement home, the decision will not be difficult. We recently had a relative that spent the last couple of years here. Initally she was on the 'Independent Living' side and then transferred to the 'Assisted Living' facility. Both are in the same building. The first is in the east half of the building and the assisted living in the west half. Sure, there are more luxurious and expensive places available but here you will get the most bang for your buck. The management, especially Jaclyn, is excellent and will work closely with you on any issues that come up. From all reports, the food is very good, too! I can only say 'Thank You' for the care that they offered our loved one through this journey. The staff is kind, considerate, competent and compassionate! The place is immaculately maintained. The grounds are well-kept, serene and beautiful. Our loved one was allowed to have her precious kitty cat with her. As we know, pets can be an important part of a persons life and overall health. The nursing staff even came to love Scooter! Thank you to the entire staff for an outstanding job!! If and when I need this type of facility, I know where I will be!

December 29, 2015

By Forever18

Amazing place for a person to live. Staff are very welcoming! Restaurant is clean with their own chef to prepare any meal for you. When the time comes, which is soon my Aunt who has Alzeheimers will be moving into Rio Los Palmas. We took her there on a tour, and she loved it, and said when i am ready to go, this will be the place!

October 26, 2015

By Keith Meadows

My mother needed assisted living and is excited that we found RIO LAS PALMAS. I visited many other facilities and was very disappointed with the condition and care for the tenants. All were about the same price for the level of care needed but none were as nice as my mom's new home.

October 11, 2015

Rio Las Palmas was assisted living in that meals were provided, and then they had another level of care they can move up, like nursing care. It was a nice facility. It was well kept, and it looked nice inside. The staff seemed very nice. The rooms were adequate. They had one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments. I ate there once, and the food was fine. They also have a van that would take them shopping.

September 29, 2015

By Caring113819450

Rio Las Palmas was very nice. They were active. They had a lot of different programs. It was a much bigger place though.

April 13, 2015

By Cycle lady 7

My mother lives in this facility. We were nervous about her making this move. But we made a very good choice. The staff go beyond expectations. My mother fell and went into the hospital , I was out of town. When it came time to release her I was worried of how to get her back to RLP. Vickie was visiting family in the hospital and offered to take her back home. I was so relieved. She is in very good hands and I'm never worried about her. I don't live in Stockton so having my mind at ease is very important. Please if you're considering a place to live for someone you love this is a wonderful choice.

December 16, 2014

Rio Las Palmas is actually very nice, and the people living there looked very happy. The staff is very helpful. The place is clean, and I see several activities too.

October 23, 2014

By PMGMLS

My mom lived at Rio Las Palmas for almost two years. At first she was on the independent living side. She loved her one bedroom apartment, with a balcony overlooking the back courtyard. She enjoyed going to the restaurant for her meals. The food was delicious and she liked having dining companions. Rio offers many activities and and daily outings. Some she would participate in and others she wouldn't. She liked having the choices. Mom liked to play bingo, working in the Library, and attending the weekly Bible study. One of the residents would play the piano in the afternoon. She loved the music. A few months ago she became ill and we had to move her to the assisted living side. We started her out at level one care, and as her illness progressed, we stepped up her care. The staff at Rio was/ is wonderful! They were very caring and gave my mom the best of care. They were always available and did their best to meet her daily needs. They treated her as if she was a member of their family. All of the nurses and the rest of the caregivers treated her with respect and really seemed to care. With their exceptional care, they made things easier for me, especially on the few days I wasn't able to see mom. The day mom passed away, most of the staff came by to see her. I am thankful that we chose Rio Las Palmas. I would highly recommend Rio to anyone seeking a beautiful and caring community for their loved one.

May 29, 2014

By Tom83919950

I was very familiar with Rio Las Palmas because I had my grandmother in that place. The staff was OK. They didn't seem too friendly, though. The food was more restrictive. The daily menu had few choices, and they only had certain hours that they were open. Regarding activities, they were probably comparable with any other facility. My grandmother chose not to do any of their activities because she was in her 90s, so she didn't do much. They had bingo, movie nights, and side trips that they could take on a bus. My grandmother had a one-bedroom apartment with a balcony. It was a very lovely apartment. The thing about this community is her apartment. It was a nice apartment. Overall, I would recommend Rio Las Palmas, but I wouldn't recommend them the most. At that time, I think my grandmother was happy there. She made friends. When I visited, she didn't have many complaints.

We really appreciate your feedback, Tom. We strive to create a positive and exciting environment here at Rio Las Palmas, and your feedback is very important in the process of continuing to always improve. I am happy to say that we now offer our residents the option of being able to receive a meal at any time in our 88 Palms Restaurant. We are very proud of the current team of employees that we now have on staff as well, and would love to invite you back in to meet all of our current team of employees at your convenience. Again, thank you for your feedback. If you would like to contact me directly at any time please feel free to call me at (209) 957-4711.

Thank you, Jaclyn Powell, Executive Director

April 22, 2014

By LovelyLady8

Part of it is location to us. My mother-in-law is within 15 minutes of our house. They seem to understand her diet requirements. She cannot eat wheat. They feed her fresh food, and they accommodate her diet wonderfully. She loves the food. That was one of the main things that we were looking for, that someone would accommodate her needs there, and she's delighted. The rooms seemed very nice. We've been able to decorate them very nicely, and she seems to be very happy at Rio Las Palmas. The sanitation is very nice. I'm very critical in that area. We've had some issues with the housekeeping staff. They have a little pond area. It has a nice atrium lobby, and they have a nice restaurant where she can go in there and order off a menu.

February 15, 2014

By Callie5

The atmosphere is much better at Rio Las Palmas. The apartments are all small but these are not quite as small as some of the others I've seen that was more money even. I've seen their studios and I've seen the small and the large 1-bedrooms. The large 1-bedroom would be what I was interested in. The rooms are really spacious and they are very updated. So far, all the staff I've met has been very, very nice. I liked their grounds and their hospitality. I've had a couple of meals there and their food is very good. They have a library, they have a room for movies and they seem to have quite a few activities. I've been invited to two or three in the afternoons and early evenings. I play Blanko with the Widow's Club. That's what got me started looking over there.

January 31, 2014

My father is currently settled at Rios Las Palmas. He is in the assisted living wing and seems that he is adjusting well. They actually have enhanced assisted living and they help adjust to what his needs are. This is really a plus. The community is beautiful. The staff is absolutely wonderful – very detailed, caring and attentive. They welcomed dad like they're part of the family. They escorted him to the facility until he familiarized himself there. They have constant activity. Their monthly newsletter contains a full calendar. On each date shows a list of activities, the time it will start and where it will be. They have exercise classes, arts and crafts, cooking demonstrations, bingos and casino. Most of the basic things they have are movie theater, pool room, library, a beautiful dining room and an outside courtyard off the dining area. The only thing I would like to see is a program that specifically focuses on cognitive skill deficiency but I understand why they don’t have this because they are not a memory care facility.

July 31, 2013

By Karen66754850

I visited Rio Las Palmas and it was nice. It seemed like they had all they needed there. The residents seemed to be happy to be there.

March 22, 2013

By CatLady1962

Some of the reviews on this site could very well be true but in my opinion from listening to my "loved one". The food is really a problem. So If you are considering leaving your "loved one" here, ask to eat here for a few days (not prearranged). They do NOT have a "restaurant"! It is a cafeteria. Speak to the residents. Ask lots of questions! Ask the director if he/her shares or acts on the suggestions from the suggestion box. If your satified with the answers, good for you otherwise expect to stock up your "loved one" apartment with extra food!

February 09, 2013

By cinddd

What a lovely place to call home! Beautiful decor, attentive & caring staff, vast variety of activities...I could go on and on. My friend's grandmother loves it here, and I don't blame her. She has adjusted well and is proud to show off her new home to all. Keep up the good work!

February 07, 2013

By luvbngmom24

I have known at least 3-4 residents of Rio Las Palmas, and they all say how much they love living there. I have also visited Rio Las Palmas more than once, and have always been extremely impressed with their staff, the beautiful decor, as well as the food served in their restaurant. They have so many activities, a salon on site, beautiful rooms for the residents to lounge in and everything is decorated so beautifully. This seems like a wonderful place to live, and I hope that my mother or mother-in-law will get to enjoy such luxurious retirement living!!!!

August 26, 2012

By sjv77777

When it comes to Rios Las Palmas Assisted and Retirement Community, I happened to visit here one* day when I was with a family friend and we happened to be looking for a new place that she would be calling home. During this day we happened to make several stops to different locations to see where she would be calling home. Once we were there we happened to learn many things right away, and one of those things was that they happen to have a rehabilitation facility on-cite so if anything were to happen, she wouldn't have to be sent away to somewhere else. That piece of information was very comforting due to the fact that it can be hard to place people when rehab is needed. The community itself was very well furnished. It had that feeling of being like in a hotel versus being in a community. The people there were all very friendly, and they seemed very eager to help us get around.

Independent Living Reviews for Rio Las Palmas

January 25, 2016

By Sylvia23

I had a friend at Rio Las Palmas, and it seemed like a lovely place. The room that I visited was very nice. The place is a little closer to town and much more affordable. My friend seems really happy and enjoys living there.

July 03, 2015

By kandm25

Mom and I visited several local independent living senior facilities. Mom chose Rio Las Palmas for the alcove apartment style. She did not want to leave her home, but knew it was time to be closer to family, and have the option of more assistance should it become necessary.

December 17, 2014

Everything was nice at Rio Las Palmas. We did have lunch there the other day. Our impression was a good one, and I would recommend this place.

December 12, 2014

By Phyllis37

We went to quite a few, and Rio Las Palmas is the one that is closer to my son lives, and it's closer to me. She likes it because she gets to be around with other people. At first, she didn’t like it because she was in the assisted living, and she cannot be bothered by everybody so she wanted to be independent living. The one we chose is the largest room available; it’s a one bedroom, and it’s like an apartment. She is not really happy right now at the food, and the only meal that she goes down for is lunch time. It seemed like a nice place. It’s not too large. She is interested in the church services which turned out to be not very regular; she was involved in Bible studies.

September 08, 2014

Rio Las Palmas seemed really nice. I was able to visit the facility and they have a lot of activities. It was really beautiful. Their apartments are of nice size. It was all new looking and the furnishings of the facility are really nice.

February 07, 2013

By Kathy Muhlbeier

My 96 year old grandmother has lived at Rio Las Palmas since June of 2011. The comfortable surroundings and helpful staff has given her a safe independence in this late stage of her life. She is able to have her privacy and at the same time staff is availble for any wants or needs she may have. She seems to have a real quality of life now. My grandmother enjoys the food and we don't worry about her eating. The administrator is experienced, has a wealth of knowledge and is approachable when we have concerns. Our family and my grandmother consider Rio Las Palmas a true home!

Costs for Rio Las Palmas

• Vegetarian

• Spanish

• Licenses: CA

About Rio Las Palmas

Rio Las Palmas offers compassionate senior care in Stockton, CA. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Rio Las Palmas shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Stockton, CA.

Beautifully manicured gated senior community with ample resident parking. Luxury apartments with patio and balcony gardening. Apartments with emergency call system, kitchens with microwave oven and refrigerator, also select apartments with full kitchen units.

Map of Rio Las Palmas