Villa Serena Retirement Santa Clara, CA

Reviews of Villa Serena Retirement

Independent Living Reviews for Villa Serena Retirement

April 06, 2016

By Scott39

Mom is very happy at Villa Serena. We just moved her in there last February. The residents are really good, and the people who manage the community are really attentive to everybody there. It’s an older place, but the actual rooms are really big. The food is very good. The activities director is really energetic and always tries to motivate people.

October 29, 2015

By Anonymous114619950

I wasn't that impressed with Villa Serena. It was more of a managed apartment complex with staff on-site 24/7. It appeared like an old apartment complex, which is not as convenient for an elderly person needing assistance. The common dining room was fairly functional, not great or terribly inviting, but probably did the trick. As far as social programs, it was minimal.

June 05, 2015

By JoanBancroft

I have been a resident at Villa Serena for 2 years now. I enjoy the lovely garden and was impressed with the apartments compared to the others I toured when I was first looking for a new home. The housekeeping staff is exceptional and the kitchen staff is friendly and attentive. I was also very please to find a home that accepted pets because I have a large cat that I could not part with. The other residents are friendly and I feel at home here.

January 17, 2015

By friend123

Manager could not understand his accent. Dirty building. Rundown. Falsely advertised as assisted living.

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to maintain the highest of standards and are consistently making improvements to the community. We would love for you to come visit again, enjoy a complimentary lunch, and full Sunshine experience.

September 26, 2014

By Cheryl44

The rooms at Villa Serena were actually apartments, and they were roomier than here; very nice. There were around 12 or 14 apartments in the building, and there were 6 buildings, really nicely landscaped. Everybody had either a small garden or a patio, and they were very nice. I was concerned because the buildings were apart but the dining room and all the activities were in one building, and so you'd have to go outside of your building and be around the little wings, and I am not really good on my feet so I was concerned about rain.

December 01, 2013

By Lori18

Villa Serena it was really nice. It was a great facility too. But the set-up was really different. It was more like an apartment complex where there were separate buildings with a common eating area.

September 30, 2013

By Joan33

I liked Villa Serena because the people were more friendly and the neighbors were nice. The apartments were better. The restaurant was very nice. They had two chefs serving the main course, which were very good.

May 31, 2013

By Jeri1

Villa Serena has lovely grounds, and that mattered to us a lot. It's so beautiful here. There are six buildings that's stretched out the length of the lot. Alongside of them there are beautifully decorated, manicured grounds that go the whole length of the lot. You don't have to step onto the sidewalk to do anything. We can walk around and take our little dogs for walks. They're very, very pet friendly and they're building a little dog park in the back. I think the staff are excellent. They are very kind and very friendly. There are a lot of young, sweet people working in the dining room and doing the housekeeping. They are interested, caring, cheerful and friendly. It makes it a pleasure to be here.

May 03, 2013

By Gloria6

What I really liked about the Villa Serena was their larger one-bedroom apartment, which was a little under 800 sq ft., and 1/3 bigger than the usual. That was really a big plus for me. They had a different kind of layout, which was more casual and the price was good. The meals were fine too.

Costs for Villa Serena Retirement

Photos of Villa Serena Retirement

Services and Amenities of Villa Serena Retirement

• Fee Structure Extra: For The Community Fee: $Community Fee: 2,500 For The Standard Unit And $3,000 For The Upgraded Unit.

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed.

About Villa Serena Retirement

Villa Serena offers fine Independent Living at a tremendous value. Spacious 55+ apartments on wonderfully landscaped grounds with multiple walking paths create the setting for top-quality senior care. Our caring staff, friendly residents and all-day dining make Villa Serena a warm and welcoming home.

Effortless Move - The transition to senior living can be difficult when faced with the normal physical and financial obstacles caused by aging and downsizing one’s home. To alleviate the stress involved with such a life-altering change, Villa Serena offers a program that lessens the strain associated with moving. Caring and dedicated staff are available to assist in matters such as real estate, financial services, moving professionals, veteran assistance, and more.

24/7 Dining - It’s easy to become spoiled with our 24/7 Dining Experience. We go beyond all-day dining to so you can enjoy gourmet food prepared from the freshest ingredients by our Executive Chef and team of professionals any time of day or night. Since our quality of food and service must be experienced, we invite you to join us for lunch or dinner. Our chef is trained and happy to accommodate residents with dietary needs due to various health restrictions, such as gluten-free and sugar-free diets, and much more.

Beautiful Grounds - Soak up the sunshine on one of our many walking paths, and be sure to stop at the duck pond to visit with our feathered neighbors.

Complimentary Transportation - It would be our pleasure to drive you to the movies, take you shopping or to cultural events, or to any other scheduled outings. Now, thanks to our innovative partnership with Lyft, we are able to offer on-call transportation and scheduled pickups for our residents at any time of day.

Exceptional Amenities - Villa Serena provides free common are a WiFi, front desk concierge service, weekly housekeeping, and on-call apartment maintenance. Your low monthly rent also includes all utilities (except your personal telephone).

Fun Social Activities and Outings - There’s always something to do at Villa Serena. From BBQs to karaoke parties, exercise classes to informational seminars, day trips to movies, it’s easy to stay busy with friends!

Month-to-Month Lease - Keep it simple! Skip the long-term contracts at other senior living communities, and enjoy a straightforward month-to-month lease.

We offer safe living with a caring and dedicated staff available to you 24/7, for complete peace of mind.

Map of Villa Serena Retirement