Palm Villas of Redwood City

Reviews of Palm Villas of Redwood City

Assisted Living Reviews for Palm Villas of Redwood City

October 09, 2017

By Kenneth

My wife is at the memory care facility of Palm Villas of Redwood City. It is a small single-story residence. It's very clean and it has a very homey atmosphere. The staff is fantastic even though we've gone through some difficulties with my wife. She's not quite the same person as she was before she was hospitalized and occasionally she has behavioral outbursts. They're being very gentle with her and helping me deal with the transitions. She's starting to enjoy the singing activities and the current events activities. It's difficult for her because she's on palliative care making a transition to hospice. The dining area is very clean. When my wife first came in, they were very accommodating and they tried to help her. Occasionally, she refuses to eat or drink and they're trying to make her specialty items so she will be enticed to eat or drink. The staff is very good at keeping me abreast of what's happening. She is starting to eat the food, so it must be pretty good. The facility is very nice and clean. She is starting to participate in activities, too. The minute we walked in, I was so impressed. Beyond just the room and the cleanliness of the place, they have some rabbits and some lovebirds, and my wife finds a great deal of comfort going to listen to the lovebirds.

April 05, 2017

By Elizabeth043570

My dad found a place for my mom in Palm Villas. It's a terrific community. They have all kinds of activities, like bowling and bingo, music and singing. The community itself is very clean. The people who work there are terrific and take realy good care of her. My mom adjusted really well. She is always clean and always dressed. She is very happy. The food is delicious. Anytime I visit my mom during meals, they always offer us food, so I've eaten there and it's delicious. My mother has a very large room with two beds, a dresser, a walk-in closet, a bathroom, a chair and a couple of nightstands. It is a very big room. Again, it's a great community. I would highly recommend it to anyone who needs to place someone with memory issues. They help feed my mom, it's very clean, and the people who work there love working there. It is a great place for my mom.

January 09, 2017

By Verlayne

When we had our visit at Palm Villas of Redwood City, there was an activity going on. The place was clean. The staff members we met were very friendly and caring. It looked like they were attentive to the resident's needs and engaging with them. They did not have a private room available at that time, but I saw one room that was functional.

September 30, 2016

Palm Villas of Redwood City was clean, and the staff seemed very nice, but I think they were overwhelmed with a lot of people to care for which was really bad. I think the food was excellent. The rooms were very nice with nice big windows, nice big bathrooms, and nice furniture.

June 22, 2015

My husband has been in Palm Villas for about 3 weeks. They have rooms for people seriously affected by dementia. I tried one meal, and it was good, but the vegetables were cut into small pieces, and it was not appropriate for him. Security was top notch.

May 17, 2015

By Cathy106895750

Palm Villas is clean, comfortable, and convenient. The rooms are kind of cozy. The dining room is on the small side. It is kind of a small community. They have lectures, arts and crafts, movies, and exercise classes.

September 26, 2013

By Valerie14

I have my friend settled at Palm Villas. The people that are in-charged there seemed to be much more personable. She is an animal lover and they have birds and a couple of dogs that walk through the facility. The thing that impressed me most is that she is not a very social person and they have gotten her to socialize. I also like the intimacy of the community, its small, and the attendants there are very kind, sweet, and they attend to the residents immediately. They have community activities and I liked that. She lives in an apartment and it's spacious. She has her own bathroom. It has a view out the patio and its easy access to the dining room and the activities within the community. One thing that I was really impressed with is that they would personally cater for doctor's appointments.

May 11, 2013

By Cathy19

Palm Villas was just a small facility but they did a really good job with my dad. They worked well with dementia patients like him. He was in a shared room and they checked on him a couple of times at night. They served non-processed food and it was really good. He was there for almost six months.

Costs for Palm Villas of Redwood City

• Tagalog

• Staff Patient Ratio: 7:1
  • Pets: Small Pets

About Palm Villas of Redwood City

Palm Villas specializes in caring for those with memory impairments, such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, Lewy-Body, or other related dementia. We have a skilled and caring staff.

At Palm Villas our goal is to provide our residents with a safe and stimulating home-like environment that allows them to enjoy their golden years with no worries.

We are hands-on owners with a well-trained staff that we’re proud to call “Family”. We are determined to create an environment that promotes our values: Family and friends, health, happiness, personal care, and an active lifestyle with the highest quality of life for our seniors.

Our unique community has 6 activity areas so there is always a fun and exciting activity to join in.

• Knitting
  • Live entertainment
  • Exercise
  • Bible study
  • Special tailor-made activities
  • Our seniors have many options to choose.
Services:
  • Personal hygiene - (bathing, dressing and grooming) assistance
  • Three delicious, nutritional Organic meals daily
  • 24/7 daily snacks and refreshments
  • Doctors prescribed special diets
  • Medication management/monitoring
  • Incontinence care
  • Coordination and documentation of medical/professional visits
  • Daily housekeeping
  • Personal laundry service
  • Provision of all linens and bedding
  • Assistance with all activities of daily living
  • Transportation to appointments

We provide expert clinical care led by fully licensed personnel on-site around the clock. With a capacity over 40, care is provided in a friendly home-like environment including pets, and children. Delicious meals, stimulating, adult oriented activities and life enriching outings round out the living experience at Palm Villas. Our licensed staff are always there to ensure that a good time is had by all.

Many of our residents and their families have called our food program “Outstanding”. We purchase our products weekly from local markets to ensure they are always fresh. We use mostly organic products and no canned foods. I invite you and your love one to dine with us at any time.

Our entire Family is devoted to touching the lives of seniors and their families in a positive way. Our love and commitment to seniors comes naturally because we enjoy what we do. Please visit us and meet the “Palm Villas Family”.

Map of Palm Villas of Redwood City