Sunrise of Palo Alto

Sunrise of Palo Alto (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Sunrise of Palo Alto

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Palo Alto

April 29, 2014

Sunrise Palo Alto had an underground parking garage. I live in rural Oregon, and I don't do the parking garage thing. There was also street parking. To get into the parking garage, you had to have the code. The residents there seemed happy. I really liked that they had a family dining room that you could reserve for birthdays and so forth. I thought that was really neat.

September 26, 2012

By Martin 1

Sunrise is a typical retirement community. I have a 2-bedroom suite and the food is excellent. I have no complaints, everything is fine here. Something worth really well. It doesn't have a swimming pool or athletic facilities. The staff was very helpful and wonderful. It's a fine place.

August 29, 2011

By Gene

Other

Nice facility. Somewhat short on staff and services, especially with food services and quality. As a profit making organization, a great deal depends the leadership of the local manager and how much of the budget is allocated to hiring caring staff.

August 09, 2011

By steven_fram

My mom, with fairly advanced Alzheimer's, stayed at Sunrise in Palo Alto for the better part of a year (2008-2009). The facility itself is beautiful, and my mom (who appreciates the 'finer things in life' really appreciated that aspect. My mom is also not the easiest person to deal with, so I appreciated that the management was willing to accommodate her needs -- a quiet room, first floor, meals in her room when she wanted, and so-on. There was, however, a significant downside. The facility always seemed to be short-staffed, and so i felt that my mom was not getting the amount of attention that she needed, and that we believed she would receive. One morning I visited and found her asleep on the couch (and she had fallen off the couch before); apparently, nobody had visited or thought to move her to bed during the night. That said, I feel that if your family member is more independent than my mom was, Sunrise might be a good choice.

March 25, 2008

By stevetachnafram

My loved one stayed here

My parent moved in earlier this year, and I have to say it's a mixed bag. As compared to other assisted living facilities I am familiar with, there is a greater expectation of independence. The downside here is if your loved one needs more attention -- there are times when my parent is left alone when she really needs help. My guess i that they scrimp a bit on staffing. Pluses: - Attractive facility - Good collection of activities - Great location Minuses: - Pushy, turn-off salesperson - Very pricey - Dining room service poor - Food is nothing to write home about.

Photos of Sunrise of Palo Alto

Services and Amenities of Sunrise of Palo Alto

• Features Extra: Library

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Tai Chi

• Staff Patient Ratio: The Ratio Of Care Staff To Residents Is Determined By An Assessed Level Of Care For Each Resident's Individual Needs

• Licenses: CLPSUN III tenant, LP &Sunrise senior Living MGMT INC