Monte Vista Village

Reviews of Monte Vista Village

Assisted Living Reviews for Monte Vista Village

January 27, 2015

By Laf0807

My mother-in-law was in very bad shape and in ill health after trying to live on her own. So much to a point that we thought she may need constant bed care. After a week in this place (the assisted living part) she was a new person. She has been there a month now and is going to exercise classes in her wheel chair, telling us about the happy hours, eating great and loving life again. The staff is awesome about helping her and getting her to events and activities. She is even walking again with her walker which is amazing after so short a time. The food they serve is NOT old folks home bland stuff. The salads are full of spring greens and spinach leaves and they are served with shoe wheat bread. The grounds are beautiful and immaculate. It's definitely not a chore to visit as it was when my grandparents were in assisted living. Nothing gloomy about this place! If you are considering a change for yourself or a loved one I truly recommend it.

December 30, 2014

Monte Vista Village was nice and clean. They took good care of the people. The grounds were nice and clean, and the landscape was nice and neat. However, when they told me the price, I knew it was way out of our range. The rooms were nice. There was like a one bedroom apartment with a nurse on duty 24 hours. They had activities for the seniors. They had bingo and different things. I liked that it was well kept up, and the people were very friendly.

August 26, 2014

Monte Vista Village was a more open setting. It was pretty affordable and the people there were friendly. But it was a bad neighborhood and that was the big drawback. It was the kind of place where I wouldn't feel comfortable with my brother walking around at night alone. The place itself is very nice. I liked it because it looked like Hawaii with these little apartments and this little winding walkway -- that part was really nice. The units were really spacious and everything there was good, but the food was not so good.

May 11, 2013

By Connie19

The Montevista is a nice facility. I just didn't like the area where it was located because it was a little farther for me to drive. They were a lot more expensive too. But they basically offer the same type of care as the place where I put my mom in.

December 17, 2012

By sandiegoscott

My uncle has spent 3 1/2 months here in independent living, but with some assistance bathing. The best part of this place is not the attractive facility (reminds of a tropical resort), or the food (which is pretty good; I've eaten there quite a few times), but the friendly, helpful, and caring staff. Where do they find these people? They're terrific. Not everything has gone perfectly, but that would be a miracle. The transition to a new routine and the differences in all sorts of small things took awhile for my uncle to learn and there were a few small problems. But they let him keep his cat and that helped him accept the move. I have felt so much better since getting him there, and he says he likes it, "it's a good place" as he puts it. I think it is too.

October 13, 2012

By Marcus1

This place Monte Vista has adequate service in terms of providing good nice beautiful environment and the needs of their customer. The architecture is very beautiful; the surrounding areas are acceptable to the view of the customer. The multiple homes provided to customer are clean and the landscape is well maintained. I love the flowers and green grass all around the facilities. The plants compensates a lot of fresh air for the customers who lives here. I didn't notice anything out of place. There might be a need of more trees to keep the place shaded. I believe they can improve on safety issue can be improve a little. In case of emergency, there should be a well develop plan that the rest of the customers can acknowledge. Monte Vista proves a variety of concierge services and dining. The location is of this assisted-living facility is not too awful. The health care services is acceptable, the professionals that work here are nice. Living here is recommendable to others.

April 28, 2012

By Andrew1

This was, overall, a good facility. I think that it was well maintained and the staff were friendly. I went here to visit my grandmother and remember being greeted and taken care of in a very timely and friendly manner. I always worry about how the seniors are treated in places life this because I think that we've all heard the horror stories. It seemed to me that the staff did an excellent job of caring for my grandmother and did a great job of really making her feel at home and independent while clearly providing the care that she needed. The facility really did a good job of meeting my expectations because there is only so much of a "home" feel on can get at a facility like this, but I think that the general atmosphere was warm and inviting as well as manageable. At no point did I feel stressed here.

Independent Living Reviews for Monte Vista Village

Photos of Monte Vista Village

Services and Amenities of Monte Vista Village

• State Licenses: 374603589 (pending), 374600564

About Monte Vista Village

Independent, Assisted Living and Memory Care

The Goodman Group creates and maintains beautiful and comfortable environments that offer a range of apartment styles and sizes, concierge services, life enriching activities, dining and transportation services for our residents. For residents who need assistance with daily living, our assisted living communities and memory care programs help them lead dignified, well-rounded lives. Licensed professionals provide assistance and health care monitoring with trained staff available around the clock. Days are filled with opportunities for personal pursuits and social activities, providing residents with a continued sense of purpose in their lives.

Map of Monte Vista Village