Solstice Senior Living at El Cajon

Solstice Senior Living at El Cajon (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Solstice Senior Living at El Cajon

Independent Living Reviews for Solstice Senior Living at El Cajon

July 20, 2015

My wife and I visited The Springs of El Cajon. They showed us the floor plans, and they explained the pricing structure and what was included in the package. They had one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments, and there was a lot of foregone maintenance. The building needed help. The food was great.

Hi - I'm Katie, I work at Holiday's Home Office. Thank you so much for your sincere review - I've passed your feedback concerning the maintenance at The Springs of El Cajon to our Resident Relations team to document. If you have anything else you'd like to add, please give them a call at 1-800-370-8331. The more sincere feedback we hear from our residents, visitors, and their families, the better we can improve our business, so a sincere thank you once m

May 13, 2015

We like The Springs of El Cajon very much. It is more conducive of what we would like to have when we go. Their residents don’t need quite as much help when they are in there. We had dinner there, and the food is lovely. They do have activities and programs, and they are right in the city of El Cajon, so they are near the library, and it is very lovely. Their rooms have a large bedroom, a good size living room, a nice bathroom, a little kitchenette area, and plenty of windows which is nice. I would recommend them.

April 29, 2015

By William104437350

I moved in to The Springs of El Cajon. The staff are nice, and the people are very friendly. I am satisfied. They do have a little bit of assistance, but it's from the outside. It's strictly independent. My son is only a half an hour away, and that's a plus. I'm in a one-bedroom apartment. I like the overall situation, and the surroundings are nice too.

November 22, 2014

By Peggy43

I like The Springs very much as far as the look and the feel of it. It was nice to meet the people there. The gentleman who was our host sat us down at a table with a very nice lady. His father lived there, too, so we sat with him. The dining room was lovely. The apartments were pretty nice. They had quite a few things going on. They invited us back for a luau and another night time activity. They had places all over the United States and Hawaii that you could go to and if you made a reservation, you didn’t pay anything to go there. I thought this was a really fine idea.

June 10, 2014

By Mr C

We stayed for 4 or 5 days at The Springs of El Cajon. I told them I’m a journalist, and they made me make an article for their newsletter as a freebie. We weren’t planning to stay there, we just wanted to see the what San Diego had to offer. So it was not a candidate for relocation. However, we enjoyed it there. They have a guest room, a library, a dining hall, and some individual activity rooms. We stayed in a room with a queen sized bed, a closet, and a dresser. It also had a television, sofa, and sink. We usually ate our meals there. One of the things there was the public library one block away. We took advantage of two special activities in the library: music and computers. I guess it was satisfactory.

May 20, 2014

By Rhonda9

My parents are very happy at The Springs of El Cajon. We can have dinner with them, and everyone was so very nice. We really like this place. It wasn’t as big as the other places. It’s a very homey place, and they also receive three meals a day. The staff were very, very wonderful. The residents came up, and they were very friendly. We just got a really good sense of it being just the right place for them. They have cleaning service once a week. They have bingo and card nights. They actually have several things for the residents to engage in. They also have a community kitchen were you can bring in your meals and bring in the food and cook it with your family. It has been a great experience so far. Also, once a week they a bus out or to doctor's appointments. We had dinner there. They have a regular meal offered, and they also have other foods offered. I like the idea that there is a staff that stays at night. The only thing I wish they have was a swimming pool.

April 21, 2014

By Glenda6

Basically, my mom wanted to go to a particular church, and The Springs of El Cajon would take her there. Everybody is very friendly and helpful. They have people who live there. The workers do everything, cleaning the rooms and serving the food. There's a lot of interaction for people who live there and for new people who come in. If there are new people, somebody goes around with them and makes sure they get involved in some of the activities. They make a big deal of introducing new people. In the dining room at lunchtime, they introduce them, saying who they are and where they came from. In addition, they have something going on every day. They have ongoing bingo games, crafts, meeting club that knits or crochets (the community furnishes the materials), and exercise classes. They do 3 meals a day, but for many it's 2 meals. I've eaten there twice. The food was good. It's small, only 100 residents. It's an older building, low kept-up, and a little outdated. I think they need to update furnishing in some of the areas. The chairs in the dining room are already pink; older people like that, but the furnishings aren't modern.

May 14, 2013

By John41

We chose The Springs for my mother because my mother-in-law also lived there. It had a courtyard and a restaurant-like dining area where they ordered whatever they wanted. The staff were very good and my mother was happier there. It was a very good place and I would recommend it to others.

Questions about Solstice Senior Living at El Cajon

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Solstice Senior Living at El Cajon. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our Vibrant residents range in age from late 60's to 90's. Bocce Ball, Bean Bag Baseball and gathering to listen to Live Entertainment are just a few activities and social events our residents enjoy together.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Downtown El Cajon restaurants, shops and Friday night Summer Concerts. Parkway Plaza Mall, 24/hr Fitness, Downtown San Diego, Petco Park, Balboa Park.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Solstice Senior Living at El Cajon has organized?

Weekly Shopping trips. Narrated bus tours around San Diego.

What transportation services does Solstice Senior Living at El Cajon offer to independent living residents?

Scheduled Dr. visits and local area shopping.

What makes the chef or dining program at Solstice Senior Living at El Cajon exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

ELEVATE an enhanced culinary experience. By creating meaningful connections through cuisine, Elevate transforms the culinary experience into a culinary celebration that inspires the engagement of our residents, families and friends.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Activity Rooms, Fitness and spacious courtyard

What safety features or security measures does Solstice Senior Living at El Cajon offer to independent living residents?

Included in the rent we provide "Great Call", a Mobile Urgent Response Device for every resident. 24/7 secured community with nighttime security guard.

If Solstice Senior Living at El Cajon accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are a pet friendly community. Pets allowed in the apartment and outside the community for walking.

Does Solstice Senior Living at El Cajon work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Residents are free to choose any Home Health Care agency to provide additional assistance they may need such as laundry, medication management, stand by shower assistance and more.

Costs for Solstice Senior Living at El Cajon

Photos of Solstice Senior Living at El Cajon

Services and Amenities of Solstice Senior Living at El Cajon

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails

• About Solstice Senior Living at El Cajon

Independent living is just that, you live independently enjoying the company of your friends and neighbors while we provide the convenience of restaurant-style dining, housekeeping, laundry, transportation services and much more. We believe you have earned the right to a care-free lifestyle. Let us do the daily chores so you can do the daily fun!

Map of Solstice Senior Living at El Cajon