Solstice Senior Living at El Cajon

Reviews of Solstice Senior Living at El Cajon

Independent Living Reviews for Solstice Senior Living at El Cajon

June 17, 2016

By Richard367188

It was more independent living. They had some services for assisted living, but you really need to be more independent because the assistance comes from outside, and you have work with them. It did not seem like it will work out. The courtyard was nice, and they had activities.

May 13, 2015

We like it very much. It is more conducive of what we would like to have when we go. Their residents don’t need quite as much help when they are in there. We had dinner there, and the food is lovely. They do have activities and programs, and they are right in the city of El Cajon, so they are near the library, and it is very lovely. Their rooms have a large bedroom, a good size living room, a nice bathroom, a little kitchenette area, and plenty of windows which is nice. I would recommend them.

April 29, 2015

By William104437350

I moved in and the staff are nice, and the people are very friendly. I am satisfied. They do have a little bit of assistance, but it's from the outside. It's strictly independent. My son is only a half an hour away, and that's a plus. I'm in a one-bedroom apartment. I like the overall situation, and the surroundings are nice too.

May 20, 2014

By Rhonda9

My parents are very happy here. We can have dinner with them, and everyone was so very nice. We really like this place. It wasn’t as big as the other places. It’s a very homey place, and they also receive three meals a day. The staff were very, very wonderful. The residents came up, and they were very friendly. We just got a really good sense of it being just the right place for them. They have cleaning service once a week. They have bingo and card nights. They actually have several things for the residents to engage in. They also have a community kitchen were you can bring in your meals and bring in the food and cook it with your family. It has been a great experience so far. Also, once a week they a bus out or to doctor's appointments. We had dinner there. They have a regular meal offered, and they also have other foods offered. I like the idea that there is a staff that stays at night. The only thing I wish they have was a swimming pool.

May 14, 2013

By John41

We chose it for my mother because my mother-in-law also lived there. It had a courtyard and a restaurant-like dining area where they ordered whatever they wanted. The staff were very good and my mother was happier there. It was a very good place and I would recommend it to others.

Questions about Solstice Senior Living at El Cajon

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Solstice Senior Living at El Cajon. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our Vibrant residents range in age from late 60's to 90's. Bocce Ball, Bean Bag Baseball and gathering to listen to Live Entertainment are just a few activities and social events our residents enjoy together.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Downtown El Cajon restaurants, shops and Friday night Summer Concerts. Parkway Plaza Mall, 24/hr Fitness, Downtown San Diego, Petco Park, Balboa Park.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Solstice Senior Living at El Cajon has organized?

Weekly Shopping trips. Narrated bus tours around San Diego.

What transportation services does Solstice Senior Living at El Cajon offer to independent living residents?

Scheduled Dr. visits and local area shopping.

What makes the chef or dining program at Solstice Senior Living at El Cajon exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

ELEVATE an enhanced culinary experience. By creating meaningful connections through cuisine, Elevate transforms the culinary experience into a culinary celebration that inspires the engagement of our residents, families and friends.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Activity Rooms, Fitness and spacious courtyard

What safety features or security measures does Solstice Senior Living at El Cajon offer to independent living residents?

Included in the rent we provide "Great Call", a Mobile Urgent Response Device for every resident. 24/7 secured community with nighttime security guard.

If Solstice Senior Living at El Cajon accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are a pet friendly community. Pets allowed in the apartment and outside the community for walking.

Does Solstice Senior Living at El Cajon work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Residents are free to choose any Home Health Care agency to provide additional assistance they may need such as laundry, medication management, stand by shower assistance and more.

Costs for Solstice Senior Living at El Cajon

Payment options

• Credit Card
  • Check

About Solstice Senior Living at El Cajon

Independent living is just that, you live independently enjoying the company of your friends and neighbors while we provide the convenience of restaurant-style dining, housekeeping, laundry, transportation services and much more. We believe you have earned the right to a care-free lifestyle. Let us do the daily chores so you can do the daily fun!

Map of Solstice Senior Living at El Cajon