La Vida Real

Reviews of La Vida Real

Assisted Living Reviews for La Vida Real

July 17, 2017

By Dawn

We had a very nice tour at the assisted living unit of La Vida Real, it was amazing. Even though it's a little on the pricey end, it's worth it because of the location and the amenities. I would want to live there. The people are wonderful, informative, and were willing to work with us. They completely refunded our deposit when my uncle did not make it, they were very accommodating, and I was so thankful. There were plenty of activities and lots of things to do. They have different levels of care, including memory care. The way the place is set up, you can be either completely independent or completely dependent on medical care. Whatever level of care they determine is whatever you pay for. They have everything, like a gym, a physical therapist, even doctors on staff if needed. It's a pretty comprehensive place. The dining room looks like a restaurant, they have specials, so you go in and order whatever you like. They park your little walker outside. You can come eat with loved ones every day if you like and you can get them a room for an additional fee. If you're in independent living, they have an available option for you to bring your own help if you need it. It's in a completely different section of the community, but when you need more assistance, you'll have to move apartments. It doesn't feel like a nursing home or a senior living facility, it looks like an apartment complex. There's a front desk and security. They are very good about keeping things discrete. Every apartment you go into, there are medical things you can pull out of the wall. All the bathrooms and walk-in showers are definitely designed for someone who needs accommodations. The little apartments were so cute, they have a kitchenette with a microwave, a fridge, and a sink. It's a beautiful place, like a resort.

August 09, 2015

La Vida Real was very nice. I loved it. I would highly recommend it. It was beautiful. The marketing person had been there like 20 years. The staff there was like 7 years, so they don't have much turn over, which I liked too. They knew everything. They treated their employees right, and they treated the people they were caring for right. It was obviously a good place to work, if people were staying because working for seniors was a tough job. It was a very difficult job. They had nice rooms, beautiful grounds, and lots of activities 7 days a week.

March 25, 2015

By Gregg3137

Everything was very nice in La Vida Real. The only thing is it was out of our price range. The people were great. It was a converted house with several rooms. It was more home like.

October 31, 2014

La Vida Real is overpowering; it is huge. I think the ratio of staff to patient is not adequate. That's my impression. I think there are way too many people there. It is highly expensive and huge. Regarding staff's work ethic, they were good. They showed me around. They were very cordial and provided the information I requested.

June 02, 2014

By Her niece

My 99 year old aunt has lived in the independent side for the last 10 years. The staff is SO CARING - the cleaning staff, the maintenace, the yard staff, the staff in the dining hall, the activitiy - all of them! They have three buildings: independent, assisted and Memory Care. In the last couple of years, my aunt has needed some care in the morning to be there when she takes her shower and help with a few things. Instead of going to assisted that has 24/7 care, she is able to pay extra ($20 hour) and have someone just come for 1/2 hour on some mornings or 1 hour on others. This "option" has made her happy to stay on the independent side. The food is delicious - like a fancy restaurant. She still partakes in several of the activities: dance class for one. A bus takes her to church on Sundays. She can cross the street and go to the store or get a pedicure or go to the bank. I can't say enough wonderful compliments. She loves it here and we have all been impressed.

January 17, 2014

By R.G.

I don't usually write reveiws, but felt it was important to share my amazing experience with others who may be in the process of looking for an Assisted Living. My mother has Lived at La Vida Real for over 5 years now, and I have nothing but positives to share about this amazing community. From the managers to the caregivers, we have been treated with respect, dignity, and love. This is no longer just an Assisted living that my mother resides at. This is her "Home", and the staff has become her extended family. The care, services provided and food have exceeded our expectations. My mother was initially hesitant about moving to an assisted care facility. When you ask her now, she will tell you she should have done it sooner!

December 16, 2013

By Lori22

I wouldn't recommend La Vida Real to anybody. The facility itself is beautiful and some of the staff care about their residents but they have too few of them and they're not trained well enough. So the facility looks pretty on the outside and it is all wrapped up nice and pretty, but there is no "meat." Their nursing care stinks. I have to pay for extra help for my mother. I have to pay caregivers to be in there with her because she doesn't get the care that she needs from La Vida.

July 27, 2011

By ddial7

I know 2 people who live there, one in the assisted living facility and the other in the independent living facility. This senior living community is like living on a cruise ship; the environment, food, services, caring staff, amount of activities, cleanliness, friendliness, and general atmosphere is warm and welcoming. Personal care for those living in assisted living is outstanding with 24/7 assistance and nursing staff on-site. Every need is taken care of; all the residents have to do is enjoy it and take advantage of all it has to offer. Plus, it's right across the street from a big plaza so it's great for shopping or just walking.

Independent Living Reviews for La Vida Real

May 13, 2015

By Tim30

La Vida Real is a very nice upscale place. My in-laws lived there for a time which is why we have an acquaintance with the place. I can't say anything negative about it. I thought the food was excellent, and the staff was very helpful. At the time, my in-laws were in the independent living section.

Services and Amenities of La Vida Real

• Spanish
  • Tagalog

About La Vida Real

La Vida Real is a senior living provider in El Cajon, California that offers residents Assisted Living and Independent Living. Contact La Vida Real for more details on services and rates.

Map of La Vida Real