Avista Senior Living Magnolia

Reviews of Avista Senior Living Magnolia

Assisted Living Reviews for Avista Senior Living Magnolia

May 19, 2016

By Son of a residentZLYJH

My dad moved in over a month ago. We’re somewhat happy with it, but we can’t ask for everything we need right at this moment. They took us in at the very last minute. He got here on and moved in the following day, so they did the best they could. I can’t really give them five stars because there are quite a few things that need to be fixed. The staff people are friendly and courteous, but there’s one incident in particular that I was kind of concerned about; my dad slipped and fell right beside his bed, so he pulled the emergency cord that they have in the room and no one responded. He’s not hurt, just a little sore, but if nobody’s answering that cord, then there’s a problem. According to them, it was a busy night where they had some additional calls, and somehow they didn’t get to my dad right away. I don’t think that’s the case, so I can’t rate them highly. I think they’re OK right now and doing the best they can.

May 28, 2015

By anonymous106505350

It was clean. They were very professional. Their whole dining thing was awesome. It was like going into a 5-star hotel. The apartments were very nice. I would definitely recommend it.

April 27, 2015

My brother is here and it is very nice. The staff is friendly. Most of them are helpful. My brother is in the assisted living, and he is in a shared room, but he didn't have a roommate yet. I think the room is very pretty. The dining area is very pretty inside, and they sit you with other people so you can be more social. He doesn't do any of the activities, but they have a number of activities that people can do. I will recommend this community. I like the fact that they have a bus because he has doctor's appointments, and he needs transportation back and forth. It is very helpful. Also, the majority of the staff is very friendly. However, sometimes he needs more assistance than they are equipped for -- like lifting. They don't have a lift, and sometimes I think it is a little hard for the people to lift him, but they are always friendly.

April 27, 2015

It was the most cost effective for my mother. Overall, we are very pleased. They have exercise, cocktail hours every Friday, singers come in, bonfires, bible studies, knitting groups, and drama clubs. They have parties for birthdays and special holidays. They have field trips. If I couldn't go with her to the doctor, they would take her. It's very highly recommended.

April 10, 2015

I had visited. It was lovely and very nice. It was very convenient. It was right up the historical part of town, and it was just a beautiful place.

October 28, 2013

By Jacqueline7

It was wonderful. It was great. The gal who gave us the tour and actually told us about the facility took her time and showed us around. It was amazing! I would highly recommend the facility to anyone. I was proud to walk in there, was proud when I left and would be proud to walk my sister in there.

September 27, 2013

By Joanne16

It was a very nice place and it looked like everybody was happy and content. I felt very welcome. They had activities of all kinds. The dining room was nice, neat and clean.

September 09, 2013

It is really nice. People are really great. Everything was nice about the facility, the building, the dining hall, and the rooms. They have activities like bingo and yoga. Grandma could just go down to dining hall and get her three squares a day and not have to worry about a thing. If she calls, they come and take care of her needs. I'd definitely recommend it.

June 19, 2013

By Kris1

It was an absolutely beautiful facility. The staff were very good, attentive and caring. The administrator was awesome. The food was good and they had lots of activities. My mother-in-law was quite happy there until her dementia worsened and she needed more care.

May 14, 2013

It was a small facility but it was too far from where I lived. I liked it if not for the location.

May 11, 2013

By caring2780

I visited just to get some information. The place was very nice and the staff was very accommodating.

April 13, 2012

By babuzini

From the outside the facility is very accommodating. The building looks modern. I did not particularly like the staff. They rarely smiled and they did not feel very welcoming to people visiting their relatives. Other than that they were great with my great grandmother and I did feel she was in safe hands. The room she was in was smaller than I would have liked as it would be pretty crammed when my friends brought there families to visit her. They never treated my great grandmother with any sort of disrespect, even though her brain had been affected by the stroke and she it was fairly difficult for her to communicate all of the time. I would recommend this facility to another person if they do not mind not having a huge room to stay in with a basic 19 inch television. The main reason my mother chose this facility was that it was about a mile from our house. We did not visit or tour any other facilities.

Costs for Avista Senior Living Magnolia

Photos of Avista Senior Living Magnolia

Services and Amenities of Avista Senior Living Magnolia

• Fee Structure Extra: Entry Fee Cost : $2500

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

About Avista Senior Living Magnolia

A lovely assisted living lifestyle awaits you at Avista Magnolia, nestled in the heart of Circle City. Our community is full of all-natural light and garden views, with a lot of room to entertain and plenty of storage. Our gorgeous gathering areas and fun social activities supply a place for you to build relationships as well as discover brand-new skills. See just how we make each day meaningful at Avista.

Here at Avista Assisted Living, you will discover that compassion and kindness are at the core of everything we do. We concentrate on supporting our residents, family members, and staff members as if they are our own family.

Our mission is to provide an excellent resident experience by having:

• Vibrant communities where kindness is at the core.
  • Effective staff that provide excellent personal care.
  • Flourishing environments via top-quality programs.

We dedicate ourselves to promoting a culture that attracts, develops, and provides significant support to our employees to ensure that our residents are well cared for, happy and engaged.

Avista Senior Living includes around the clock certified skilled nursing care, medical care, medication management, chefs, activities supervisors, and more, all dedicated to making sure your loved one obtains the care they are entitled to as they age.

Here at Avista Senior Living Magnolia, we treat each other with kindness and respect. Our warm, experienced staff are on hand all day, every day to provide care, comfort, and convenience. We offer more than a dozen floor plans in our senior living community, including studio, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom apartments with lots of natural light and plenty of storage.

Our objective is to meet the social, emotional, and physical needs of every resident. We get to know every individual because we want each resident to feel needed and cared for.

Map of Avista Senior Living Magnolia