16 Assisted Living Facilities near Richland, WA
There are 16 Assisted Living Facilities in the Richland area, with 7 in Richland and 9 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Richland is $3,267 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,480.
To help you with your search, browse the 68 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Richland. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Richland 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Kennewick with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Richland, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Richland, WA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Richland
Richland, Washington is home to a network of walking trails, giving residents an enjoyable way to explore the city. There is a large senior community here, with residents aged 65 and older making up about 16% of the population of 57,000 people.
To serve the needs of those who require assistance with daily living activities, the Richland area has 16 assisted living facilities, including seven in the city proper and nine more in nearby cities. In Richland, assisted living facilities house at least seven residents and are governed by the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Richland
- Washington has no state income tax, meaning that seniors in Richland are not taxed on any retirement income at the state level. While property tax rates are moderate, the state's sales tax is relatively high.
- Richland is home to The Richland Players, a community theatre that hosts live plays throughout the year. Interested area residents of all ages and level of ability are encouraged to audition for shows. Seniors age 62 and over and retired military service members enjoy special pricing on tickets.
- Richland has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Richland Seniors Association, an organization that provides educational, recreational and social activities for Richland seniors, as well as two senior centers.
- The Richland area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Kadlec Regional Medical Center Main Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors who enjoy spending time outdoors may enjoy Richland's weather. The most comfortable months of the year are May, June and September when highs range between 70-85 degrees. July is the hottest month of the year with highs near 90 degrees, making it one of the hottest cities in the state, and the coldest month of the year is January when lows are around 29 degrees. Days with noticeable humidity are rare throughout the year, and the city receives just 4 inches of annual snowfall.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Richland
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Washington
Assisted Living costs in Richland start around $3,267 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Richland and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Richland
Low-income seniors seeking assisted living in Richland may have expenses paid through Apple Health, the state's Medicaid plan. Others may receive financial assistance through a Medicaid waiver program called the Community Options Program Entry System.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Washington page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Richland
Richland and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Richland, please visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Richland
Richland-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Washington are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Washington page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Richland
Review of Brookdale Meadow Springs
I visited Brookdale Meadow Springs a few years back. They are very careful and clean, but it's older though. I wish it was a little newer, but they are very good, and it's nice. The staff members w... Read more
Review of Life Care Center of Richland
For the most part nursing has been great. My poppa was taken care of. His pain management could have been better. One of the nurses Mary C. went above and beyond her call. She was awesome and has a... Read more
Review of Bonaventure of Tri-Cities
My husband and I lived there and volunteer there five days a week doing the movies five nights a week and choosing them all seven days for about ten months now. We feel like family there and are ac... Read more